• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do DVC points roll over?

tinasquirrel

Earning My Ears
My MIL's DVC points roll over in February, but she wasn't sure when. Whether it's on their anniversary date (which she needs to look up) or the end of the month. We are going in Feb and she is going to give us any leftover points she has depending on the rollover date and the dates of our trip. Their home is Saratoga Springs, if that matters.

Is there a generic answer to this question, or is it different for different people? She is going to look it up for me, but I'm just a little anxious to know the answer. :wave2:

DVC points don't "roll over." They are either used, or banked in their entirety or partially.

The next year's points are allocated on the Use Year Date that was determined at the time of purchase from DVC. It will differ throughout the membership.

tinasquirrel said:
My MIL's DVC points roll over in February, but she wasn't sure when. Whether it's on their anniversary date (which she needs to look up) or the end of the month. We are going in Feb and she is going to give us any leftover points she has depending on the rollover date and the dates of our trip. Their home is Saratoga Springs, if that matters.

Is there a generic answer to this question, or is it different for different people? She is going to look it up for me, but I'm just a little anxious to know the answer. :wave2:
You better get with her to make sure she's banked the points she needs to.

If she has a February use year, her use year will always start on February 1. All use years start on the 1st of the month, no matter what date you bought in. Keep in mind that all points use is based on the date of stay, not when you make the reservation.

Okay, sorry I used the wrong terminology. But I think I understand now. So, it's the first of the month. I think the points she is referring to are ones she banked last year. So, if she doesn't use them by Feb 1st, then they are lost. Obviously she still has the points from this year that she'll have to use or bank, I guess. Hmm...I think I understand LOL. I'll just have to get with her. But I think the fact that it's the first of the month and we aren't going to go until later in the month, means that we can't use the ones that she has banked from the prior year. Thanks for the info!

It sounds as if she needs to call member services and find out where she stands with her points. The ones from this year have to be used by the end of Jan 2007 or be banked - there are banking deadlines that she may have already missed if she wants to bank all of them. She may still be able to bank 25-50% of her total points for the year and should check into this. If that is all she can bank maybe she would use the others for your trip in February. If you can't use the points that were banked into this year she might want to consider offering them for rent on the rent/trade board and maybe use the money towards your trip or her maintenance fees. Good luck and hope you have a great trip when you do go.

She can also go to the DVC website and check for herself how many points she has left in each use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter