• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you book?

Belle102498

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I was just wondering how far in advance everyone books their hotel. I know when we are going (October 2012), but haven't decided when exactly to book. Just want to know what everyone's opinion on it was! :banana:

I booked about a week ago for our Oct 2012 trip. We have 6 in our party and I wanted to make sure we could get two rooms (we are actually hoping to switch to BLT when it becomes available).

Before we were DVC members, we would book as soon as we knew our dates, now that we are DVC members we are able to book 11 months from check-in.

Adding on to this, how much do you have to pay as a deposit at time of booking? And what are the penalties for cancellation?

We have a pretty good idea of our dates (Nov. 2012) but because it's so far out, I wouldn't want to put too much down and risk something coming up.

Well, we just booked a trip for August of this year. Kinda last minute, but we got everything we wanted, resort and all ADRS. We usually try to book earlier than this though. Our Christmas trip has been booked since January. We TRY to book early on all trips, but it never seems to work our with our schedules. We've been going to WDW forever and have never had a problem, even for last minute trips.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I'm a newbie to all this but here is our recent experience. We wanted to go in low season, late Jan. 2012. I called reservations about 4 weeks ago in late May (8 months out) and the entire Contemporary was booked for our dates. We changed to first week of Feb. and booked but I was looking yesterday at the website and now almost all types of rooms are booked that week too at CR.

If you are set on a specific resort or specific room type, go ahead and book now. You can always cancel! I paid 1 night's full rate in advance which I think is the normal procedure. You will get that back if you cancel per the cancellation policy though.

I usually go every year the week after Thanksgiving. I book it the week I get home.......gives me plenty of time to pay it off.

I'll be booking for March 2012 next week!! I've already priced it out and am planning on paying the $200 deposit at the time of booking and then paying it of in increments over the next few months. I simply cannot wait to get back!

Adding on to this, how much do you have to pay as a deposit at time of booking? And what are the penalties for cancellation?

We have a pretty good idea of our dates (Nov. 2012) but because it's so far out, I wouldn't want to put too much down and risk something coming up.

One night room if booking room only or $200 if booking a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter