When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Hey Dawn - welcome back! Good for you and Carsyn to go to WW! You can do it!!!

We have booked a March stay at AKV and I have a new goal. At least 5 more pounds and maintain until then. That's plenty of time and with the holidays, not too much weight to lose.

Julie OH MY GOODNESS!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Just looking at your face and neck it is so obvious! ROCK STAR!!! Please keep showing us pictures. It's very inspiring!

I ate a little crappy this weekend and am trying to do better today. The scale this morning was kind of scary. I had weighed on Friday and it was much better. Of course we went to Chili's Friday night. SW Egg rolls, Pasta, 2 for 1 beer (DH doesn't drink so they were both mine!) Yeah, that wasn't so good, even though I only ate 1/3 of the pasta and had some to share with DD7 yesterday.

Today:
B: French toast (homemade), coffee
L: cheese/meat soft taco, hot apple cider
S: three sweet tarts, one bite of reeses bar

Have to go chug some water!

Hope you all have a happy Halloween!! I want to take the kids out so I can get some walking in! Even though my neighbor drives his four wheeler towing a hay wagon trailer for us to ride!

The only time I have found to consistently exercise is walking during my lunch hour. I do get a longer break many days so I have time, but the weather hasn't been cooperating as of late. After next week when volleyball season ends, I will have three evenings a week where I could do it. By the way, the team of 5th and 6th graders I coach - UNDEFEATED for the season!! YAY! (They are pretty good, so it wasn't all my doing that's for sure!) It was fun, and I got some exercise that way too.

Hey everyone!

The crazy week is slowly coming to a close, just need to get through Halloween tonight. I'm looking forward to having a bit of a break between now and the holidays.

I know our official weigh-in day isn't until tomorriw, but for WW I weight on Sundays so I'm posting mine now. This week I'm +3.4 - ouch. I can't even blame it on the party, either because I did really well there (too busy playing hostess to eat anything ;) ). No, this weight jump happened late last week. Can't point my finger to any one big thing, just need to own up to it and move on to this week.

Right now I'm so thankful that I have you guys in my life. Because I know you will understand and support my disappointment over an unexpected gain. Last night a few folks were commenting on how well I was doing and I let it slip that I was a tad disappointed that I was struggling with a big gain this week. They all just blew it off and said I had to be kidding, right? I mean, since I've lost SO much I couldn't possibly be disappointed by 3 little pounds, could I??? I just laughed it off with them, but I knew you guys would understand.

I'll respond to more later (still cleaning up Halloween decorations) but I'm looking forward to some big losses from you guys this week!

Hey everyone!

Right now I'm so thankful that I have you guys in my life. Because I know you will understand and support my disappointment over an unexpected gain. Last night a few folks were commenting on how well I was doing and I let it slip that I was a tad disappointed that I was struggling with a big gain this week. They all just blew it off and said I had to be kidding, right? I mean, since I've lost SO much I couldn't possibly be disappointed by 3 little pounds, could I??? I just laughed it off with them, but I knew you guys would understand.

I would be upset as well. 50 pound is great but each pound is so hard to lose and so easy to put back on. I swear I could gain 10 pounds in a week with little effort but losing 2 pounds takes dedication and though about each morsel that goes in during that same week.

My weight I know fluctualtes the most the week leading up to TOM. Also my cravings and I think I have a gripe with God. I mean why not one without the other? How come ya gotta double whammie that heck out of us? NOT A FAIR FIGHT! :lmao:

Sheree - have fun walking tonight! Baylor and a few friends are having a mini scare-a -thon here and I just hope they listen and keep the scares to 10 and up! I should take pics cause they have done a lot of work and have had a busy afternoon with all the decorating and costume finshes.pirate:

Julie!!!!! OMGoodness is there a huge difference!!!!!!! I am so elated and I am printing these out for my fridge!!!

:blush: Gee, thanks Dawn. I'm not sure I could have done it without the support of you guys here on this WISH thread. :love::love:

I hate that I cannot copy and paste into here what I ate from WW.

I must confess this is precisely why I stopped logging my food on here. The double entry was driving me crazy.[/COLOR]

So here is the question for you WW folks.

One bagel is 1 point :lovestruc
Two bagels were 4 points! :eek:

I only put them together if I actually EAT them together. Otherwise, they are separate servings as far as I'm concerned. I haven't found it's affected my weigh ins one way or the other. I think you should do whatever works best for you.
Julie OH MY GOODNESS!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Just looking at your face and neck it is so obvious! ROCK STAR!!! Please keep showing us pictures. It's very inspiring!

Thanks Sheree! And I'll keep posting pics as long as you guys request them.

Hooray for your team!! I'm glad they're doing so well.

I think your weight goal sounds quite reasonable and I'm glad your walking chances will improve once volleyball ends! :thumbsup2

Barb: That gain must be sooooo annoying! I don't suppose learning that you're not alone is much consolation but it is quite hard to lose those last few pounds. I can understand just how frustrating that can be.

My sister just had her doctor raise her weight goal because after she got to goal she never could maintain it. Now instead of 146 her maintenance goal is 152 by doctor's orders.

I was wrong about her points by the way. She never was as low as 20, although I was SURE that's what she told me. I just spent the weekend with her though and asked her a bunch of questions.

I guess she was at 22 before going to 26 for maintenance and it was 22 that she felt was not enough. She's always hungry when she's on 22 points. I've suggested that she just space her flex points out over the course of the week so she's getting a bit more each day but she's like Bree in that she has one good splurge day (she calls it a cheat day) so she's always been reluctant to do it.

She's not been able to get any lower than 152...if she has a loss (which is rare) she has a gain again the following week. (This has been going on since June when she made goal.) The advice given to assist her with this problem is to spend 3 weeks eating 26 points and then going back down to 22. Apparently she should see a loss again at this point. I think she's going to start that tomorrow.

:confused3 I dunno if any of these "my sister" ramblings helped at all but I thought you might find a tiny bit of comfort in the fact that you're not the only one having trouble getting the last couple of pounds off.

Hope you have a better weigh in next time.

:love::hug:

THERE ARE SHARKS IN THE WATER!!!! Time to stop swimming and get back on the raft!:sad1: I am so mad at myself. Damn Halloween. I haven't been doing the greatest lately and this week just followed that trend until today...

I bought Halloween candy (okay way overbought) almost a month ago, gave the box to hubby and told him to hide it and I didn't want to know where it was. Well he did and it was great, I never thought about it once and even forgot I bought it until he mentioned it the other day. Well I get up this morning and the tub is already by the front door with the candy in it. I have been sneeking it all day long. We have so much left over that I sat down tonight and must have eaten about 15-20 bars!!!!!:confused3 Why I have no idea. I also had a major craving that I couldn't get rid of for 4 days for one of the worst foods out there KFC, so we had that the other night for dinner. The strange thing is that I really don't like KFC and it doesn't agree with me either as it is too greasy but do you think I could get rid of the craving until I ate it.

I am weighing in tomorrow and will own whatever the scale says. I have a goal to loose 20lbs before our cruise in January so I need to loose 10lbs in November and 10lbs in Dec/first part of Jan. I know it is a hefty goal but I am going to do it. The frustrating thing is that I know what I am doing to sabatoge myself but I just can't stop doing it. I had on my new clothes the other day and I felt good in them so as hubby said hopefully that feeling will propel me to keep going and get into the next size and so forth.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN - :hippie:pirate:

WHOA - way too much leftover Halloween candy!! I am going to take it to work and get rid of at least some of it!
I did not do so well this weekend - so I'm expecting a gain. I did walk most of the time Trick or treating - but then I ate a couple pieces of candy! I better take my sneakers to work tomorrow!

Well another rocky week. I'm up +1 this week. Not too bad, but I need to get my rear back in gear if I want to lose a little more before Christmas. I seem to be yo-yoing again. I'm pretty bad about that. I hit a point where I'm more comfortable and stop trying as hard. I need to lose 20 more pounds to get into a healthy weight range, so I need to quit playing around with it. :headache:

Since I brought up the Holiday, how is everyone else doing as far as Christmas goes?? :santa: I did my first little bit of shopping just YESTERDAY - got each of the kids a top/sweatshirt and a couple stocking stuffers. This is a real first for me, I usually start pretty early and spread out the shopping/spending. Clearly that's not going to happen this year! :rolleyes:
I've got some time next weekend, but the three weeks after that are going to be booked solid with Emily's recovery, helping my sister move, and Thanksgiving. I may have to do all internet shopping this year, I just don't know when I'm going to fit it in??? :confused3
Anyone else, feel like "the holidays" are getting the upper hand?? I'm not ready yet and I'm running out of TIME!!! :eek:

Must. Resist. Halloween. Candy.:scared:
I let myself have 1 little piece of candy last night after the littlest jedi (aka=DS)
came home from trick or treating, but I fully intend to visit some folks bearing gifts of candy this week to get it the heck outta my house! I will not touch a full size candy bar to save my life but snack or mini sized candy bars I'll eat tons of. Must be a mental thing.....I am too close to the island to jump ship now, and I refuse to sabotage myself as I am prone to do.

On that note. I am down 2 (-2) this week. Thank goodness, after a two week plateau! I have 3 to go to reach my 1st goal 8 to go to reach my 2nd, which is to weigh what I did on my wedding night 12 years ago. I'm definitely exercising enough, just need to keep eating well.

I'm in the middle of my marathon training. I ran 15 miles Saturday, and of course I was starving yesterday. I let myself eat my flex points, & some of my activity points (I had over 40) this weekend, but I would not let myself go crazy. My goal as of right now, is to not let my stomach rule me. Meaning I will not eat until I'm stuffed, I will have to snack healthfully between meals. If I don't I will dive head first into bags of chips & eat my way to the bottom, because I am getting that hungry now that my mileage has gone up. does any of this make sense or do I just sound like an idiot???

Ok, since the thread stood still a bit last week, I'll throw out another question. What are your goals for this week? Not long term, but this week.
Mine are: drink my water (I never seem to drink what I need), & not to let my mind trick me into thinking it's ok to eat extra b/c I'm running so much.

~bree~

Whew, I climbed out before the sharks got me last night! I finally officially weighed in this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes I was +2.9lbs but I really thought it was going to be a lot worse considering last time I stepped on the scale I was +4.4lbs (so I guess I have lost 1.1lbs since that non official weigh in)

Indimom - You were asking about Christmas. I am knee deep in it with the business. I am actually about a week behind where I should be right now. This is going to be one heck of a week. I am getting holiday orders already and don't even have my holiday baskets designed, photographed or on my website. :scared1: I have started my shopping and know what most people are getting so I just need to go and get it. I have no ideas for my parents or for hubby so that will need to get figured out really soon.

Bree - My goals for this week are pretty simple. GET BACK ON THE RAFT AND STAY THERE!! Anyone got a seatbelt? I need to drink my water, eat right and get some exercise it. I need to stop making excuses. I think my issue is that I lost some weight, thought this is easy and stopped tracking and trying so hard. Well guess what? It has taken me 5 months to realize it is not working. I am loosing and gaining the same 4lbs.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great week and I will check in when I can. :grouphug:

Oh Julie - You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a terrific Halloween. I, um, seem to have forgotten to weigh in this morning. I guess it's going to take me awhile to get back in the habit. I can only guess that the scale wasn't kind though. I seem to have taken Halloween to mean "eat whatever you want all day." And by all day I mean since Friday. :scared1: Between a potluck at work, the movies on Friday, candy in my house (and not a single trick or treater!) and my annual "have appetizers and watch Ghost Hunters Live" I would imagine I gained.

Holidays? I am 1/3 of the way done. Of course, it helps that I only have 6 people to really shop for. I took care of my niece and nephew while I was at Disney. Aren't they lucky they have an aunt who goes every year and brings their Christmas and birthday presents back? My mom and sis-in-law are easy, it's dad and brother that give me fits. We'll see how we end up.

Goals for this week? EXCERCISE!!!!! I haven't gotten back on that horse yet and I really, really need to. I plan to hit the gym at least 4 times this week. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

OK, time to get caught up:

Elizabeth I'm so sorry to hear about all of your issues. I hope you can get them resolved soon. :hug: We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

I went shopping again!!!

And I'm definitely blaming Barb this time.

:lmao: Blame away! You look absolutely amazing! :cool1:

I'm getting by with my few things that are fitting properly. That's the hard part about losing weight - you have to spend all this money on new clothes!! I need a bigger budget (for so many things!)!

I second this thought! Losing weight is expensive (but totally worth it).

Ok, I'm so happy I actually made it back to the site!

Like I said I need to find something new to motivate me to get back on the raft towards skinny island. Well, I may have a big one. In 2012 I will be turning a milestone age. YUP the BIG 5-0. I told Jim that I wanted to cruise on the new Fantasy since it is coming out that year and what better way to celebrate. Normally I'm the one to hold back on spending that much cash for just the two of us (no idea how much it will be, but I'm certain it won't be cheap) so he was all for it. Thinking about it now I'm leaning more towards taking one of the Alaska cruises instead of the Fantasy just because we aren't much in for the beach and since we both would like to visit Vancouver again. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the itineraires look like when they finally come out. BUT I want to be down a couple of sizes before that happens. I mean wouldn't it be fantastic to weigh less at 50 than I did at 21?

Sounds like a wonderful goal to me!

I did however have a great NSV. Hubby found me 45 minutes of traveling time that I could run into JC Penney and see about getting some new jeans (boy was he generous - 45 min wow :lmao:) as he was sick and tired of watching me hike them up all the time and the ones I was wearing I had actually taken in quickly with my sewing machine. Anyways I found out that I am down 2 sizes in tops (thought it was only 1 - so most of the new things that I bought recently were really still too big) and 1 size in pants. It has taken me a while but I am learning how to tell if clothes fit or not.

See - all your hard work is starting to pay off!

I have a question for all of you. If you have ever fallen off the excercise wagon, how did you get back on?

I wish I had a good answer for you, but the truth is that this is so hard for me as well. Nothing works for me but making myself just do it. For me it's not as much about weight loss as it is about health issues. My family has a long history of high blood pressure and I know this is one way to keep mine in check.

I also have a question about exercise - when do you guys find is the best time to exercise that you can stick to? I know this is probably different for everyone, just curious how you do it.

For me it has to be first thing in the morning, otherwise it doesn't get done. I get up at 5:15 just to give myself time to get in a quick workout before getting the kids up and going for the day. There have been days when I hit the snooze button one too many times and I try to convince myself that I'll just do my workout later, but it never gets done. So I just do the morning thing and get it over with.

As a 54 yr old that just lost 30 pounds and got to a size 32 waist I am hear to tell all the 50+ folks out there - you can do it and it feels great to be back in the same size I wore in the Vietnam war era 30 years ago - don't give up and don't let setbacks derail you - get up the next day and get back on track - good luck to all

Thanks - and gret job on the weight loss yourself!

Anyway, she actually has a condition called Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome. Histoplasmosis is a disease that is very common in this part of the US, and generally doesn't cause anything worse than flu-like symptoms. But, in a rare few cases, it spreads to the eye, and Emily is one of the unlucky ones. It causes spots on the eye and these spots can spontanteously start growing unhealthy blood vessels that leak. This causes scaring and vision loss.

Wow, I'm so sorry she has to go through this. And didn't I see a post by you that your pediatrician suddenly retired without warning? That's a lot to take in all at once. :hug: Prayers for a speedy recovery for her!

I have read the past pages since I left and the bad is we had a dead thread for a bit but the good is that saved me a ton of reading!!! :lmao:

There were some very funny quotes and sayings and I love the idea of having a list of things NSB that you are proud of!!! (Not scale based right?)

So much has happened since I got back and I am shoving myself at WW tom and Carsyn is joining me. She went jeans shopping the other day and called me and asked if she can join with me. That is huge for her and I am excited to have her with me in this journey. I know I am up since I left but the only way back down is facing the music and moving on.

The trip was good, we changed the house we will be renting for the wedding and I have tried more cake and frosting than I ever want to again.

That being said...I need to get my @rse in FF pronto. Wedding dress shopping by next spring. For those who have had a wedding dress...how close to the date can I push finding one?

Julie - you need to post some side by side pics of you now and you when you started...your legs are looking shapely in those skirts and that tummy is flatter than ever!!!

All of us adrift in the sea of fat globules...lets start doggy paddling like we were Tom Hanks in Castaway and our volleyball just got picked up by wind and is heading away fast and furious!!!

There are some serious things to look forward too..including a cruise for two I hear!! :rolleyes: Nothing like a suitcase of new nighties to spice up a cruise! pirate:

This week has been just brutal. Getting caught up with house cleaning and kids...Carsyn and Baylor had eye doc appt's and Treyner is changing his major. I need to get back to devoting myself to some me time and walk again and track again.

Glad to hear also that Emily's eye diagnosis is better than you thought and prayers for a speedy recovery to her.

Lizzy - will find you on FB...we are all thinking of you!!!

As far as weigh in's...It does not matter to me if you guys switch it to Fridays...just send me the info by Monday. I will start going to WW on sat probably since it is the best time for me and Carsyn together and so I will do weigh in's with that weight as well.

Ok - need to get more work done. Will start my tracking here tom again.

I need the accountability as much as ever!!!

Welcome back! We've missed you around here. It has been more quiet than normal, I think a lot of folks (like me) are reading and not posting as much due to other "stuff" going on.

Hey Dawn - welcome back! Good for you and Carsyn to go to WW! You can do it!!!

We have booked a March stay at AKV and I have a new goal. At least 5 more pounds and maintain until then. That's plenty of time and with the holidays, not too much weight to lose.

I'm trying to finally get the last of this weight off for our trip in February. We've got our room booked (DVC GCV) and I'm just starting to look at flights. I sure hope I can keep this up until then.

Barb: That gain must be sooooo annoying! I don't suppose learning that you're not alone is much consolation but it is quite hard to lose those last few pounds. I can understand just how frustrating that can be.

My sister just had her doctor raise her weight goal because after she got to goal she never could maintain it. Now instead of 146 her maintenance goal is 152 by doctor's orders.

I was wrong about her points by the way. She never was as low as 20, although I was SURE that's what she told me. I just spent the weekend with her though and asked her a bunch of questions.

I guess she was at 22 before going to 26 for maintenance and it was 22 that she felt was not enough. She's always hungry when she's on 22 points. I've suggested that she just space her flex points out over the course of the week so she's getting a bit more each day but she's like Bree in that she has one good splurge day (she calls it a cheat day) so she's always been reluctant to do it.

She's not been able to get any lower than 152...if she has a loss (which is rare) she has a gain again the following week. (This has been going on since June when she made goal.) The advice given to assist her with this problem is to spend 3 weeks eating 26 points and then going back down to 22. Apparently she should see a loss again at this point. I think she's going to start that tomorrow.

:confused3 I dunno if any of these "my sister" ramblings helped at all but I thought you might find a tiny bit of comfort in the fact that you're not the only one having trouble getting the last couple of pounds off.

Hope you have a better weigh in next time.

:love::hug:

This is actually very helpful, thank you so much for sharing. It makes me feel like maybe I can actually do this.

THERE ARE SHARKS IN THE WATER!!!! Time to stop swimming and get back on the raft!:sad1: I am so mad at myself. Damn Halloween. I haven't been doing the greatest lately and this week just followed that trend until today...

WHOA - way too much leftover Halloween candy!! I am going to take it to work and get rid of at least some of it!
I did not do so well this weekend - so I'm expecting a gain. I did walk most of the time Trick or treating - but then I ate a couple pieces of candy! I better take my sneakers to work tomorrow!

I love Halloween, but right now I'm not a fan of the candy monster. The kids got SO MUCH of it last night. We had fewer trick-or-treaters this year and I think all the houses did the same thing I did, which was to start giving out handfuls to everyone. As I was going through it when they got home all I could think was that they will never eat that much candy in an entire year. DH and I both work at home so no taking it to the office. We'll have to find someplace where we can donate some of this stuff. Oh, and I've been good and have avoided eating any of it. But all 3 kids were so proud that they got Junior Mints "for mommy" because they know I love them. Sometimes I wish my kiddos weren't so thoughtful ;)

Since I brought up the Holiday, how is everyone else doing as far as Christmas goes?? :santa: I did my first little bit of shopping just YESTERDAY - got each of the kids a top/sweatshirt and a couple stocking stuffers. This is a real first for me, I usually start pretty early and spread out the shopping/spending. Clearly that's not going to happen this year! :rolleyes:
Anyone else, feel like "the holidays" are getting the upper hand?? I'm not ready yet and I'm running out of TIME!!! :eek:

Relax - you've still got plenty of time :goodvibes I've almost finished up with my extended family (siblings, nieces/nephews, dad). I'll be seeing them at Thanksgiving and want to have all of their stuff ready so my sister can take it back with her. This way I don't have to worry about shipping and all of the hassles that come along with it (stuff getting lost or broken, being late, expensive, etc.) In addition to Christmas, we've got 5 birthdays in there, including mine. So yeah, it's kind of a lot. But almost done! :woohoo: Once I get that wrapped up (no pun intended ;) ) I'll worry about my DH and kids.

Must. Resist. Halloween. Candy.:scared:

Ok, since the thread stood still a bit last week, I'll throw out another question. What are your goals for this week? Not long term, but this week.
Mine are: drink my water (I never seem to drink what I need), & not to let my mind trick me into thinking it's ok to eat extra b/c I'm running so much.

~bree~

Yup, the candy must be avoided! You are constantly amazing me - I am so impressed with your workout routine and training. I'm convinced you'll drop the rest of your weight very soon!

My goals for this week are just to stay on target and avoid the candy. And get my house back in order. And finish the curtains I'm doing for my DSIL.

Whew, I climbed out before the sharks got me last night! I finally officially weighed in this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes I was +2.9lbs but I really thought it was going to be a lot worse considering last time I stepped on the scale I was +4.4lbs (so I guess I have lost 1.1lbs since that non official weigh in)

See - it wasn't as bad as you thought! OK, maybe not the greatest, but that's not too big of a gain at all, and you can get right back into the swing of things. :thumbsup2

All is well here. It's a new week and a new outlook (a good night's sleep will do that for ya!) I really appreciate all the words of support :cloud9: I knew you guys would understand how I was feeling. I really shouldn't have been too surprised by the gain last week. I had some "girly issues" and I was kind of afraid this would happen. I hoped not, but here it is and I'll just have to deal with it. Plus I skipped my workouts Thursday and Friday. Both days (and every day since) I've woken up with a nasty headache that I'm just now starting to get under control. And with all of the running around I've been doing, drinking enough water kind of went by the wayside. So while I was making REALLY good food choices, I wasn't doing the other stuff to support them.

But this week it's time for me to cowboy up and get back on track. You guys are all making me smile - look at you with your awesome losses, cool new clothes, upcoming weddings (FUN!!!) and trips. Let's keep the momentum up and going this week.

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a terrific Halloween. I, um, seem to have forgotten to weigh in this morning. I guess it's going to take me awhile to get back in the habit. I can only guess that the scale wasn't kind though. I seem to have taken Halloween to mean "eat whatever you want all day." And by all day I mean since Friday. :scared1: Between a potluck at work, the movies on Friday, candy in my house (and not a single trick or treater!) and my annual "have appetizers and watch Ghost Hunters Live" I would imagine I gained.

Holidays? I am 1/3 of the way done. Of course, it helps that I only have 6 people to really shop for. I took care of my niece and nephew while I was at Disney. Aren't they lucky they have an aunt who goes every year and brings their Christmas and birthday presents back? My mom and sis-in-law are easy, it's dad and brother that give me fits. We'll see how we end up.

Goals for this week? EXCERCISE!!!!! I haven't gotten back on that horse yet and I really, really need to. I plan to hit the gym at least 4 times this week. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Ooooh - LOVE Ghost Hunters! We had to record it last night and we'll watch it bit by bit over the week. I love the idea of a Ghost Hunters Live party, should have done that this year. We have SO MUCH STUFF left over from the party - junk food, booze, beer, candy. I told DH that we needed to have a party to go through all our party leftovers. Maybe a good idea for next year!

I am up .8 this week. Surprising - I thought it would be up more!

Oh well - my goals for the week are more water and more exercise. I do have an extra volleyball practice so that will help! I brought my walking shoes/clothes to work today.
I'm pretty sure avoiding the candy is not going to happen, so I just have to be careful. Just a little and hope I can stop myself! We'll see how THAT goes.

eta: I went for a 40 minute walk during lunch today!!!

I'm down 3 this week!!

:cool1::woohoo::cheer2:

I knew I'd be down, since my only fast food meal over the weekend was at Wendy's and I was able to eat properly there. Everything was moving properly (thank goodness!!) and I still had several flex points left and all my activity points even after having three Halloween treats Saturday night and three more last night!! :thumbsup2

So, when I entered my weight online today, it had me recalculate my points and I lost one, so I'm now down to 27 daily points!:banana: I know some of you mourn the loss of your points as you go down but I celebrate them. I find 24 points easy to follow so once I get below that my tune may change but in the mean time, I consider this a NSV!!

Goals for this week....hmmmm....well, I spent 2 hours this morning on housework (earned myself 6 activity points :cool1:...seems too easy almost) but I still have a ton more to accomplish this week.

Also, I need to ensure that I'm doing "something" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have the time and the opportunity but I've been fairly lazy about exercising on those two days for a few weeks now. I had to switch to jogging only on Mon/Wed/Fri because doing it without a rest day in between was too rough on my knees. But there are lots of things I could do that wouldn't bother my knees (walking, for one) so I should really step it up a bit. I give myself Saturdays and Sundays off as it is so there isn't really a good excuse for this now that I've gotten into a good groove with the jogging three times a week.

And, as winter is definitely approaching...I need to take advantage of the fall weather while it holds. It's my favourite season and I go stir crazy in November a lot since it seems to have a large amount of cloudy days (here at least) but for the moment, we're getting a fair amount of sun.

So, to sum up...my goals for this week are: finish the "deep" cleaning that I didn't do this morning, earn myself 40 activity points for the week (I earned 12 this morning, so it's not as much as it sounds), and enjoy the outdoors while I can...it'll be seriously chilly before we know it!

As for Christmas shopping, my nieces and nephews are done (my side) and the kiddies are done. I've also got some stocking stuffers tucked away but the rest of the shopping will likely be done early in December.

Hope those of you who haven't weighed in yet have a good one!!

@!#$ economy!!!

Just learned yet another one of our friends was laid off yesterday. He knew it was probably coming, as he was in a start-up and they were running out of funding. But still .... :mad:

I keep hearing on the new that this area is leading the nation and recovering faster from this "economic downturn" than any other city. Judging by how many friends of ours are still looking for jobs, I'd never guess it.

ok, so I caved and ate a mini sized twizzler out of DS's candy bag today. I know it's nothing really but I was so determined to not eat anything at all, but I swear the stupid candy is calling my name. It's ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!!!
I just need to bag it up & take it to some friends or something, before I have a crazy moment & strap it on like a horse feed bag.

Anyone else having trouble with candy temptations this week?

Hey guys,
I will be back here tom. I just needed a few days.

A friend from HS lost her husband and three children (from a prior marriage of his) in a plane crash. Plane crashed last Monday and last night late they found the wreckage and no survivors. The Mother of the kids I also knew as she graduated from a town near my high school. A close friend was with the family last night when they got the news and after she left, called me to help her process what had transpired. Michelle (Mom) was screaming and yelling at anyone there because they could go home and hug their kids. Ginger (wife) fell to the ground and could not be consoled. I cannot imagine what any of them are facing and all of us are trying to deal with our own feelings. I mean with FB nowadays, you see pics of our friends children and you are feeling more intune to their daily life and such.

The twins were the same age as Baylor and Michelle had just put on FB pictures of one of them at Football less than 2 weeks ago. The kids FB pages are just silent minus the few blips from people that have not heard yet or are poring their hearts out in agony. So with your FB being tied to your kids FB and any new posts on their pages showing up on yours, the family is seeing everything and it is like the grief is consuming.

I was still hoping last week like everyone else that they would be found. They had even carved pumpkins for each member of the family with their names on it in hopes they would come home for Halloween. Just numbing truthfully.

Then for us, Halloween marked the two year milestone from when Baylor got burned. He had friends over in the backyard and had a bonfire and it takes everything I can do to restrain myself from being overprotective, sending Dan out there every 5 minutes to check on them. looking at them from the deck window and calling out to make sure the stay back from the fire and freaking out when I see them adding more logs. Baylor is doing fine - I am the one who needs to move past it. I think he was no drugged up on Morphine for those 2 moths that he remembers things in blips and blurbs. It would have been easier if they would have knocked me out with him.

Anyway - it has just been a hard few days. I feel just wiped. Sorry for blabbing the problems here but I hate being awol and you guys thinking I am just ditching the raft.

Tom. is a new day. :)

ok, so I caved and ate a mini sized twizzler out of DS's candy bag today. I know it's nothing really but I was so determined to not eat anything at all, but I swear the stupid candy is calling my name. It's ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!!!
I just need to bag it up & take it to some friends or something, before I have a crazy moment & strap it on like a horse feed bag.

Anyone else having trouble with candy temptations this week?[/QUOTE]

Um, yup. I have to find a better place for the candy (both the kids' candy and the leftovers) than on the kitchen counter! I did okay at work this morning, then in the afternoon grabbed a few pieces. Then I came home and have eaten another 3 pieces!!! Of course, they are all chocolate, calorie laden! It needs to be put away!

Dawn - I saw it on the news. Absolutely tragic. There's just nothing that we can say that will help, but just to pray for them. It is truly heartbreaking. I'm sorry for your struggles with the anniversary as well. Life throws a lot of stuff at us, and some days it takes all our strength just to face the day. Everyone needs support. We are here for you and you are allowed to vent any time.
Hang on to the raft!! We'll paddle for a while!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everybody. I know I've sort of fallen off the face of the earth for a month or so...and I've completely fallen off the wagon and gained most (not all, thankfully) of the weight back that I lost when I joined the group. But I'm back on as of this this week, maybe I'll start posting again.

Here's an up to date picture of me (yeah, I'm cheating, my waist is about an inch larger than this in reality)

PICT1154.jpg

I hope you're all doing well and that everyone had a fun Halloween! :)

Oh Dawn honey :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now. I can't think of anything worse than losing a child, and right now not only are you close to 2 women who are going through that pain, it's also coming at a time that reminds you of when you could possibly have had to deal with the same thing. I can only imagine how difficult the last week has been for you. Yes, Baylor is a strong, resiliant kid and you should be proud of all he has accomplished. But you also need to recognize and deal with your own feelings of anger, hurt, worry and fear. I wish there was something I could say to make this all better :grouphug:

Bree, the candy is in fact calling my name. And I've got 3 bags of it lying around taunting me. DH was supposed to take some to his chorus practice last night but forgot it. That bag might have to "accidentally" fall into the trash can later. Whoopsie! :rolleyes1

Dana, welcome back! Please do start posting again - I think we all want to catch up with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter