When did I get voted off Skinny Island #3: Quick! Grab the raft!

stayhomemom77

Dieting my way to Disney!!
A few years back, on the second Skinny Island thread, DizneyDawn posted this:

Hey Guys!!!
Welcome to our second installment of this great adventure towards being fit & fabulous! :)

If you are an existing castaway...so glad you have stuck with us through the thicker and thinner parts and starts to each of our journeys. :worship:

If you are a newbie and not sure if it is an insult to be called a castaway...rest assured it is. :lmao:

Okay, not really. ;)

A castaway simply means you have found yourself off of the island of your dreams. Ya know. The one when you actually wear a bikini/swim shorts and not worry about who is calling National Geographic to say they have discovered a new species on the beach! :teacher:

We are an eclectic group of women/men and some kick butt teens who are deciding to plunge off our fat raft of safety and into the waters full of cupcakes, pasta and chocolate and maneuver back to wear we felt good, looked good and loved ourselves enough to know that a healthy weight is the only way we will be able to lead the best life we can.

Here is a link to the first post of Chapter One. It explains well I think our mission and our vision for this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35308469&postcount=1

What I also want you to know is that there is always room for more and not one of us is more important than another or more valuable. If you decide to join this thread, know that you have a worth and it is not based on which road you take to get healthy nor how long that darn road seems to wind. :thumbsup2

We value support, encouragement and more than anything we value the fact that all of us live in glass houses and rock throwing is NOT ALLOWED! We get beat up enough by the outside world and ourselves. We do not need this to be a place of anything but sanctuary.

#1 On Monday's, those wanting to be included in the group tally, will report your weight. This will be done by sending me your starting weight and then the consecutive weeks, your actual new weight. Please do not send me your plus or minus for the week. It is easier to do the math and not look up last week's weight if I only have 2 numbers to deal with. Thanks!!!!!

Send to my p.m. box please Monday mornings. I try and post them by Tuesday mornings. If you forget to send me your weight, I will send you a P.M. If I don;t have it by the time I post - I will simply put an X in your loss area and you can get me it next week!

Nobody but me will see your actual numbers. I will not post your weight on the boards.

What I will post is a list of everyone here and how they did so far for the time on our thread. Then also the total for everyone as a group.

#2 The second half of posting, is many choose to post our individual week loss on Mondays on the thread itself. Most use the format of a "-2.4" or "up 1.3" or "Same" for example.

This means we can all support the person who might be faltering (I know I have needed it huge in the past) and really keep motivating whoever is on a roll.

This is a weight loss thread as much as it is a support group and I know I need that accountability and hope you all find it positive as well.

#3 For every 5 pounds you lose WHILE A CASTAWAY, you get to add a picture representing skinny island for your siggie if you would like. Here are the pics in order!
5 pounds
106palmtree060608Fl200820122b_t.jpg

10 pounds
ham.jpg

15 pounds
1212084397t252081-1.jpg

20 pounds
Rowing-boat.jpg

25 pounds
massage2.jpg

30 pounds
master_FIB0031.jpg

35 pounds
toucan1.gif

40 pounds
photo61.jpg

45 pounds
tidal-pool1.jpg

50 pounds
Tropical_waterfall21.jpg

All you have to do is quote this post, find the picture you want and copy/paste it into to your signature! Just make sure to copy the whole thing from

#4 Let's talk about inches. I am a huge proponent for knowing how our body is changing because many times inches mean more than that number on the scale. So I will be keeping track of my inches lost as well.

The key to that is having someone you trust, measure you and only one person. That way they will tend to measure you in the same spot every month.

Hips, waist, thigh, bicep, and chest will be the areas I keep track of. (If I could figure out a way to measure my chin(s) I would do that too! )

Inches for those interested, will simply be gathered on the FIRST MONDAY of the month. Sometimes it will fall on one of the last days of the previous month - just depends on the week and the dates! I will send out a reminder for that the weekend before. You can send it to me with your weights.

#5 Tracking our food: (optional as well)

Thursday is the day we start as the beginning of a week of tracking. (For me it was simply easier to not have so many things to tabulate on a Monday!)

The goal is to post here your tracking for food, however you want, 5 out of the next 7 days. Some do just calories, some do WW points, some do food journal's and some do calories and food journal's.

If you get 5 out of seven days, you get a tracking pic. For each consecutive week - you will add a x2, x7 etc... next to the pic to represent weeks total you achieved this goal. Some of us track and make sure we are getting 2 cups of veggies as well.

Here is the picture for tracking Food:
gallery021.jpg

Here is the Veggie Tracker:
jenny_harada_funny_salad1.jpg

Well, I want to get this baby rebooted...since I gained back all the weight I lost on this thread and haven't been able to successfully lose it all again...I've decided this thread was the one of the keys to my former success.

I hope some of you join in for the fun!!

Here is my profile:

First Name and Screen name: stayhomemom77/Julie
What your Goal Is for Fitness: I want to lose about 120 pounds. I have split that up into 20 lb increments to make it less overwhelming. I'm using the old Weight Watchers Point Program as my weight loss program and I really enjoy it. I track everything in a weight loss binder at home.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Chips and chocolate
Favorite Good Food for You: fresh fruit and veggies with hummus
Favorite Form of Exercise: walking
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I want to look in the mirror and like what I see.
Family: I am married to an amazing man, Randy who is also trying to slim down. I also have an eleven year old daughter and a nine year old son, two amazing kids without weight issues which Randy and I would like to see stay that way. They have learned a lot about healthy eating during my struggles for which I am eternally grateful.

disneystuff2010353-11.jpg

Here I am with my boyfriend on our April 2010 Disney Trip!!

Last edited:
I started fresh this year on January 5th at an all time high for me of 272.7. Ugh. Not a nice number to see on the scale. I am turning 40 at the end of this year and I know it's only going to get harder and harder to lose this weight. So, using the old weight watchers points plan, I climbed back on the raft and have managed to lose 11 pounds so far. My weigh ins are on Mondays and my end goal is to find myself in the 160's. I plan to refine the end game once I get myself to Onederland. I need cheerleaders to keep me on track and focused...I can let myself down without guilt but when other people are counting on me to set a good example and are ready to cheer me on...I always succeed. So, please don't be shy and join the thread...even if you aren't actively trying to lose weight. Thanks everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter