• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do fastpasses run out?

wonderfuller

Mouseketeer
Can anyone who has been to the parks recently (or even not so recently) please enlighten me on what time they think fastpasses will run out for the day? I will be going on August 10th and 11th (Thursday and Friday). I'm especially interested in:

Splash mountain
Space Mountain
GRR
Screamin'
ToT
Soarin'

Also, what is generally the latest return time for fastpass? is it always just the hour before the park closes?

Thanks! :)

I can take a crack at your question based on my research (we're going to be there at the same time).

Crowds are likely to be bad on Thursday and worse on Friday.

Space runs out first and fairly early - sounds like around 1 pm from what I've been reading.

Splash runs out next, but maybe not until a bit later in the afternoon

Soarin' is said to run out by late afternoon

GRR is disconnected (you can get one there even if your window for getting your next fastpass hasn't opened up yet) and I haven't seen anyone say that it tends to run out.

Same for ToT, unlikely to run out early.

Calif. Screamin' is going to be operating on a limited basis due to construction, so the ride (and from what I can tell the fastpass line) isn't opening until 1 pm. I don't know if this'll mean that it runs out of FPs soon thereafter, but you might want to try to get an FP there pretty soon after they open up at 1 pm.

Good luck!

I just want to clarify that this isn't based on personal experience, just on what I've been able to glean from reading discussion boards and the like.

My experience in general and most recently in late June is that Space Mtn, Indy and Splash FPs are all available until 3-5PM. But note that if you get a FP late (after 3PM) the return window is likely to be late (after 10PM). The reason you want to get FPs for these "big three" in the morning is that the window opens early and thus you can use them just about anytime that day.

Soarin runs out first at DCA and note that DCA closes much earlier than DL. You should be able to get them until at least 2-3PM.

GRR will be available until at least 3-4PM, and ToT until after 6-7PM.

Screamin is weird this summer because it opens at 1PM weekdays. You should still be able to get FPs until 6PM though.

In general, try to get FPs as early in the day as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter