When do IGT,OGT’s typically get offered?

Keira1387

Married at Disney August 2, 2008
Platinum castaway club member here who has been out of the loop since covid. We are looking at possibly taking a cruise this fall. When should we be looking to expect IGT (etc) to be released! TIA!

Is there a certain area to find these or be alerted when they become available?

They can be offered earlier than the PIF date also. We sailed in Feb. Our PIF date was Dec 27th but when I looked at our cruise on Dec 22nd the GTY offers were available so I was able to cancel our first reservation and rebook VGT moving from an inside stateroom to verandah yet still saving $300!

They have been showing up much earlier this year. 5 or 6 months out for some summer cruises!

They can be offered earlier than the PIF date also. We sailed in Feb. Our PIF date was Dec 27th but when I looked at our cruise on Dec 22nd the GTY offers were available so I was able to cancel our first reservation and rebook VGT moving from an inside stateroom to verandah yet still saving $300!

Yes, I've had that experience, too. I've seen them well before PIF, not only a few days before.
True. While, generally, after the PIF date is common, the "last minute" *GT rates are offered when sales haven't reached the numbers DCL wants booked by certain dates.

I’ve seen them offered before PIF too, I booked three of my cruises last year well before PIF with *GT rates. The European cruises this year were *GT long before PIF also.

Depends- the cruise I booked this summer went GT right before/at PIF and came off it before Silver check in (we sail end of July)

No idea if it’ll go back GT 🤷🏻‍♀️

Depends- the cruise I booked this summer went GT right before/at PIF and came off it before Silver check in (we sail end of July)

No idea if it’ll go back GT 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ours had fun taking certain categories away then adding them back on. Sailing in less than two weeks and IGT and OGT are back, despite oceanview being not available at all for about 4 weeks after PIF.

If you are looking at a specific itinerary vs a good deal, I would suggest checking out the Costco website. If the 'normal' prices appear to drop, there is most likely vgt/ogt/igt availabilty that might not appear on the special offers tab of the DCL website. We noticed this about 1.5 weeks before PIF, switched from an interior room to a vgt and saved $400.

If you are looking at a specific itinerary vs a good deal, I would suggest checking out the Costco website. If the 'normal' prices appear to drop, there is most likely vgt/ogt/igt availabilty that might not appear on the special offers tab of the DCL website. We noticed this about 1.5 weeks before PIF, switched from an interior room to a vgt and saved $400.
Great tip! Thank you!

Costco really does have some great deals sometimes, but it means losing the control of dealing with DCL yourself. That's what used to keep me from doing it and continuing to book through DCL. The pricing lately with DCL, though, is driving me to look for options. Thanks to OP for starting this thread that has given me a nudge towards for saving some more money and being able to stick with DCL.

When they assign the VGT etc. rooms do they consider:

Your status
Or
How you booked

When doling out the nicer rooms?

When they assign the VGT etc. rooms do they consider:

Your status
Or
How you booked

When doling out the nicer rooms?
Not in my experience. We are platinum and frequently sail in concierge and I don’t feel we’ve been given better rooms when booking VGT/OGT/IGT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter