When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

10/20/10
Breakfast: coffee, cream of wheat, grapefruit. 6pts.
Lunch: turkey, potatoes, succatash, cranberries. 8pts.
Dinner: chicken panini, brussel sprouts. 8pts.
Total: 22 pts.
Water: 48 oz.
Excercise: Walked with my friend. I need to drive it in the car and figure out how far we are going? Anyway, we walked about 45-50 minutes.

10/20/10 DONE
VEG DONE

I feel like I'm hanging in pretty good this week. So far, so good anyway. How are the rest of y'all doin??

I have a family party Saturday afternoon, but it shouldn't be a BIG issue since it's my hubby's side of the family. They eat a lot better than my family, always have tons of healthy choices, and very few desserts. Makes it easy to have a nice meal without going overboard. (It also helps that they are ALL thin, so I feel like they would all be judging me if I overeat. KWIM?)

Saturday evening we are going out with friends, but I think we are bowling, so no need to worry about food there. And no, bowling is not something we normally do; but they suggested it, so.... :confused3 okay. Could be pretty funny actually. I'm thinking I may need the bumpers just to get on the scoreboard (or whatever it's called). :rotfl2: We'll see though, I think Saturday may be a league night in which case there won't be a lane available. If we go to a movie, I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! I'm addicted to that evil popcorn. popcorn::

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. :fish: Pretend that fish is blue, will ya?? Otherwise, my humor is lost.

Julie - I love your NSV, what a great idea. I think that mine is that all my jeans are baggy on me now. In fact I used to have to wear....ummm you know the "floss" kind of undies w/jeans so I wouldn't have VPL, but now I don't have to anymore. That's probably stupid, but it makes me happy. I joke that I now don't have to buy any of the "boyfriend" jeans that are popular b/c all my jeans look like that on me now. Also I have to wear long shirts with my slacks to church on Sundays b/c they all look like MC Hammer pants on me with the low hanging crotch......everybody now HAMMER, GO HAMMER!! Anyway....

Barb - I'm with you on trying 8s. In February I was wearing a 12 comfortably, my 10s were uncomfortable, but now all my 10s are too big, but I'm scared to try 8s. What if they don't fit? I won't see the 18 pound loss I've had, all I'll see is that I'm not where I want to be.

:lmao: GO HAMMER! OMG that's too funny! I wish I lived closer so we could go try on the 8s together. You should totally go try them on because it sounds like you're closer than me. So that's your assignment - try on the 8s today and report back to us. Ready? GO!

DS and I went for a smallish walk yesterday (about a mile and a half) and he weighs a little bit more than I've lost so far, so just for fun I thought I'd throw him up on my shoulders and carry him for a bit. I was interested to see if I could get a feel for the weight I've lost.

:scared1: Oh my gosh...I carried him about a quarter of a mile and I have NO IDEA how I managed to do anything at my old size. Seriously, it was ridiculous!! No wonder I was most comfortable with my behind on the couch!!

It's amazing, isn't it? I was over at a friend's house and she was telling me her son was so excited because he finally weighed 60 pounds. It suddenly hit me that I had lost a small child. :scared1:

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. :fish: Pretend that fish is blue, will ya?? Otherwise, my humor is lost.

Oh I totally got the Dory reference ;)

And now between Bree and Susan, for the rest of the day I'm going to have the image of Dory swimming around in hammer pants going "Just keep swimming GO HAMMER!" all day long.

As for me, I noticed my weight has shot up by 0.6 already this week (yeah, I know we're not supposed to weigh more than once a week but we all do it. :guilty: ) And that's on a week where I've been doing great with food and exercise. That's just not looking good going into this camping weekend. And next weekend is our Halloween party, which will involve lots of bad-for-me snacks and drinks :rolleyes1. See what I mean by that 4 pounds being farther away than the 66 I've already lost?

Woah....Barb is handing out assignments.

What's mine?? What's mine??

:lmao:

My sister had trouble with the last four pounds too. She bounced around quite a bit as she struggled to get those last few off. Lose and gain, lose and gain...vicious cycle. She was so angry about it but no matter what she did, her weight continued to fluctuate. I tried to tell her it was just her final plateau but she was in a hurry to reach goal and wasn't patient enough for her body to resolve it on it's own.

I don't recommend her remedy though, she got fed up (wanted to move into her maintenance period so she could be a liftetimer and stop paying) and in the end she decided to take laxatives and fast for three days before her weigh in. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

No one could talk her out of it either. It was really, really bad (she was in a crazy place) but it paid off cause she made goal. Then she had to do it all over again when she weighed in six weeks later (at the end of her maintenance period) because she had gained the four pounds back again.

I get that she wanted to make goal and become a lifetime member, but that seems too extreme. Anyways it was fake!! She didn't really lose the pounds at all. :sad2: Doesn't seem worth it to me. :confused3

I know it's disappointing to be so close and yet so far away so I'm sending you

:hug::hug::hug:

and you never know...

sometimes when I weigh in mid week I see a gain and then I get bummed out...then when I weigh in for real a few days later I'm pleasantly surprised that I actually had a loss after all.

I'm going to go ahead and hope that's the case for you this week!!

Just keep swimming....HAMMER TIME!!

Woah....Barb is handing out assignments.

What's mine?? What's mine??

My sister had trouble with the last four pounds too. She bounced around quite a bit as she struggled to get those last few off. Lose and gain, lose and gain...vicious cycle. She was so angry about it but no matter what she did, her weight continued to fluctuate. I tried to tell her it was just her final plateau but she was in a hurry to reach goal and wasn't patient enough for her body to resolve it on it's own.

I don't recommend her remedy though, she got fed up (wanted to move into her maintenance period so she could be a liftetimer and stop paying) and in the end she decided to take laxatives and fast for three days before her weigh in. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

No one could talk her out of it either. It was really, really bad (she was in a crazy place) but it paid off cause she made goal. Then she had to do it all over again when she weighed in six weeks later (at the end of her maintenance period) because she had gained the four pounds back again.

I get that she wanted to make goal and become a lifetime member, but that seems too extreme. Anyways it was fake!! She didn't really lose the pounds at all. :sad2: Doesn't seem worth it to me. :confused3

I know it's disappointing to be so close and yet so far away so I'm sending you

:hug::hug::hug:

and you never know...

sometimes when I weigh in mid week I see a gain and then I get bummed out...then when I weigh in for real a few days later I'm pleasantly surprised that I actually had a loss after all.

I'm going to go ahead and hope that's the case for you this week!!

Just keep swimming....HAMMER TIME!!

Your assignment is..... to walk to the mall and try on the 8s for me ;) Just kidding - walking to the mall is good enough in my book. The closest mall to me is 3 miles away, an easy distance to make but no sidewalks or good walking path so I'm too chicken to walk it.

Hmm, don't think I'll go your sister's route to lose the weight. Heck, if I wanted it that bad I'd just raise my goal weight by 4 pounds and voila - instant success! Now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea......

Just keep swimming ... U CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA - SUPER busy at work and home this week. Making me so tired I haven't been DISing at all.

ANYWHO - I am down about 2 pounds this week!
At least as of yesterday when I remembered to remember!

I'll try to catch up over the weekend!

Hey y'all! (Just for Julie)

I'm trying to check in but admit the last few days have been rough. Tuesday was BRUTAL. Thankfully today has been manageable. Feeling ok. Kinda have the phantom queasiness, where my body thinks it should be sick but it's not?

Dunno. It's weird. Trying to take it one day at a time. Our Disney trip seems right around the corner, but next week seems like forever away. Kinda weird how time can mess with your head.

Sorry to hear that you all are having some rough waters. I know y'all can do it!!!! Sounds like you are all focusing on the right things. Love the NSV's! Gotta focus on the positives. I tell myself that daily.

My silver lining of being so sick?

I FINALLY broke into the next 10s place on the scale.

How's that for irony?

I had lost down to xx1 twice and could never break below and this morning I was down to xx8 below. :cool1:

Not exactly the way I WANTED to lose it and I promise I AM NOT trying to lose weight. I just can't keep anything down. I literally ate a piece of string cheese and a piece of toast all day Tuesday and that was it. So I guess I'm officially on the pregnancy diet. :laughing:

Miss you all. I'll post when I can.

Good luck to you all!!! Skinny Island vibes coming y'all's way! :goodvibes

:grouphug:

Aimee:

Not sure if I should congratulate you or not but...I'm gonna!!:lmao:

Congrats on reaching the next 10's, although I hope for your sake that you don't have to use the same method to go down another 10.

Barb:

Ummm...I did get to the mall today during several other errands (not on foot though). I'm going to post with photos tomorrow but I exchanged on of my new tops for two new ones. An XL which is a 14/16 and a 14!! :woohoo: It's slightly snug...I need a couple more weeks for it to fit completely but I'm afraid a 14's as low as I can go at the moment. More details on the shopping tomorrow and I promise I'll be trying on 8's as soon as humanly possible.

Night ladies!!

Morning everybody! Sorry I've been absent the last few days, but that seems to be the norm for me over the weekends. Looks like the thread hasn't been moving much...what's up with that??
I'm only down a 1/2- pound this week. :confused: I have done everything right, the only thing I can think of is that I didn't drink much water. My allergies are giving me a fit so I haven't felt great or like drinking water.
So on that note, I have a question to throw out for discussion/sharing.

What are some tricks you use to help you lose weight?

I'm doing a program thru work that suggests drinking watered down orange juice to help you through the day. :drinking1It really has helped me. Drinking plain water doesn't give you any help with blood sugar! The ratio is 7 to 1 (water to OJ) and it's not supposed to be OJ from concentrate...oh yeah, you can add in crystal light powder for flavor too.

I usually just put a splash of oj in my water. Too lazy to measure. Maybe when I'm thinner I will have more energy and do things the right way:lmao:

It's really helped me during times I would have gone for a handful of something to eat.

Happy Friday everyone. Boy, getting back on track after vacation is hard! I'm doing my best, but I keep reaching for snacks mid-afternoon and at night. I pulled out my crocheting to see if that will keep me from snacking. So far, so good. Now if I could just find a way to beat the afternoon munchies at work.

I'm up a few pounds this week so far, but not surprised. I didn't really weigh in the last couple of weeks and after a week long visit from my parents, followed by the end of the season and then 9 days at Disney - well, I'd be surprised if I WASN'T up. I just have to get back on track and get back to the gym. That's my goal for next week - gym time.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hang in there and remember your water! That's what I'm trying to do. Oh, and thanks to everyone for mashing those 2 songs together and getting them stuck in my head. I'll be singing that all day while I answer phones at work.

TGIF! Hope y'all are having a good one with an even better weekend coming up!

Aimee, hope the morning sickness will go away soon! My mom never tires of telling me how miserable she was when she was pregnant with me and how she lived on saltines and pickled Chinese turnips for a month and a half. She usually brings this stuff up when she wants me to do something I don't wanna, like study for my SATs or practice piano for 2 hours.

Yesterday I went to the North Carolina state fair after work with some friends. Man, I swear these fair foods are getting more ridiculous every year. This year's highlights are Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers (all the regular cheeseburger fixings between two glazed donuts):eek:, Kool-aid pickles :scared1: and pig lickers (chocolate covered bacon on a stick) :sick:

I stayed away from most of the bad junk and had a skewer of steak kabobs, shared an order of fried green beans dipped in cucumber yogurt :worship: and a frozen banana dipped in chocolate and nuts. Not bad compared to the deep fried Oreos, blooming onions and funnel cakes my friends were eating. Plus I bought a bag each of hot roasted peanuts and Kettle Corn (my weakness) to take home. Oh, and I won a stuffed Pikachu in the water gun race. :cool1:

TGIF! Hope y'all are having a good one with an even better weekend coming up!

Aimee, hope the morning sickness will go away soon! My mom never tires of telling me how miserable she was when she was pregnant with me and how she lived on saltines and pickled Chinese turnips for a month and a half. She usually brings this stuff up when she wants me to do something I don't wanna, like study for my SATs or practice piano for 2 hours.

Yesterday I went to the North Carolina state fair after work with some friends. Man, I swear these fair foods are getting more ridiculous every year. This year's highlights are Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers (all the regular cheeseburger fixings between two glazed donuts):eek:, Kool-aid pickles :scared1: and pig lickers (chocolate covered bacon on a stick) :sick:

I stayed away from most of the bad junk and had a skewer of steak kabobs, shared an order of fried green beans dipped in cucumber yogurt :worship: and a frozen banana dipped in chocolate and nuts. Not bad compared to the deep fried Oreos, blooming onions and funnel cakes my friends were eating. Plus I bought a bag each of hot roasted peanuts and Kettle Corn (my weakness) to take home. Oh, and I won a stuffed Pikachu in the water gun race. :cool1:

Your fair food sounds a lot like ours. Deep fried anything and put it on a stick!!
I actually tried the pig lickers about a year ago (Aug 09 MN state fair). It wasn't as gross as you'd think! Sort of sweet/salty, but the salty was also a bit um, meaty? A bit odd.
I think you did well! I usually just write that day off when we go to the fair and try not to eat a "whole" anything, but share with the family. Plus we do a lot of walking, which helps.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Work this week has been H - E - L - L. This is the first day I've had much down time so I can take a break and DIS a little!! So you KNOW I've been busy! HA!
Planning to do some inside organizing chores since it's supposed to rain.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Ok, so I'm a day late & a $ short, but Dory & Hammer will be in my head the rest of the evening. Shouldn't have even bothered to download 14 new songs from itunes 'cause all I'll be thinking tomorrow is "just keep swimming..Go HAMMER!"

Barb - I PROMISE I'll go try in 8s ASAP. Been a little crazy around here so hopefully I can do that soon. Hey I have a 14 mile run in the morning, bet I'll be down after that so maybe they'll definitely fit :confused3

Sheree - Yay on the weight loss this week! Sorry you've had a crazy week, I hope you have a great relaxing weekend.

Indi - I have a family "partay" to go to tomorrow night also. I'm going to try to eat before I go so I won't be tempted. Plus I'm going to try and only stay a couple hours, my reason will be that I have to get DS up early Sunday for church. Not wanting to deal with a cranky toddler IS a good reason right??

Mulan - I missed the state fair this year! Glad you didn't get too tempted by all the junk. That chocolate dipped bacon sounds good to me :rolleyes1

Aimee - I'm so sorry that you're feeling so yucky right now. I hope that you feel good for your trip next week. A sick day at Disney is better than a sick day at home right? maybe you'll feel good enough by then to eat something yummy. Will you eat a chocolate dipped mickey head rice crispy for me???

Julie - WTG on the next size down! You're doing so great, and you're such an inspiration to keep fighting the fight :hug:

Haunted Momma - I mix water & juice sometimes too. Sometimes I get really crazy & mix juice with SPARKLING water :woohoo: It is a nice alternative to just plain old stupid water. OH which reminds me.....need to start on my next 30oz.......

Stacy - don't sweat being up a couple lbs. You were at disney FOR 9 DAYS!!! That sounds like heaven to me. :cloud9:

Ok so let's see if I can remember what I've eaten the last couple days:

Wed
brkfst - banana, coffee w/creamer
snack - 1/2c cottage cheese
lunch - mexican inspired 0 point soup, 5 crackers w/laughing cow wedge, 2oz deli turkey
dinner - quesadillla(2 oz pork, 1/4c rice, 3tb light mexi cheese on whole wheat tortilla) few chips w/salsa
dessert - skinny cow cookies & cream ice cream sammie

Points total - 22

exercise - 3 1/2 miles w/circuit training

Oct. 20 done
veggies done

Thurs -
brkfst - banana, coffee w/creamer
snack - 1/2c cottage cheese
lunch -mexican inspired 0 point soup, 5 crackers w/laughing cow wedge, 2oz deli turkey
dinner - baked potato w/tb yogurt spread & light sour cream, salad w/o&v dressing
dessert - skinny cow
misc eating - couple handfuls of goldfish (love the salty) & a couple bites of DS's mac & cheese

points total -25 (used a couple flex points)

exercise - rest day

oct 21 done
veggies done

will try to be back later to post today's food. I have a 14 mile run in the morning & I'm kinda trying to get mentally focused on that. If I don't post much this weekend, I hope y'all have a good one!!

~bree~

Hi everyone!!

Been tracking on paper lately, so I'm a bit lazier about putting it on here too. Maybe it would be good to see it twice though...

brunch: scrambled eggs, rye toast slice, potatoes, 2 sausage links
dinner: shrimp poppers, green beans and pasta tossed w/ olive oil and parm cheese
5 hours of xmas shopping for exercise:scared1:

starting to subscribe to the notion that I don't NEED breakfast. I should eat when I'm hungry. :thumbsup2I have some water w/ splash of OJ in the morning and that seems to get me through. I've always felt like I have to eat breakfast incase I get hungry while I'm teaching. Have a set lunch time and little cuties in my room all day, ya know?

See ya'll for weigh-in tomorrow!

Who hoo!! I'm FAMOUS!!

I'm mentioned in someone's signature.

Thanks for the claim to fame Michelle!!

Well, my weekend did not go great, we ate out at Chili's and I ate my favorite meal there which was NOT good, and then went to see RED so I ate some popcorn:: BUT....

:cheer2: I'm down -2 for the week!!! :banana:

So, today is a Happy Day for me!!!

I'm setting a new goal for myself starting today:
I want to lose one pound a week from now until Christmas. That is 9 pounds and will place me solidly in the next 10s. That would be sooooo nice!! And I don't think it is expecting too much from myself (and hey, if I stretch just one more pound for a round 10 I won't be dissapointed). So, here goes.

Hope everyone has a great week. Emily will finally meet with the eye specialist on Wednesday and I'm getting very antsy about it. Lordy, has it been a l-o-n-g month. It's going to drive me nuts that I can't go with her to this appointment, but many of my day care families do not have alternative providers and I don't get paid when I take a day off, so I felt like I had to let DH handle it. I'll take a day if she ends up needing surgery.

Good Luck on the Weigh-in everyone!!!

Morning Everybody!
I'm going to respectfully decline a weigh-in today. As of yesterday I am up 2 (+2) :sad2: Again, I did everything right last week, didn't even eat all my flex & activity points (had over 40 activity), ran almost 30 miles, swam, did weights & I STILL gained a bit. Then I figured out what the dealio was........yep, you guessed it. TOM. GRRRRRRRR stupid old TOM!!!
As I have stated before I retain water like a camel, I mean I can look at a chip & my fingers swell, so I'm guessing within a couple days I'll shed it. I'm trying not to get freaked out or depressed about it.

On a good note. I had an incredible 14 mile run Saturday morning. A friend of mine invited me to join a group she runs with every week, & I have to say that it was probably one of the best runs I've had in a long time. I felt good, my pace was great (averaged a 10 minute mile for the whole run) had some great company. The weather was perfect, cold at the start then comfortably cool. (if you are not a Christian or a church-going person skip over this next part.....)As I entered into my 13th mile a song called "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin came on my ipod & I couldn't help but be reminded that yes He is!!! I had been so anxious about this run, and the fact that it was so good just proved that I should "Be anxious for nothing......."

I have no great life lesson to give from my experience, I just wanted to share.

So now back to the grind, & hopefully I'll see a good loss by next Monday.

~bree~

It feels like one of those losses where if I have a cracker I will gain 2 pounds. KWIM?

Need to stay the course!! 3 more pounds 'till driver's license weight!!:rotfl:

eggs, eng muffin, 1 sausage patty, potatoes (god I love breakfast food on the weekend!:love:)
veggie chips, light s.cream
turkey slice, pasta salad
10/24 done

Happy Monday everyone!

This week I'm -1.2 :woohoo:.
I'm also down into the next 10s. That middle number is the lowest I've seen it in 20 years! :yay:
And the best part is that I had to recalculate WW points, but it stayed at 20. :cool1:

So even though I'm exhausted from the campout, it's a good day.

I'm also in party total freak-out mode! :eek: Our Halloween party is this Saturday and of course I don't feel ready for it. Now all of the people coming over are friends and they won't care if the decorations aren't right or whether we have games or not, but I'm still stressing. So I may not be posting much this week even though I'll be checking in as often as I can.

I admit, I weigh myself two to five days a week. :rolleyes1 And Thursday/Friday are my lowest weigh ins most of the time. I'm thinking I might need to change my weigh in day to Friday because I kinda let loose on the weekend with a splurgy meal and then pay for it come Monday morning with an increase in weight.

This week was no different than last in that on Saturday I went out for Mexican food and used up a healthy chunk of flex points on the meal. And not all of it has made it out of my system yet, hence I'm up from Friday...0.7 pounds.

However, I am down from last Monday 4.2 pounds in fact!! :woohoo::woohoo:

So, all but 0.2 of last weekend's gain is now gone so I'm guessing (hoping) that next Monday's weigh in will be much more satisfactory. If I can avoid doing the splurgy thing this weekend (going to be tough because I'm going to be out of town) then perhaps I'll see another nice drop on the scale. I've spent the last 10 days feeling like I'm at a plateau :sad2: but I have to admit that the non scale victories are more than compensating for it. (Whether the "plateau" is a genuine one or not remains to be seen).

For NSV's for this week, I have the following:

1. Several people from church have commented on my recent weight loss success (I'm sure part of this is due to the fancy new clothes too). In fact there hasn't been a Sunday in October yet where someone (always different people) hasn't complimented me and most times it's multiple people.

My favourite comment was yesterday from a lovely Senior Sister (our polite reference to the over sixty folk) who when chatting with me about it and learned I was far from finished losing, indicated that she thought I was fantastic just as I was!! :hug::hug:

2. Another one was that we had gorgeous weather yesterday so we took the kids on a long walk and I didn't need a rest on a park bench!! I have definitely noticed an increase in my endurance and energy levels!! :cool1:

3. And the last one that comes to mind is that this jogging is changing my body!! :yay: I was shaving my legs in the shower the other day and I had my leg up on the ledge. Colour me surprised when I noticed some serious muscle definition in my calves!! I still have a ways to go before my thighs look good :lmao: but my calves are starting to look quite shapely!! :thumbsup2

Congrats to all the other losers!! :rotfl2: (That never gets old!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter