When do they heat the pools?

I don't know when they heat them but I was at Pop Century August 19 - 29 and the pool water was HOT. One night we went in the Hippy Dippy pool after 10pm and the water was so hot I had to get out. It wasn't refreshing at all. The same was true of the Bowling Pin pool.

The pools are heated year round whenever needed to maintain the minimum temperature (sorry can't remember the number, I've seen it posted here before). They may even run on a thermostat, I'm not sure. In any case, it is unlikely that pools at WDW need to be heated in September, as September is very close to August in temps.

Having had a pool in Florida that didn't have a heater, it's not unusual for the water to be in the upper 90's or even 100 degrees in the summer - because of the heat of the sun. So I wouldn't think Disney would be heating their pools yet.

I thought I read where the pools were heated to 85 degrees, which seems cold to me, but if the outside temps are in the 60's maybe 85 feels warm. We would never get in our home pool once it dropped below maybe 88 degrees (like I said, we didn't have a heater).

We were there last September, and it was between 90 and 95 each day. I loved the weather. The pool at POFQ was not hot or cold, the temperature seemed just right.

I don't know when they heat them but I was at Pop Century August 19 - 29 and the pool water was HOT. One night we went in the Hippy Dippy pool after 10pm and the water was so hot I had to get out. It wasn't refreshing at all. The same was true of the Bowling Pin pool.

We found the same thing.. during the day when the air was the same temp the pool was fine but once the air temp was cooler than the water it was just no pleasant!

AKL jambo house pool was really cold to me today. And there were too many bees all over but that's another story.

AKL jambo house pool was really cold to me today. And there were too many bees all over but that's another story.

I just read another thread from someone complaining about the bees at the Jambo House pool today too! Not good, I really hope they are gone before we arrive in a couple weeks!

I just read another thread from someone complaining about the bees at the Jambo House pool today too! Not good, I really hope they are gone before we arrive in a couple weeks!

LOL - same person.

I like it when the pools are heated well. It makes it so wonderful at night! A couple years ago they couldn't get it right at CSR - I think that's one reason some in my family don't want to go back there. Even the hot tub was only tepid. I've been there before though when it was great - I think they were having problems. Last year at POR, everything was great!

We would never get in our home pool once it dropped below maybe 88 degrees (like I said, we didn't have a heater).

LOL, up here our pool is lucky to even get above 80 degrees (no heater, shady yard, Canada:laughing:) so we are hoping we might be able to sneak in swimming even when we are there in December....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter