When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Hey everybody! So sorry I've not been on in a few days. No excuse really, just haven't been on the computer unless it was to track points.

I'm down -2.2 this week. I have 11 to go, keep your fingers crossed I won't sabotage myself which I usually do.

Julie - YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!! 3 miles is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes when you take it to the streets. Don't worry about your pace, you're doing great, and if you entered a disney race you would finish at that pace. (by that I mean you wouldn't get swept off the course at that pace).
Princess Half here comes Julie!!!

Dana - so glad you got to exchange your corset. Would've hated for you to have spent the money for nothing.

Patrick - So glad you have fun at homecoming. Makes a big difference when you feel good about yourself doesn't it?

Amanda - I'm sorry you're having to go through all that you are with Piper. Here's some :grouphug: and I hope that you get everything straitened out at her school soon.

Barb- thanks for sharing about the tootsie pops (& Julie on the rolos) I'll have to stock up too.

Haunted Momma - :lmao: on smelling the big mac & licking the cracker!! So sorry you had your wisdom tooth pulled, but that comment was funny!!

Indimom - WTG on losing 6 pounds!! That's fantastic!

Ok - so life hasn't been too interesting around here. I had the whole house to myself on Saturday & it was bliss, pure bliss. DS was at his Nana's & DH had to work his 2nd job. I watched tv & vegged all day. It was wonderful.
Ran 12 miles Friday morning, then DH & I went on a date-night Friday evening. That was fun and way overdue. I had 36 activity points for the week & about 27 flex points so I ate a great dinner & didn't worry about it at all. Saturday I got right back on the raft & stayed on track the rest of the weekend.....but now I couldn't tell ya what I ate :rolleyes1

Monday -
brkfst - grits w/1serving of egg beaters, coffee w/creamer
lunch - deli turkey, laughing cow wedge on 5 crackers, roasted cauliflower & broccoli
dinner - 3oz grilled chicken on a salad w/light toasted asian sesame dressing
dessert - 2 cinnamon graham crackers w/0 point hot chocolate

point total 20
exercise - ran 3.5 miles

Oct 11 done
veggies done

Heeelllooooo! I'm still here.:lmao:

I am still here and still plugging along. Life and business has just gotten in the way which with business is a great thing cause it means I am making money. Anyways just wanted to let you all know I am still here but I haven't had a chance to weigh in in a couple of weeks. I will try to get on the wii next Monday for weigh in. I know I am down cause I can feel it (If that even makes sense) but can't tell you for sure.

I posted something here but it seems it went into the great abyss!!

To recap...

I've lost 10 inches in 15 weeks!!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

I've lost one inch off my bust, four off of my waist and five off of my hips!!

So excited!!

:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1:

Oops, forgot to check in on Monday again... this week has been pure Hades so far with school and work. I'm not gaining or losing, it is actually no change at all from last week down to the tenth decimal point! However, I did notice my body changing shape when I went to REI to shop for a new fleece jacket. Out of habit, I tried on a large size since that's what I always get. It was huge, so I tried on a medium and it was still pretty loose. I thought, wow, should I? So I put on a small and it fits perfectly! :love: Granted, I think this small size runs a bit bigger than other brands (this one is made by REI), but hey, I'll take it! Plus it was on clearance because it was last year's model :woohoo:

To recap...

So excited!!

Congratulations! That's so awesome! :banana:

I will work on this week as I can. Leaving for airport in 30 minutes and need to shower. Finally feeling better this morning and hoping the 20 total I have lost is not re-gained on WDW food!!!

Love ya guys!!! :grouphug:

Have a great trip! That reminds me, I need to finish reading your last trip report. I sure wish I'm heading down to WDW this weekend for my birthday, but that trip is being pushed back to next spring break instead. Oh well...

I also went shopping!!! I found two new pairs of pants for work, a little jacket, a leopard print sweater and tank to go under it, winter boots and gloves (Lands End inlet sale!!) I think I got it all for a little more than $100! The tan pants need to be hemmed since I couldn't find any in petite, but they were only $20 and my mom said she'd hem them for me! The pants - are both a size SMALLER than anything I own!!! The one pair says something about instant slimming on the tag! But you know, they just can't do anything about my muffin tops!!! I need to work on those myself I guess!

Don't you just love getting smaller sized clothes? I am going to admit every time I go to the bathroom, I'm doing a little happy dance on the potty when I see the size tag. Um yeah, maybe a little TMI :lmao:

To recap...

So excited!!

Oops, forgot to check in on Monday again... this week has been pure Hades so far with school and work. I'm not gaining or losing, it is actually no change at all from last week down to the tenth decimal point! However, I did notice my body changing shape when I went to REI to shop for a new fleece jacket. Out of habit, I tried on a large size since that's what I always get. It was huge, so I tried on a medium and it was still pretty loose. I thought, wow, should I? So I put on a small and it fits perfectly! :love: Granted, I think this small size runs a bit bigger than other brands (this one is made by REI), but hey, I'll take it! Plus it was on clearance because it was last year's model :woohoo:

:banana: :cool1: Those are both so awesome. I'm nowhere near that point yet, but can't wait to see these kinds of changes! Congrats!!!!

10/12/10
Breakfast: cream of wheat, grapefruit, coffee. 6pts.
Lunch: potato, green beans, brussel sprouts. 5pts.
Dinner: chicken soup and toast. 8pts.
Snack: pretzels and marshmallows. 6pts.
Total: 25 pts.
Water: 60 oz.
Excercise: 3 miles.

10/12/10 DONE
VEG DONE

Well, we're home and somewhat settled in, though I admit to still having some unpacking to do :rolleyes1: I am back on track, but also happy to report that in spite of myself I'm -4.8 total for the past two weeks! That leaves 7.2lbs to hit my first goal of 50 lbs off, and only around 4 to hit the 199 mark! I'm hoping two weeks!

Julie- LOVE all the new clothes, I meant to say that before! While we were in Charlottesville I was able to pick up a short sleeve and two long sleeve workout shirts (the ones made of the slinky stuff) for less than $4 a piece on clearance..best of all I am now fitting into Old Navy XXL's, which is a new development! I'm down almost 4 sizes in slacks (the 18's are just fitting). Unfortunately the twins are not hip to the weight loss thing, so I'm still a dd cup! Murphy's Law! XLs are still way strained across the chest..bleh.

Sheree- Woohoo for new clothes for you too!

Leen- Maintaining is okay in my book! Very cool you could get into a different size..and clearance is always a good thing...now back on the raft with ya matey!

Dana- You'll get to those changes before you know it!

Dawn- Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation, I'll pm you my weight here shortly so I can get back on the charts!

Hey Amanda...great job on the weight loss!! Glad you're back home.

Did Piper get our package?? I hope so, we sent it ages ago!

I have the same b o o b problems. Lost inches in band width but the cup size is still DD so I have to wear size 16 still up top when really it should be size 14. Still, if I HAVE to lose slowly in one of the main three areas, THAT'S the one to lose slowly in!

Glad you're home and had a good weigh in!!

We have not gotten your package yet :( On the upside, I checked with the hosp before we left, and they will forward it to us. I apologize, I meant to let you know that before and it completely slipped my mind! Hopefully we'll get it in the next day or so, the mail from there to here only takes a day.

10/13
brkfst - grits w/tsp brummel & brown yogurt spread, coffee w/creamer
lunch - deli turkey (3oz), 5 crackers w/laughing cow cheese wedge spread on them, orange
dinner - bratwurst(yum) in bun, small baked potato w/tb light sour cream & tsp brummel & brown, salad w/o&v dressing

points total - 22

exercise - swam 2000 meters

oct 13 done
veggies done

~bree~

Well, we're home and somewhat settled in, though I admit to still having some unpacking to do :rolleyes1: I am back on track, but also happy to report that in spite of myself I'm -4.8 total for the past two weeks! That leaves 7.2lbs to hit my first goal of 50 lbs off, and only around 4 to hit the 199 mark! I'm hoping two weeks!

Julie- LOVE all the new clothes, I meant to say that before! While we were in Charlottesville I was able to pick up a short sleeve and two long sleeve workout shirts (the ones made of the slinky stuff) for less than $4 a piece on clearance..best of all I am now fitting into Old Navy XXL's, which is a new development! I'm down almost 4 sizes in slacks (the 18's are just fitting). Unfortunately the twins are not hip to the weight loss thing, so I'm still a dd cup! Murphy's Law! XLs are still way strained across the chest..bleh.

Sheree- Woohoo for new clothes for you too!

Leen- Maintaining is okay in my book! Very cool you could get into a different size..and clearance is always a good thing...now back on the raft with ya matey!

Dana- You'll get to those changes before you know it!

Dawn- Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation, I'll pm you my weight here shortly so I can get back on the charts!

:woohoo: on the weight loss and finally being home again!

10/13/10
Breakfast: coffee, cream of wheat, grapefruit. 6pts.
Lunch: french toast. 10pts. :eek:
Dinner: brussel sprouts, potato. 4pts.
Snack: pretzels, marshmallows (weird cravings this week): 5pts.
Total: 25 pts.
Excercise: 0. It was raining and lightning so we skipped.
Water: 60 oz.

10/13/10 DONE
Having a rough day again today. Once again, I let having a good week undermine me the following week. I've got to get back in the game. Anybody having a rough day and need to vent a little? - please smack me!!! :duck:

Morning sickness has hit full force. UGH!

I'm still here, still reading. Just focusing on putting one foot in front of the other. This is a whole new experience with a child in school and a little one to take care of.

I think DS7 may start riding the bus in the morning and afternoon. It's just a 3 mile commute to the school, if that. So it wouldn't extend his day by much.

DH is gonna ask if he can work mainly opens for a while so he can be here in the evenings to help with the kids. He's supposed to work x # of closes, opens and mid shifts a week. He is gonna try to get an exception for the next few months.

Praying that the morning sickness doesn't linger into the second trimester. REALLY want to go to Disney at Christmas.

My hormones are ALL over the map, which I guess is to be expected. But man it's exhausting.

So proud of the big LOSERs this week. You girls are ROCKIN it.

Amanda- So sorry to hear about all the stress that you are gonna to be going through with Piper's new diagnosis. I hope there is some relief in having some answers at least. Congrats on losing the weight regardless of being out of your home environment for so long! That's awesome that you are so close to your 50lb goal and ONEderland!

Julie- Yay for the loss and yay for all those inches!!! I totally agree that the bust is the last place I care if I lose! :worship: on 3 miles!

Leen - :woohoo: on a small jacket!!!

Bree - HOORAY for a day all to yourself!! Sounds heavenly!

Be back later guys! :grouphug:

DH sent me off to the mall today with his blessings in quest of some new golf shirts (for him) so I got carte blanche!!

Who hoo! :woohoo:

I took DS with me and he actually picked out the seven tops we brought home for Daddy. Daddy liked all but one (it was a thin white shirt and his piddiples showed through) so I'm going to go and exchange it tomorrow. DH looks really good in all of the shirts but he wouldn't allow me to photo document his fashion show. :rotfl:

He didn't replace anything else though but upon reflection I decided that was fine with me...more money to spend on my own wardrobe. :rotfl2:

I'm going to get new clothes again in January. I figure I'll be down another size (or two??) by then and can take advantage of the after Christmas sales.

Now all I have to do is resist buying anything else between now and then.

:rolleyes1

Wow!! 48 hours without an entry?? This place is a ghost town!! Eerie!!

Just a quick update...

The entire family went to return DH's unwanted shirt and he exchanged it for a better one (nice light gray one) and then I persuaded him to try on some new jeans (oh my gosh...my husband is soooooo hot!!) in a size 32 waist (down from 36) and a new pair of track pants (he's going to need them for running now that the weather is cooling off).

His mother also paid him a compliment about his weight loss (I get NO LOVE from them, even though I've lost nearly twice as much... :headache: but I'm not bitter....:rotfl: Wonder how long it WILL take before she says something?? Maybe she never will. :confused3

Anyway, had a great time on our date last night but I'm unsure of the points I used as of yet since WW is down right now due to maintenance. I did SEVEN miles yesterday (2.5 jogging and the rest walking) so that I'd be sure to have enough activity points to use without going over.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Well, I'll pop in and say hi!!! You are doing AWESOME!!!! :yay::cheer2:
At least you know you can always get some love from us!

I have yet to wear my new clothes, so no pictures yet.
I'm doing okay - still not managing much exercise, but eating okay - less for sure. Got together with girlfriends last night - didn't do too bad. We were served a white chicken chili/soup and a few appetizers. Good stuff. Then I treated myself to two halloween size mini candy bars. Since I was driving home, only had a half glass of wine.

today I did okay - but didn't eat well planned meals (so far)

B: mini bagel with PB and some SF instant mocha
L: about 5 pieces of General Tso's chicken, slice of bread, a few bites of greek yogurt, something else I can't remember.
D: maybe going out? Might get pizza?

10/16/10
Breakfast: coffee. 2pts.
Lunch: grilled chicken, green beans, corn. 8pts.
Dinner: ham sandwich, pototoes, green beans. 8pts.
Snack: popcorn. 2pts.
Total: 20pts.
Excercise: 0.
Water: 40 oz.

10/16/10 DONE
VEG DONE

Must have been a busy week for everyone. Three days and we're still on the same page! Wow! Hope everyone has been doing well. We did some car "shopping" yesterday (just looking at this point) and were pleasantly surprised to see that we can probably manage a nicer car than we originally thought. Yeah! We've still got lots of looking to do though. We haven't settled on what we want yet. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Helllllooooooo!

Piddiples? :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

I'm back in the land of the living again. What drama one tooth removal can create!! Just going back every day to have them shove gauze in the crevasse. Truly it feels much better tho. It's also caused me to eat way less, way slower. :thumbsup2

jazzercise - a little too soon for this... floor work with hole in jaw? not smart:sick:
2 wheat pancakes w/ blueberries, butter
handful tortilla chips, lightly fried tofu w/ peanut sauce dip, 1 scoop of rice/chicken/veggie dish
walk
10/16 done

Morning everybody! Sorry I've been absent the last few days, but that seems to be the norm for me over the weekends. Looks like the thread hasn't been moving much...what's up with that??
I'm only down a 1/2- pound this week. :confused: I have done everything right, the only thing I can think of is that I didn't drink much water. My allergies are giving me a fit so I haven't felt great or like drinking water.
So on that note, I have a question to throw out for discussion/sharing.

What are some tricks you use to help you lose weight?

For example: I love veggies, & I only get 22 friggin WW points a day. Veggies are 0 so i eat a LOT of them. My trick is that I roast them in the oven. I'll cut up a big batch of broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, spray some non-stick olive oil spray on them, then add some great seasoning (my fave right now is Tony Chachere's). Roast them at 400 for 10-12 mins & I have a great side to eat with my meals. My other trick is when I want something sweet but don't want to add points to my day I drink a cup a 25 calorie hot chocolate.

So what do you guys do? do you have any great little low cal snacks that you eat to get you through the hard times? Do you make sure that you exercise a certain amount to burn extra calories? Do you drink water infused with cayenne pepper? (just kidding about that last one :rotfl:)

Anyway - just thought I'd try to get us talking...

Hope y'all are having a good Monday so far....

~bree~

Happy (?) Monday everyone!

I tell ya, none of us wanted to get out of bed today. We all need another couple of days to just veg, but of course that isn't happening any time soon. This coming weekend we have the Cub Scout camping trip (the whole family goes) and then the following weekend is our Halloween party.

Yesterday I couldn't understand why I was suddenly feeling so frazzled. Then it it me - I was trying to do 4 projects all at the same time. :sad2: I mentioned it to my friend and she said, "Welcome to October." She's right, too. For some reason October is just packed with stuff going on every single weekend.

Bree honey, I feel your pain. Those weeks when you do all the right things and still don't see a big loss (or worse yet, a gain.) I wish I had some wonderful insightful news for you but I never figured out why it happens. It's so dang frustrating when it does! All I can tell you is to not give up. You may see a bigger loss next week or just a normal one.

I'm very interested in your suggested topic, too. Because I really don't have any tips and I could use a few. Mostly where I struggle is the middle of the day munchies. I'm down to 20 points/day (soon to be 19 hopefully) and I'm running out of idea of things to grab when those late-afternoon munchies hit. Most of the stuff I usually grab are 1-point items (hand ful of grapes, an apple, 100-calorie bag of popcorn) but I'm really interested in hearing some 0-point items (other than carrots - I'm turning orange from eating so many dang carrots). I usually need a grab-and-go snack because I'm running out the door to get the kids from middle school.

Oh, as for me I'm -0.4 this week. I'm only 4 pounds from my goal weight - 4 lousy pounds! Right now that 4 pounds feels farther away than the 60 I started with.

Ugh!!

I am up this week! A LOT!! And like Bree, I can't seem to figure out why. I did eat all my points (and I do mean ALL) and I had exercise points up the ying yang (like 43 or 44) but even considering I used every last one of them, I think it sux that I had such a large gain.

I'm up 4.4 pounds which totally negates the rockin' 3.7 pound loss of last week.

DH said it's just cause I haven't yet expelled the weekend's restaurant meals from my system yet (things really slooooooowed down in the output department once I started dieting a few months ago) but even taking that into consideration, I think 4 pounds is a lot to gain over the weekend!!

Trying not to allow my disappointment to turn into depression, so I guess it's best not to talk about it anymore. I wasn't going to report it at first...I was hoping tomorrow's weigh in would be a little better so I was going to "forget" to check in today but DH thinks that's cheating so here I am and here it is and now...let's move on!!

Okay, so to answer Bree's question about what to eat with few points...

Hmm,

I recommend trying yogurt, apples, veggies and dip and hot broth as low point/zero point snacks.

I must confess I rarely get hungry between meals. I've developed a sort of strategy for eating that keeps me going until the next mealtime. My one weakness is after dinner snacking. The kids go to bed at 8:30 pm and usually between then and 9, I get a little something to nosh on. But, I should admit that I don't eat because I'm hungry...it's just an established snack time that DH and I are trying to wean ourselves away from.

I almost always have the same breakfast and lunch and then just switch up dinner options. Horrifying to some, I know but I thrive on routine and can eat the things I love day after day.

Anyway,

So breakfast is an egg and a slice of light processed cheese on a toasted weight watchers whole wheat flat roll. I just scramble the egg in a microwave safe dish that is slightly larger than the flat roll and nuke it for one minute. By the time the roll is toasted, the egg is cooked.

Egg is 2 points
Flat roll is 1 point
cheese slice is 1 point
Total for breakfast: 4 points

Lunch varies a bit but is always my largest meal of the day in terms of points value.

I usually have:
a whole can of campbell's condensed chicken noodle soup (3 points)
another flat roll topped with 1 slice smoked turkey and 1 slice processed cheese (1 point for roll, 0 points for slice of turkey breast (luncheon meat), 1 point for cheese)
12 almonds (2 points)
8 rice crackers (1 point)
assorted veggies (carrots, cuke, celery, etc) (0 points)
yogurt (1 point)
WW lemon cake (1 point)

So, lunch is usually 10 points...I don't always have the soup...not at all lately so when that happens I add an apple and lunch is then only 8 points.

That leaves me 14 points for dinner and after dinner snacks. We have cooked broccoli for dinner a lot and salad too usually and then I try and keep my entree between 5 and 7 points.

I usually have about 6 points left for after dinner snacking. I figure as I lose weight and consequently lose points, this is the place where they will be trimmed.

Pretty much my secret to success is protein. I ensure I have some at every meal and I don't experience hunger unless my mealtime has been delayed for some reason.

I eat breakfast around 8 am
lunch is between 12 pm and 12:30 pm
dinner is between 5:30 pm and 6 pm

I dunno if this is going to help anyone but I thought I'd share anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter