• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do the pre-adventure boxes arrive - or have they stopped that?

Just received our 2 boxes (2 reservations). The gifts are just ok. The kids enjoyed getting their own backpacks previous year. This time it looks like they are sending the same set per reservation regardless of party size. There really isn't anything they can use. The small case that seems like an ipad bag is useless because most everyone already has a protective case. While the tote is the better of the gift, it would have been nice if there was a top closure.
Oh, that's kind of sad, that it's a "family" gift, and not something for each person.

Sayhello

Oh, that's kind of sad, that it's a "family" gift, and not something for each person.

Sayhello

BTW, if you are signed up with UPS, you will receive a notification that you are getting a package from Orlando…Moran Express, Wallace CO. Then you know it is your box!

Also, the tablet cases are one per reservation, so I do not think it is one per junior adventurer, unless they forgot to give us more. The price of the trips keep going up…was hoping that the gifts got better :)

I would rather ABD drop the overall price of the trip rather than supplying "gifts". We have so many backpacks now we could never use them in our lifetime. We have traveled with other companies and even though they supplied gifts for our daughter the overall cost per trip is still less. ABD may be creeping towards a critical price point where ABD will attract fewer travelers. DCL IMO has reached that price point in our family.:sad2:

I would rather ABD drop the overall price of the trip rather than supplying "gifts". We have so many backpacks now we could never use them in our lifetime. We have traveled with other companies and even though they supplied gifts for our daughter the overall cost per trip is still less. ABD may be creeping towards a critical price point where ABD will attract fewer travelers. DCL IMO has reached that price point in our family.:sad2:
I agree with you about the price point for ABD's. However, I really don't think the cost of these gifts is significant enough to make a difference. It's mostly the thought that counts. They buy them in bulk; I can't imagine they actually cost ABD *that* much! (Maybe I'm wrong! :confused3)

Sayhello

I agree with you about the price point for ABD's. However, I really don't think the cost of these gifts is significant enough to make a difference. It's mostly the thought that counts. They buy them in bulk; I can't imagine they actually cost ABD *that* much! (Maybe I'm wrong! :confused3)

Sayhello

I agree 100%......after all they aren't Gucci.......:rotfl:

I agree they should rotate 3-4 high quality items rather than low quality items that no one will ever use. The backpacks they gave out in 2007 were great! I got a lot of use out of it with a lot of heavy books in it, the smaller green backpack was nice too but how many backpacks do you need.

I miss the Mickey head luggage tags. Those were great :)

I loved those Mickey head luggage tags and 2007 backpacks, too--the adult version with the leather on the bottom. Our kids junior adventurer backpacks from that year were pretty cheap and both broke not long after we returned. We still use both backpacks with the leather on the bottom though--they've held up great. This year's offerings don't look too exciting. Hope it improves for next year!

I agree 100%......after all they aren't Gucci.......:rotfl:
Now, Gucci gifts I could go for! :thumbsup2

I loved those Mickey head luggage tags and 2007 backpacks, too--the adult version with the leather on the bottom. Our kids junior adventurer backpacks from that year were pretty cheap and both broke not long after we returned. We still use both backpacks with the leather on the bottom though--they've held up great. This year's offerings don't look too exciting. Hope it improves for next year!
My first ABD was in 2008, and they gave us these really well made, totally useless messenger bags (at least they were useless for travel -- they were way too heavy to travel with). The backpacks from 2010 were pretty nice.

I still have all my Mickey head luggage tags, and I still use them. In fact, the guy who met us at the airport in Greece recognized me as being an ABDer because I had one on my "personal item". :)

Sayhello

I am going on the 6/15 Backstage Magic and my box arrived last week. Here's a picture of what was inside...

IMG_4529.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCL also now gives out a zippered canvas bag as well. Thanks for the photo. At least we now know what to expect.

Got our box today too!! That means our trip is coming soon!! Whoopey!!

Today marks 45 days from my Backstage Magic Trip!:wizard:
I'm very excited to get more details on the trip. Today I called ABD to ask a few questions and I thought, hey! why not ask about the gift box and itinerary! I had originally heard that it would be here around 45 days out. Today, she said it would be here 1 month before and not to expect it before the end of September! :mad: hmmmmm. Now I have to wait longer for my itinerary which to me is the most exciting part! Anyone else going on Fall trips that can tell me when they received theirs? I'll be here waiting "patiently" :surfweb: reading more disboards about Backstage Magic. :)

I'm very excited to get more details on the trip. Today I called ABD to ask a few questions and I thought, hey! why not ask about the gift box and itinerary! I had originally heard that it would be here around 45 days out. Today, she said it would be here 1 month before and not to expect it before the end of September! :mad: hmmmmm. Now I have to wait longer for my itinerary which to me is the most exciting part! Anyone else going on Fall trips that can tell me when they received theirs? I'll be here waiting "patiently" :surfweb: reading more disboards about Backstage Magic. :)

ABD stopped shipping the boxes 45 days in advance several years ago. Last year and this year our box arrived exactly 30 days before the start of the tour.

My trip starts Saturday and I received my box August 20th

Tomorrow will make it 1 month. Our adventure starts on 10/11/14, but we have a pre day 10/10/14. Excited to see if we get our box tomorrow. :)

I am leaving on the adults only Greek Odyssey in 14 days and still have not received my package! I have called ABD 3 times and e-mailed them. They blame the third-party vendor who actually sends out the packages. They have assured me that I will have it before I leave and will overnight mail it to me. I will believe it when I actually get it. This is my 3rd ABD trip in the past 4 years and the first time I have had this problem. Hopefully this is an aberration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter