When do you book?

momto3gr8boys

DIS Veteran
We are going on the Dream in May, and if DCL is going to do a 9 night Alaska cruise in 2014 I would consider doing it. We did a 7 night on princess a few years ago and I would love to go back, especially since the itinerary is a little different. So, if I were to do an OBB, would I be locked into the current price or could I wait to see how pricing goes? I just booked this May trip as it was on a whim I checked the prices and they were not bad. Later I stumbled across a thread on here or CC with the opening prices for my cruise and they were much much higher...to the point that I would not have booked.

So my real question is, when do you book? And if the prices go down do you have to cancel and rebook? I'm assuming you can't apply discounts as you do at wdw.

If you book it onboard, you are locked in at that price. If it drops later, depending on the circumstances, you could request a refund of the difference. I seriously doubt Alaska prices will drop. If it is a special rate, yes you have to cancel and re-book as they normally require new bookings.

The current rumor is that the rest of 2014 will be released prior to your May sailing. It would be best to book it as soon as you can after it comes out, then re-shop it on your May cruise.

I'm of the opinion that if the price is something you are agreeable to and you really would like it - book as soon as you can. I also agree I don't think the Alaska cruises would go down in price, but one never knows.

I booked our Fantasy Spring Break 2014 (week before Easter) on opening day and the price for our 5E has not changed at all. I'm glad to know it's locked in, but I'm honestly a little surprised it hasn't gone up yet. I think the prices are a little higher than what most want to pay so they are waiting it out. I know for sure the summer 2014 Fantasy rates are NUTS! lol

Good luck - we will be looking into Alaska 2014 also! :thumbsup2

Heather

When we have enough $$$$ saved up for our cruises we will wait for the next round of pricing to come out and then we have Dreams Unlimited book the cruise. They are always monitoring pricing and on previous Disney vacations they have found price drops and applied them.

On the one occasion when we booked on board we told the CM that we knew we would change it when the new dates come out and he told us that that is no problem; the discount would extend to the new booking date. We also have DU taking care of this reservation(s). We actually booked two cruises while on board, one we changed twice waiting for the 2013 dates to be released and are booked for later this year. The second one will be pushed out to 2014 once the rest of the year is released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter