When do they offer.....

love__goofy

Mouseketeer
When does the "kids sail free" offer usually come out? Our family of 6 would love to cruise, but without this promotion, it would break the bank. We are very fortunate that my parents would want to go. So we would only have to pay for my husband and I to sail :cool1:

Thanks a bunch!

We sailed with kids free last Feb. I think the code came out the beginning of Dec. but I waited till Jan to book.

depends on bookings, in 2009 they had a kids sail free PIN promo released in late fall early winter for Jan- Mar 2010 (I think)Then in late winter early spring they advertised kids sail free for May Med cruises. Just last week I think I saw the kids sail free for a couple of Alaska cruises. It all depends on how their bookings are going. If you are interested in a certain cruise I would suggest you price it while signed in to the ressie system and possibly save a couple of dates. Good luck getting a PIN.

There is no regularity with it. You just have to be watching very closely all the time. When they offered kids sail free to the Mexican Riviera last year, we hurried and booked our spring break cruise. The kids sail free offer was sold out of that cruise within days! The other dates didn't sell out as quickly, but you still have to act pretty quickly if you want a good deal. You might also look into sailing with other companies. You can usually sail for far less with another line that you can with DCL. We had the kids sail free for a 7 night cruise a couple of weeks ago and spent $2000 for our cabin with 4 people. I booked a cruise with Carnival later this year and spent $1100 for the same category of cabin for the same # of nights without a discount. That's still almost 1/2 the price of a DCL cruise even with the kids sail free discount. I still haven't gone on the Carnival cruise so I can't tell you if spending double (or quadruple without the discount) is worth it yet. I'm hoping it turns out well. :)

If you went from Carnival to a Disney cruise, you would think it was totally worth ir. If you go the other way, which is how you are planning to, you may be in for a surprise. :scared::sad::sad::sad:

If you went from Carnival to a Disney cruise, you would think it was totally worth ir. If you go the other way, which is how you are planning to, you may be in for a surprise. :scared::sad::sad::sad:
I agree...

we sailed Carnival without kids...LOVED IT

We sailed Disney without kids...LOVED IT

We sailed Disney with kids....LOVED IT

We sailed Carnival with kids....not so much...

It was fine but their kids club doesn't even come close to Disney's. The hours are limited and the kids didn't really love it. You have to pay for anything after 10 pm and they close for several hours during the day. On Disney it is open from 9 am until 1 in the morning for no extra charge and the kids would be upset when I went to get them!

How does KSF work for a family of 5? I've been looking into booking a Disney cruise but we'd have to get a cat 4 room(I think) to fit all of us.

Thank you for all the info. I guess I will just have to keep checking. We have never cruised before, and I really, really want to. But, $6,000 is way out of our price range for 7 days of vacation. Here's to hoping for a PIN for me!:cool1:

Thanks for posting this question, I've been thinking of doing one for 2013. When they do offer kids sail free, is it for immediate cruises only? It's probably not worth me watching for the discounts until 2012, right?

subbing. can you book on cruise for future date and then switch to a kids sail free booking if you get a pin. like if we wanted to book another cruise when we go on our first cruise on 2012. but wanted to book a cruise for 2014 with the kids. could we book it for all of us on our cruise in 2012. and then if we got a pin for kids sail free after we book on ship. switch to a kids sale free date?

if that wasnt confusing lol.

subbing. can you book on cruise for future date and then switch to a kids sail free booking if you get a pin. like if we wanted to book another cruise when we go on our first cruise on 2012. but wanted to book a cruise for 2014 with the kids. could we book it for all of us on our cruise in 2012. and then if we got a pin for kids sail free after we book on ship. switch to a kids sale free date?

if that wasnt confusing lol.

You don't really get a PIN for KSF on DCL. If they're running soft on bookings, they'll open up the KSF. But, yep, you can totally book a dummy date on your cruise in 2012, and move it to whenever you like, any time before you're PIF date. Lots of people will book on board for the credit and discount, and then just keep pushing that date out further and further until they get the deal and itinerary they're looking for.

Also just bear in mind that most times the KSF options are for the off-seasons, as the summer sailings are usually booked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter