• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do resorts put up their Christmas decorations???

yensidisney

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am hoping on going to Disney World November 11-15. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party IS already happening by then. Will the resorts have them up? (Especially Wilderness Lodge OR Coronado Springs for that matter). Will the rest of Disney World have all the decorations up? Thanks a lot :))

We were there November 14th - 19th last year (2014). Most of the parks had most of the decorations, but they were adding a lot to Epcot on our last day. Wilderness Lodge did NOT have the decorations up when we had lunch there on 11/18. POFQ, where we stayed, had many decorations up, but were adding poinsettias as we were leaving on the 19th. The gingerbread houses at GF and Contemporary were up. I don't know what the official date for Christmas decorations is (if there is one), but I'd venture a guess that you might be a little early with your dates. That was just our experience so ymmv.

I believe that they put up Christmas decorations at the resorts on a schedule that varies year to year. I don't know what that schedule will be for this year. You may see some decorations at a few resorts, but, as PP said, you are a tad early.

I go almost every year during this time cause to my birthday, and yes. Lots of resorts set up for Christmas during this time. Even the parks do. Here is proof. I may have been a little excited this one time to see Christmas this was at pop. I then transferred to animal kingdom lodge and they had their tree up as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 14

We were there November 14th - 19th last year (2014). Most of the parks had most of the decorations, but they were adding a lot to Epcot on our last day. Wilderness Lodge did NOT have the decorations up when we had lunch there on 11/18. POFQ, where we stayed, had many decorations up, but were adding poinsettias as we were leaving on the 19th. The gingerbread houses at GF and Contemporary were up. I don't know what the official date for Christmas decorations is (if there is one), but I'd venture a guess that you might be a little early with your dates. That was just our experience so ymmv.
I was at POFQ the same week last year and I cannot remember seeing christmas decorations! We left on the 18th. I could have missed them or just not remember lol!

Hi! I am hoping on going to Disney World November 11-15. Will the resorts have them up? (Especially Wilderness Lodge OR Coronado Springs for that matter). Will the rest of Disney World have all the decorations up? Thanks a lot :))

last year the resorts didn't decorate (i.e. put up the big trees) until the sunday or monday before thanksgiving. the GF gingerbread house and a few decorations should be up and the parks will be mostly decorated. by going before thanksgiving, you also miss the candlelight processionals and epcot storytellers.

I was at POFQ the same week last year and I cannot remember seeing christmas decorations! We left on the 18th. I could have missed them or just not remember lol!
That's funny. They were definitely adding a lot while we were leaving pofq, but there were some decs around the resort.

How crowded was POFQ that week last year? I'm considering staying there this year....

I was down at POR last November, 12 - 18th, and neither they, nor any of the other resorts were decorated yet, in fact the Autumn decorations were still up (pumpkins, corn stalks, etc.) at POR. I was really disappointed. Some of the decorations were up at the parks, MK was all decorated because of the Christmas parties, and the tree was up at EPCOT, but the rest were in various stages of being decorated. If I go again that time of year, it will be the first week of December.

How crowded was POFQ that week last year? I'm considering staying there this year....
I have to say, we checked in on Nov 12th and couldn't get any of our requests except for an adjoining room. They told us that the resort was booked at 100% capacity, but you would have never known it. It was very quiet. We wanted a room in a closer building since my sister was 6 months pregnant and her DH has MS. They had nothing but building 1 which was fine and only a few minutes to walk to the main building. It did not feel crowded at the resort for it being booked up.

I have to say, we checked in on Nov 12th and couldn't get any of our requests except for an adjoining room. They told us that the resort was booked at 100% capacity, but you would have never known it. It was very quiet. We wanted a room in a closer building since my sister was 6 months pregnant and her DH has MS. They had nothing but building 1 which was fine and only a few minutes to walk to the main building. It did not feel crowded at the resort for it being booked up.
Thank you! That's what I typically love about the moderates - even at capacity they don't feel crowded, I didn't know if that was the same at POFQ since it's the most compact of the bunch.

Hi! I am hoping on going to Disney World November 11-15. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party IS already happening by then. Will the resorts have them up? (Especially Wilderness Lodge OR Coronado Springs for that matter). Will the rest of Disney World have all the decorations up? Thanks a lot :))

We were there November 14th - 19th last year (2014). Most of the parks had most of the decorations, but they were adding a lot to Epcot on our last day. Wilderness Lodge did NOT have the decorations up ...

Hard to say. We were at WL the previous year (2013) in about the same time period as Sandi. The tree wasn't up in the lodge, but when we woke up on departure day it was there, completely decorated overnight. I also recall that the Epcot tree was up, but MK was not. It's probably going to be hit and miss from resort to resort. The good news is Osborne Lights should be on by then.

That is one thing I am going to be sad about missing.. I'll be staying at WL for the first time and would have loved to be there for the xmas decorations, but I'm not counting on it since I'll be there Nov 5-14th. Last year they were put up later and the year before that the tree was up on the 19th.

We stayed at AKL Nov 16-23 2013. About mid week we woke up to most of the decorations, then the rest the next morning. The last day we toured the monorail resprts and the gingerbread house was up.

I had requested ground floor room in Building 5 and we got a ground floor room in Building 1. I was also told they were at 100% capacity because I had called a week or so before our arrival to see if I could get another room there and could not. The resort did not feel crowded at all. POFQ is my favorite moderate. I was there with my mom and my 20 year old DD.

The Osborne Lights and lighted Cinderella Castle were the things we really wanted to see. I booked a BB for this coming November, but we'll go to BWI.

Last edited:
We stayed at AKL Nov 16-23 2013. About mid week we woke up to most of the decorations, then the rest the next morning. The last day we toured the monorail resprts and the gingerbread house was up.

That's one thing I really missed -- I saw the Gingerbread house at the GF for the first time in 2013, and would love to see the ones at the other resorts where they do them.

That's one thing I really missed -- I saw the Gingerbread house at the GF for the first time in 2013, and would love to see the ones at the other resorts where they do them.

As far as I know, the only large gingerbread house is at the GF.

While the GF has the largest gingerbread house, there were gingerbread displays at the Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Contemporary and in the Liberty Inn in the American Pavilion in Epcot.

We usually are there by the end of the week the week before Thanksgiving and they are either already up or we go to sleep one night and the next morning they magically appear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter