• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do cruises usually fill up?

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
I was just on the DISNEY CRUISE SITE and was playing around to see how many rooms are left for our cruise. I was sort of surprised to see that there were a lot still available! Our cruise is in August. Is this normal? Do they usually start selling now, last minute? I noticed also that the price has gone up about $1100 sinced we booked.

Some cruises sell out months in advance while others have availability closer to the sail date. Almost all sell out (out of 5 cruises, only one of mine didn't sell out). August is a transition month: the south goes back to school in early August while the north waits until later in the month. As a result, it may take longer to fill up.
:sunny:

The FASTEST that I've seen a sailing sell out was the August Repo cruise - started taking ressies on Wed. and by Sat night / Sun. morning all booked!! Then there was some sporadic availability the following week as people decided that "Wow thats a lot of Money!! ::yes:: "

The fastest I have seen a DCL cruise fill up was the 2003 DVC Member Cruise. They started selling staterooms on a Saturday morning, and by late afternoon they were full. There were a few sporadic openings as folks changed plans, but it remained a full ship and one of my absolute favorite cruises, thus far! :)

Hi,

In my experience, the holiday cruises and the cruises during school breaks book about 12-18 months in advance. I have a family reunion going on a Disney cruise over Thanksgiving and they reserved rooms and placed deposits in April 2004 for November 2005! They started having to wait for waitlists in January 25! Always book early...just in case! Disney has the tiered-pricing and the best prices go first, plus you always get the best choices on staterooms.

Best Regards,
Julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter