When did you fall in love with Disney parks?

When did you fall in love with the Disney Theme Parks?

• My parents took me as a kid and I was hooked!

• Someone took me when I was older and I loved it.

• I didn't discover the magic until I took my own kids.

• My grandkids showed me the magic!

• I am still waiting to see the magic/planning my first trip.

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was little, my mother made sure that we fell in love with Disney movies, but we never had the opportunity to attend the parks. Five years ago we visited Disneyland Paris and had a good time, but it was not an earth shaking trip . In March of this year we were finally able to go to WDW and that is when it happened! We are all so hooked that we are planning a trip with my husband's family in September and a dance trip next year with the girls' dance studio! I am addicted!!!:rotfl:

I went for the first time when in 76 when I was 12. My dad, younger sister and I drove down from Boston, MA. I LOVED everything about that trip--the drive, staying in different hotels every night on the way down, then arriving at the World. We were SOOO excited. I remember being very impressed that WDW had its own exit! Now I bring my own kids as often as we can (which is not often enough). We are all totally hooked-except maybe DH, but he's been gradually coming around! ;)

I was already a fan of Walt Disney the first time I saw the Magic Kingdom in 1970. When I saw it though, it was only a pile of dirt and there were those yellow caterpillers moving the dirt onto the spot where the Castle now stands! My son was just six months old at the time. Due to being newly married and husband starting a new job, we didn't get back till my son was 5 and he had a baby sister! That was 1976. Seeing the look on my son's face as he watched the afternoon parade made the magic even more real!!!!

I couldn't vote since you didn't have a catagory for me. I was hooked by watching WOnderful World of Disney and seeing the Pirates of the Caribbean on tv. Also the Haunted Mansion . We live on the east coast so a trip to DL was out of the question. I did see DL on my honeymoon and have been to DW many times.

I think it also helps that both dh and I were born in the year DL was opened.

My dad(who lived in Tampa at the time) took me for the first time when we took our first vacation to FL. He was extremely excited to take me and I loved it! We went pretty much every year from 1977 thru the early 80's. I missed a few years and then ex-DH and I went in 86 and 87. After that, I didn't get back until 2001 bringing my present DH and 2 young girls with us. They fell in love! We've been back every year since, sometimes 2-3 times a year! I am lucky to have a DH who loves it as much as I do. We had a 3rd DD in 2003 and she's getting ready to take her 9th trip in June! She's as much of an expert as any of us are by now....:goodvibes

:banana:
...when I turned 13 my Dad took all of us to Disneyland...it was
when I was halfway down Main Street...I got hooked!

Little tidbit: My Dad, a talented artist with a full scholarship
to Cooper Union, told me that he could've had a job here!
That went right in one ear and out the other...it was many
years later at his wake that my aunt and his cousin Ralph
had told me that Disney Studios had offered him a position
as an artist. Pop couldn't move to California at the time...
he needed to support my
Grandmother and Aunt...on the other hand...had he...
I wouldn't be posting right now!

Thanks for the memories Pop!!!:goodvibes

I use to go to DL every summer when I was a child and my great uncle worked as an artist on some Disney movies like a Fox and the Hound, Sword and the Stone, The Rescuer's, 101 Dalmations and more. I would get drawing from him and get to tour his office in California and even attend a Staff Picnic one year. So needless to say, I was pretty much born and raised a Disney fan.

We my dh and I took our kids down to WDW back in 2005 it started the love all over again. We are headed back down for our 3rd trip in Sept.

My first visit to MK was Disneyland. My parents gave to me for my 10th birthday, a week travel tour on a California trip hosted bya local TV clebrity - Rex Trailer. We did all the S. Cali attractions of the time - Knotts, Universal, Hollywood Bowl, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Movie WaxLand, and 2 days at Disneyland! That was 1971.

First visit to WDW was in 1975, 3 days at the end of a 2 week trip to Florida. I was 14. I spent every possible minute in the MK. Wow, it was great! We stayed at the Contemporary Resort. I made a doubloon at the Pirates store on a machine where you stamp the backside. I stamped my name and the date...2 23 75. It has a hole in to use as a key chain ring. I've used it ever since, 33 years and still going. It's my daily reminder.

My next visit was in Jan 1983. I took my girlfriend for a week during our senior college break. It was her first time to Disney. She is now my wife and our boys are 11, 13, 18. Yes, they've been to WDW a few times. And DL too!

Did I mention we snuck in a day at Tokyo Disneyland? That's another story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter