• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

When do I start looking?

cascadecupcake

Disney Lovin' Michigander
Hi, everyone! I'm hoping you can tell me when I should start looking for my DVC resale.

I want 150 points at OKW.

I will not be able to go to WDW until next fall (2004)

I want June or August use year because we always vacation in the fall.

What should my strategy be? Should I look this summer for a stripped OKW? It seems like those are about the only ones getting through now. I would like to hold off paying the 10K+ as long as possible, but the recent posts about resales not going through has me worried that if I wait too long I'll end up paying so much more. I'd really like to pay $68ish per point.

ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Based upon my recent resale experiences, here is some information.

You should probably start looking now to get an idea of what is available. Only you can decide when you are really ready to buy, but the prices seem likely to only go up from here.

You can find helpful web links at http://www.mountainmarket.com/
Scroll down the screen to see links to four resale brokers, as well as other helpful DVC sites. I currently see a 150 point OKW August use year listed by Shontell on http://www.dvcbyresale.com

If you do not see any listed that you really want, then let the resale brokers know what you do want and ask them to contact you when they right one comes along.

As far as price goes, you will have to take your chances with Disney's ROFR, but if you want OKW then you will have to buy a resale.

I hope this helps you out some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter