When do the resorts start decorating for Christmas?

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Hi, when do the deluxe resorts start decorating for Christmas?
I am planning next year and noticed that a week we are considering is Oct 30-Nov 6th.

Hi, when do the deluxe resorts start decorating for Christmas?
I am planning next year and noticed that a week we are considering is Oct 30-Nov 6th.

They most likely won't have the resorts decorated that early. They will decorate MK for the first Christmas party, then gradually decorate the rest of the place. I know that the BC lobby is decorated now but the WL hasn't been done yet.

They most likely won't have the resorts decorated that early. They will decorate MK for the first Christmas party, then gradually decorate the rest of the place. I know that the BC lobby is decorated now but the WL hasn't been done yet.

i saw you are going to the WL soon, do you know if there is concept art for the renovations? i'm hoping to chose that resort for a first time stay once it is complete

They start decorating @ the 1st week of November so it would be hit or miss on what decorations would be up at that time. We have gone during "Jersey Week" several times (end of the 1st week of Nov) and the decorations at our hotel were either up or in the process of being done. One year my wife stayed up all night to watch the installation of the tree in WL, it was pretty cool.

Just want to add that the order in which they decorate the resorts is random and varies year by year, so trying to predict when a particular deluxe resort will be decorated next year is probably not doable.

My DD is a CM at AOA - that resort is slowly decorating... the big push to finalize will be this week of Thanksgiving. She said it's been fun seeing it slowly transition every day. The gift shop just got ornaments in the other day.

Our experience at POFQ has been usually towards the end of the week before Thanksgiving the decorations come up overnight. When you are going I doubt too many resorts will have Christmas stuff up.The MK will be starting and maybe DHS but Epcot won't start till closer to or after the end of Food and Wine.
We have had trips where the Gingerbread house in GF was open by the end of our trip and others when it didn't open till after we left

Normally most resorts will have the decorations up right around the week of Thanksgiving. We stayed at Kidani Village on the 18-21st of November and no decorations, but when we checked into Poly on the 21st all their decorations were up. We then transitioned over to BCV and their decorations along with Yacht Club and Boardwalk were up. I heard that WL also had their decorations finished just before Thanksgiving and I believe GF had their decor done around same time. All four parks had their decorations up prior to Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter