• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when do we get more pts.?

WoodysRoundup

DIS Veteran
A new-ish member here. If we got 200 pts. when we purchased BLT in Oct., we'll get another 200 when our UY rolls around in 2009, correct? So if our UY is April, we'll have another 200 come April 1, right? Just want to make sure I'm thinking andplanning correctly...thanks!:)

If you bought in October, with an April UY, you will get 200 pts in April for your April 2009 UY. You will then get another 200 points every April from this point forward.

I don't believe you were actually given the 200 points in October, unless they were matching developer points that you can use at SSR (or trade into RCI). My understanding is they were giving no 2008 points for BLT.

If you log onto the member's website, you will see your points allocation (not developer ones). It will show when your first points will be coming.

But, please do let us know if you find you were given those additional points.

So if you had an April UY, does that mean you cannot stay there until April 2010? (without borrowing)

No If you have an April UY your 2009 points come available April 1 2009( no fooling) and you have till March 31 2010 to use or bank them

So if you had an April UY, does that mean you cannot stay there until April 2010? (without borrowing)
You will receive BLT points for your April 2009 use year. Those points are good for stays that occur between BLT opening and 3/31/2010. You may bank them into your 2010 use year if you wish. Then they would be good for stays between 4/1/2010 and 3/31/2011.

You cannot use BLT points anywhere for a stay that begins prior to BLT opening.

You will receive BLT points for your April 2009 use year. Those points are good for stays that occur between BLT opening and 3/31/2010. You may bank them into your 2010 use year if you wish. Then they would be good for stays between 4/1/2010 and 3/31/2011.

You cannot use BLT points anywhere for a stay that begins prior to BLT opening.

Thanks Carol. So just to confirm... I DID receive the 200 points when I purchased in Oct. AND I will receive another 200pts. in my April use year?

Thanks Carol. So just to confirm... I DID receive the 200 points when I purchased in Oct. AND I will receive another 200pts. in my April use year?

Yes, you will receive 200 points for your April UY on April 1 2009.

But, as stated above, the points you got in October were probably developer/incentive points, NOT BLT points. They couldn't give BLT points for April 2008 UY since the resort does not open until August 2009. So check your contracts to see exactly what you got.

When I bought in December with a June UY, I received developer/incentive points, (with my first BLT points coming June 2009). The developer/incentive points are only good at SSR, RCI, and DLR hotels, cannot be banked, can only be booked 7 months out, and have to be used before Oct 3 2009. These points do not show up on the DVC member website, nor does the reservation made with these points.

No If you have an April UY your 2009 points come available April 1 2009( no fooling) and you have till March 31 2010 to use or bank them

I don't think you can bank them in the last 4 months, unless there was some change that I don't know about wrt to BLT. So you have till 31 March 2010 to use them or till 30 Nov 2009 to bank them.

johno

Yes, you will receive 200 points for your April UY on April 1 2009.

But, as stated above, the points you got in October were probably developer/incentive points, NOT BLT points. They couldn't give BLT points for April 2008 UY since the resort does not open until August 2009. So check your contracts to see exactly what you got.

When I bought in December with a June UY, I received developer/incentive points, (with my first BLT points coming June 2009). The developer/incentive points are only good at SSR, RCI, and DLR hotels, cannot be banked, can only be booked 7 months out, and have to be used before Oct 3 2009. These points do not show up on the DVC member website, nor does the reservation made with these points.

Okay, now I am totally confused. :confused: I got 200 BLT pts. immediately and 200 dev. pts. I already used the 200 BLT pts. and booked our first BLT trip. So I still get more pts. in April, right?

Okay, now I am totally confused. :confused: I got 200 BLT pts. immediately and 200 dev. pts. I already used the 200 BLT pts. and booked our first BLT trip. So I still get more pts. in April, right?

You need to really contact MS and have them give you the specifics. YOu should also check the member website. Have you looked at your account? It will tell you EXACTLY what is coming on April 1st, 2009 and whether or not you were given 200 points in October for BLT.

The BLT trip you booked, I assume, is sometime between August 4th, 2009 and March 31st, 2010. That means your trip falls during your April 2009 UY (April 1st, 2009 through March 31st, 2010). When you booked, since the trip is occurring during your 2009 UY, they probably used your 2009 points to cover the trip, even though you don't techinically have the points yet--they know they will be there when you travel. YOu do not need to have points in your account when you book, only when you travel.

Unfortunately, I think you were given mis information about when you would be getting points. As the PP said, there was NO 2008 UY for BLT and therefore, not points to give you. It sounds like you were under the impression that you would have 400 points available to you on April 1st, 2009. I would contact your guide and go to the member website.

If you did indeed get 200 BLT points, and 200 developer points, and will be getting another 200 pts on April 1st, 2009, then there are going to be serveral upset BLT owners out there that did not (including me!).

Keep us posted once you check your online account or talk to MS.

i'll take a crack at it but may confuse you even more.

technically you have already been "given" all of your points for the 50 years when you bought the timeshare.

However you can only make reservations with them starting 11 months before the use year starts (because of reservation rules not because disney has not "given" them to you.

if what is said above is true about there not being 2008 BLT points (which from my understanding is correct), then you already used some of your april 2009 points to make the reservation for BLT.

The trick to remember is that your points are for when you take the vacation NOT for when you make the reservation.

Confused yet?

Check the member website under "My Vacation Points" to see your account by use year to be sure.

The way i think of it is that I HAVE my 2050 AKV points but unfortunately have to wait until 2049 to make the reservation! :laughing: (i guess i could borrow for 2048 hmmm)

I don't think you got any BLT points immediately when you bought. You got the 200 DP and then your first set of 200 BLT points comes to you this April. The reservation you made was with your April 2009 points.

We went through the same thing when we first bought SSR. We bought in March but didn't get our first set of SSR points until August because it was still under construction, just like BLT. We did make a reservation before we got our points because the trip was happening within our first Use Year, just like you. The only difference between us and you is that you also got DP (we didn't because at the time it was a choice between DP and price discount and we took the latter).

I don't know if that helped you understand. I know it is confusing that first year! :)

:rolleyes:
I don't think you got any BLT points immediately when you bought. You got the 200 DP and then your first set of 200 BLT points comes to you this April. The reservation you made was with your April 2009 points.

We went through the same thing when we first bought SSR. We bought in March but didn't get our first set of SSR points until August because it was still under construction, just like BLT. We did make a reservation before we got our points because the trip was happening within our first Use Year, just like you. The only difference between us and you is that you also got DP (we didn't because at the time it was a choice between DP and price discount and we took the latter).

Thank you thank you thank you (Liz and everyone). I don't know what I was thinking . I thought I received pts. in Oct. and would get more in April. I did not realize that when I made BLT ressies, I was actually borrowing from my '09 UY. Bummer for me! We have less pts. than I thought we did!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter