• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do our Magic Bands start?

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
So we have been to Disney a ton..but haven't done an on property stay since they started that Magic Band system.
We are checking in on a Sunday for 7 night. Have 8 Day tickets.
My question is when can we start using the bands and get in the parks?
Do we have to check in at the hotel first?
Can we go to the park at open that Sunday, then leave and check in?

Thanks

Magic bands are just a key to your MDE profile. They're active immediately.

If your tickets are part of a package, they are valid on check-in day. You can get them activated up to 10 days in advance by visiting guest services.

If you purchased your tickets separately, they're valid immediately.

Do the online check-in and you should not have to go to the desk at your hotel at all. (Assuming everything works.)

Do the online check-in and you should not have to go to the desk at your hotel at all. (Assuming everything works.)

That depends on whether or not you get a room ready text. Some do, some do not. We didn’t on our last trip because our room wasn’t ready prior to our arrival.

That depends on whether or not you get a room ready text. Some do, some do not. We didn’t on our last trip because our room wasn’t ready prior to our arrival.

Did you arrive at the resort before the official (3:00PM, in most cases) check-in time?

I thought the magic bands or tickets with the "fob" technology also open your resort room door.

So if your resort room is not ready with a ticket not bought with a package (purchased separately) and you go to a park for the day to enjoy WDW.....

Then how does the ticket now open your resort room door?

1. I thought the magic bands or tickets with the "fob" technology also open your resort room door.

So if your resort room is not ready with a ticket not bought with a package (purchased separately)
2. - then how does the ticket now open your resort room door?

1. They do. ("RFID" is the pertinent technology.)
2. The MagicBands (and/or RFID cards) don't "contain" any of your info.
All of the ticket info, FP+ info and resort info is stored in your MDX account.
The MB (and/or RFID cards) can then "access" any and all of that info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter