When do the Christmas Decorations go up at WDW?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by KCmike, Jun 25, 2009.

1. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

I'm thinking of surprising my wife this year for a quick trip to WDW to see the Christmas lights, decorations, Epcot's candlelight vigil, and the Osbourne lights. I have seen pictures and video of all of these but I have never been there during that time. Our anniversary is in early November but I'm sure it doesn't start until after Thanksgiving right? Please help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jayandstacey

jayandstacey DIS Veteran

No, by Thanksgiving they are mostly up. You'd see progressively more decorations through Nov.

4. suz_cute

suz_cute DIS Veteran

Most of X-mas Decor is up by thanksgiving, but I do believe that the Christmas tree lighting and Osbourne lights are not until later dates. I'm sure someone else on here can confirm the exact dates for you!

5. penguintux

penguintux Mouseketeer

I've always heard that after the last MNSSHP, they take down all the Halloween decorations and as soon as those are down, they begin decorating for Christmas.

But that's just what I've heard. I don't know any specific dates or anything.

6. Hugpug

Hugpug NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

The decorations are up for Thanksgiving but some items do not start until the 1st of December. For sure the Story telling by the Santa's in Epcot. Also the first Candlelight won't be until after thanksgiving I believe. I would get a ticket for MVMCP and go other then a Friday or Saturday night. I really love this time of year even though the weather can be unpredicable. Last time I have gone back in 2006 was the Friday after Thanksgiving and it was awsome. Did a split stay to avoid paying higher rates during value season. I wish I could go again this year but being layed off has put a plug on that option as of now still hoping for a little pixie dust here to make it happen.

7. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Lots of info below-

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/archives/3844

8. BradyBz12

BradyBz12 1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

MK will be all decked out in time for the first MVMCP on 11/10. The only exception MAY be the big tree - which last year didn't go up until 12/8 (after the Christmas parade taping).

Decorations at other resorts/parks go up at varying rates through Nov, with everything being ready to go for the big holiday kickoff the day after Thanksgiving (see Robo's post above for specifics). :santa:

9. Sabi

Sabi Mouseketeer

Beginning Nov. 27,Walt Disney World Resort Nov. 10 by beholding twinkling lights of one of Disney’s newest holiday traditions – Castle Dreamlights! – in Magic Kingdom:cheer2:

10. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Thanks for the great information.