• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do Thanksgiving Dis-ers check out?

Mal46

Earning My Ears
To all of you traveling to Disney World over this Thanksgiving holiday and to those who have visited over Thanksgiving in the past, WHICH DAY DO YOU GUYS CHECK OUT AND HEAD HOME? Do you leave on Saturday or do you leave on Sunday? Or do you extend your visit and check out the following week?

Thank you in advance for all of your answers!

We usually come in the Friday before and leave the Sunday after. Last year we did a few nights on Universal property so were there Wednesday and Thursday before our time at Disney. Usually on Black Friday or the Saturday after we spend a day at Sea World.

We usually come in the Friday before and leave the Sunday after. Last year we did a few nights on Universal property so were there Wednesday and Thursday before our time at Disney. Usually on Black Friday or the Saturday after we spend a day at Sea World.
Thank you! And I love the idea of adding other parks into the mix!

8 nights, Saturday through Sunday.
Based on the availability calendar it seems like a decent amount of visitors leave on Saturday. Up until today it was the only day that week that was consistently showing all four parks available (no longer the case today, with MK being "sold out").

8 nights, Saturday through Sunday.
Based on the availability calendar it seems like a decent amount of visitors leave on Saturday. Up until today it was the only day that week that was consistently showing all four parks available (no longer the case today, with MK being "sold out").
Thank you! Hopefully you were able to get all the park reservations you wanted!

have done many Thanksgiving weeks in Orlando, WDW and/or Universal, and we typically start driving back on Saturday.

It depends - last year was a short trip and we arrived on Wednesday and left on Sunday.

The year is a big trip with family (11 of us total) and we arrive on Friday and leave on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I have done two trips landing on Black Friday and the crowd drop on Monday after Thanksgiving is quite noticeable! And don’t go to Disney Springs for dinner on Black Friday 😂 Obviously anything pre-Covid goes out the window to some extent though.

We will be going this Thanksgiving again, but do to our DD being in our areas Nutcracker ballet, which is Friday-Sunday, we cannot leave until Monday morning and we checkout to drive home on Sunday. Before Ballet, our trips were Friday thru Sunday, 9 nights:)

That would be so nice! I was hoping to do the same but... no nonstop flights on Friday nights from our airport. And I HATE connecting! Saturday morning 8:00am is a decent consolation prize. 😂
Then you would not like living where we live, panhandle FL 65 miles west of Panama City. Because, unless your destination is one of the 8 Southwest Hubs (we normally only fly Southwest), then you are always having a connecting flight. Heck, a flight from here to Orlando has to go through Atlanta. YES we have to fly northeast so we can then fly south.:rotfl2:

Last edited:
It depends - last year was a short trip and we arrived on Wednesday and left on Sunday.

The year is a big trip with family (11 of us total) and we arrive on Friday and leave on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Thank you! Hope you and your big group have a blast!!!

We will be going this Thanksgiving again, but do to our DD being in our areas Nutcracker ballet, which is Friday-Sunday, we cannot leave until Monday morning and we checkout to drive home on Sunday. Before Ballet, our trips were Friday thru Sunday, 9 nights:)
Thank you so much! Enjoy your trip...And enjoy The Nutcracker!!!

I have done two trips landing on Black Friday and the crowd drop on Monday after Thanksgiving is quite noticeable! And don’t go to Disney Springs for dinner on Black Friday 😂 Obviously anything pre-Covid goes out the window to some extent though.
Thanks for the info!!!

Then you would not like living where we live, panhandle FL 65 miles west of Panama City. Because, unless your destination is one of the 8 Southwest Hubs (we normally only fly Southwest), then you are always having a connecting flight. Heck, a flight from here to Orlando has to go through Atlanta. YES we have to fly northeast so we can then fly south.city:rotfl2:
You are close to my neck of the woods - we are about 50 miles west of Panama City( Destin area). It takes as long to fly(if not longer) to Orlando then it does to drive. We always drive down - leaving tomorrow!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter