When do the ships decorate for christmas?

we are going on the cruise this sat, and hope they will be up, since it seems like we are getting conflicting info, from what i had heard they are up by the time the thanksgiving cruise heads out, so you would think they would have to be up now or be in the process next week....oh i want to see the decorations....

I just got off the phone with a CM at DCL who told me the Wonder will be decorated on November 14. Can't wait!!!!

Jan

YAY! I'm glad there's some sort of confirmation the ship will be decorated for the 18th!! From what I've read I assumed the ship would be mostly decorated (not sure about the gingerbread house, but I'm hoping!) and that Castaway Cay would be in the process of being decorated.

YAY! I'm glad there's some sort of confirmation the ship will be decorated for the 18th!! From what I've read I assumed the ship would be mostly decorated (not sure about the gingerbread house, but I'm hoping!) and that Castaway Cay would be in the process of being decorated.

Join the DIS meet thread for this cruise. Can't wait to board the Wonder on 11/18.

Jan

Decorations are being loaded on the Wonder this morning. ;)

Yay! That's our cruise! I am soooooooooo excited!

Yeah! We are on that one too and absolutely love all the DCL Christmas Decorations :)

mom2OandE and grlzmom, I'm even more excited for our cruise now since it will decorated for Christmas. I actually put my tree up today (not decorated yet) I have another cruise (not DCL) on the 21st so I wanted to get an early start on my decorating. The Wonder will definitely put me in the holiday spirit!!

Got home about an hour ago from the 11/11 Wonder Cruise.
My estimate was that 80% or more of the decorations were up when we boarded last Thursday. They did not start boarding until just gone 12 noon. The tree is up in the atrium. Castaway had no decorations up yet. I noticed this morning that they were still loading crates and boxes of decorations on so maybe that is for Castaway.

They usually don't have Castaway Cay decorated until Thanksgiving.

Got home about an hour ago from the 11/11 Wonder Cruise.
My estimate was that 80% or more of the decorations were up when we boarded last Thursday. They did not start boarding until just gone 12 noon. The tree is up in the atrium. Castaway had no decorations up yet. I noticed this morning that they were still loading crates and boxes of decorations on so maybe that is for Castaway.

We were on the 11/7 on the Wonder and they were loading on decorations as we were disembarking. I even got a couple of pictures!

Did you happen to see the Travel Channel crew on your cruise? We passed them on our way to the parking lot. There were probably 10 people with 3 cameras and stuff. Pretty tight lipped about what they were there to film.

We were on the 11/7 on the Wonder and they were loading on decorations as we were disembarking. I even got a couple of pictures!

Did you happen to see the Travel Channel crew on your cruise? We passed them on our way to the parking lot. There were probably 10 people with 3 cameras and stuff. Pretty tight lipped about what they were there to film.

I read your post before we left to drive to the port so was really surprised to see them actually up as we walked on board.
Never saw the Travel Channel Crew at all. Mind you we really kicked back and did a lot of snoozing this cruise.
I took a lot of photographs of the workers tearing the Flying Dutchman apart. I believe they were making it ready to be towed somwhere for the Pirates 4 movie. Hope it comes back as for me Castaway is not so magical without it there . Mind you it was almost like a demolition job rather than careful dismantling. (Chain Saws and smashing the parts off with a mechanical shovel):eek:

Just got off the ship today. We saw the Travel Channel crew. They were hanging out at the adult pool. They were filming on deck 10 at one point just walking around with signs that said, "You will be on camera if you are in this area."

What?! The Flying Dutchman isn't at Castaway Cay anymore?! I'm gutted - I was so looking forward to seeing that :sad2::sad:

This is the first I've heard of it, too :guilty: :mad: I was really excited to see it. Ah well, it will be a nice day anyway. I hope they left Capt'n Jack. Believe it or not CC is at the bottom of my list for the 6 islands we are visiting. I've done the deserted island thing, except without 2350 other folks.

We went the week before Thanksgiving last year and most of the ship decorations were up. They just started the gingerbread house though. And there were only a few things up on Castaway. You can click on my trip report in my signature to see how it looks. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter