When do the resorts and parks get fully decorated for Christmas?

RTownsend

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide between going at the end of October or the first week of December, but may push the December choice out a week if the decorations are up...does anyone know when they have had everything decorated in past years. Also, is it true the the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas have historically had the lowest attendance in the parks/resorts? Thanks!

The parks are decorated right after Thanksgiving, including the hotels. The attendance rate is usually low between the monday after thanksgiving to right before Christmas, since a lot of people go for the holidays when school isn't in session. We're going from 11/30-12/5. I can't wait to see everything decorated.

The decorations will be up by the beginning of December, usually they are finished by Thanksgiving.

As to the crowds, the first week used to be the lowest attendance but do not think that is the case anymore as more and more have come to see the decorations. The first of December is a very popular time for DVC members to come with most all DVC resorts sold out for months.

They were working on the decorations at the beginning of November on the Boardwalk. We took a pic of the kids in front of a giant Christmas tree on the BW next to the Flying Fish.

This year will be very busy the week after thanksgiving. My ds is going to a conference with about 6,000 but they wont be in the parks during the day, poor things have to keep learning all day while we have fun!! Mousefest is at the end of the week as well as the MK christmas parade taping with regis and kelly and arent the pop warners coming? It should be fun and busy. I am preparing well. It will be our lst time this time frame and we are looking forward to Mickey's Christmas Party and the Candelight Processional. Good luck deciding. I also want to tour all the resorts on the monoral and the wl to see the decorations. We are staying at the swan so will look around there too.

We were at PO Riverside and Grand Floridian the week before Thanksgiving last year and the resorts were beautifully decorated with giant trees and garland swags at that time. Grand Floridian also had up a huge gingerbread house that was a temporary sweet shop selling beautiful gingerbread and chocolate treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter