When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

*insert stripper music*

Gelly talking while reaching around underneath her shirt with both arms to attempt to unclasp her bra ..."So mom, yeah, this is what you need to get from the grocery store for Sunday.

Chicken, lettuce, tomatoes...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH FARFANUGIN That freakin hurt!"

Gelly jumping around trying to get the bra off through the sleeves of her shirt, all the while talking to her mom and holding her right arm gingerly against her b o o b s as to not jar her shoulder anymore.

Yeah, Julie. I'd say that's one hot stripper act.

:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

AIMEEEEEEEE!!!! Gooooood Grief!!!

I only have time for a quick drive by today. I had big plans to sit down & go through all the posts & respond, but of course life got in the way...

Here's my tracking for the last two days.

Monday -
brkfst - grits w/1serving egg beaters, coffee w/creamer
lunch - 3 slices deli turkey, bell peppers dipped in light ranch
snack - 1/2c. cottage cheese w/thawed frozen berries
dinner - 3oz "fajita" marinated chicken, 1/2c brown rice, 1/2c black beans, 1 cup broccoli roasted in the oven (yum!)
snack - small apple w/slice extra sharp cheddar cheese
bit of misc eating

total points 22
exercise none :-(

Oct 4 done
veggies done

Tues -
brkfst - grits w/1serving egg beaters, coffee w/creamer (life isn't possible w/o coffee ;))
lunch - 3 slices deli turkey (cajun flavored), leftover roasted broccoli, 1 wedge laughing cow cheese, 5 carr's table crackers
snack - bell peppers dipped in light ranch
dinner - 1 serving mexican brown rice casserole (WW recipe, pretty good), salad w/chipotle-lime vinegarette (WW recipe)

18 points for day so far. I'm sure I'll have a little snack before bed that will take me to 22

Exercise - 3.5 miles on dreadmill w/15-20 mins circuit training

Oct 5 done
veggies done

Sorry to be so quick & anti-social. Hope everyone had a great day &.......

Welcome Danielle!!! :welcome:

~bree~

:welcome: Danielle.

Tracking for 10/5/10
Breakfast: granola, skim milk, coffee. 7pts.
Lunch: chicken noodle soup, crackers. 10pts.
Snack: vanilla wafers. 3pts.
Dinner: broccoli and cauliflower with cheese. 5pts.
Total: 25pts.
Water: 50 oz. Getting closer every day!
Excercise: 3 miles.

10/5/10 DONE
VEG DONE

Getting better -- even though I had a serious NEED for homemade chicken noddle soup (with CRACKERS! :eek:) at lunch, I made it work. So, I'm pretty happy with that.

Have a good day!

I just need to thank you all for making me feel so welcome. :hug: It has given me the support I need to think I can actually do it this time. This is the third day on plan and I really should keep track of the points. Although I am not "officially" doing WW (just not in the budget), I have done it so many times before that I can do it with a blind fold on - hopefully, not hurting my shoulder. :lmao:

I have resisted the urge to weigh myself everyday as well as resisted the urge to go to the vending maching for candy. Saving it all so I can reward myself with a few glass of wine when friends of ours come over on Friday night.

Really hoping I can do it this time and look forward to the journey with all of you.

Does anyone have any good low fat chiken recipes? I don't get home from work until 6pm so crockpot or something fast work great. I get sick of grilled chicken after a while.

Thanks!

I just need to thank you all for making me feel so welcome. :hug: It has given me the support I need to think I can actually do it this time. This is the third day on plan and I really should keep track of the points. Although I am not "officially" doing WW (just not in the budget), I have done it so many times before that I can do it with a blind fold on - hopefully, not hurting my shoulder. :lmao:

I have resisted the urge to weigh myself everyday as well as resisted the urge to go to the vending maching for candy. Saving it all so I can reward myself with a few glass of wine when friends of ours come over on Friday night.

Really hoping I can do it this time and look forward to the journey with all of you.

Does anyone have any good low fat chiken recipes? I don't get home from work until 6pm so crockpot or something fast work great. I get sick of grilled chicken after a while.

Thanks!

:wave: :welcome:

I'm sure you can tell already - folks around here are really supportive and helpful! Welcome to the group!

As for slow-cooker chicken recipes, I've got a yummy one that I found on SparkPeople:

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
Ingredients
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve with rice.

Even the low-sodium taco seasoning has a whole lot of salt in it, so if you're trying to watch that (I know I am...) you can omit it and just use seasonings from your spice cabinet - chili powder, cayenne, etc.

I like to make black beans with it (I used canned but rinse them really well first - again with the lowering of sodium), and cook the beans in salsa.

It's great as a wrap, as well, if you shred the chicken and use a whole wheat tortilla. :)

Thank you for that recipe. That sounds absolutely wonderful! The best part is...I already have all of the stuff in the pantry. Perfect! Thank you soooo much!:woohoo:

Ummmm..............

I might have gone shopping today. :rolleyes1

And I may have spent a lot!!

But I SWEAR it's not my fault!!

Like others on this thread...I needed new bras. I was down to two and neither one of them fit properly so I walked the 2 miles to Walmart to get some new ones. I found three and they were dirt cheap.

Then I checked out the winter coats...I've been wearing the same one for FIVE years now and I've HATED if for the last three. I decided to just see. I found a great one for only $25 so I snapped it up and got a scarf, hat and gloves to match.

Total was $95 after tax for three bras and my outerwear. Not bad, right? All necessities too.

Then, as a treat...I thought I'd shop for a new skirt to go with my chocolate brown fashion boots. I only have two black skirts that currently fit so my brown boots wouldn't get any love this fall if I didn't find something. :idea:

Ummm.....this is when it sort of fell apart. Walmart had no skirts. So I went next door to the mall. I went to Reitmans...and got two long sleeved tops (I have zero in my closet and no sweaters either). That was all, only spent $25...not bad, right?

But no skirt. So I went to Ricki's. I :love: Ricki's. I may have gone a little overboard there. I got 12 items (4 camisoles, 5 blouses and 3 skirts) for $300 after tax. :scared1::scared1::scared1: Oopsie!!!

In my defense, I look friggin' fantastic in these clothes. I'm going to try and get DD to take some pics of me all dressed up tonight.

But when I post them.....

Can you try to refrain from noticing....

That none of it goes with my brown boots!

:laughing::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

OMG!!! Thank you so much for making me laugh so hard. I thought I was bad. I really needed a pair of jeans and Lane Bryant had some on clearance for $19 so I grabbed them and two tops for $45 after the discount plus free shipping to a store. Now....I just hope the jeans fit. I have such trouble with jeans.

Maybe you will just have to get a new pair of boots to go with all of your new clothes now. :lmao:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

apparently my TOM has been absent for a reason.

AHEM

Took a test this morning and it was positive.

:scared1: :cloud9: :scared1: :cloud9:

Pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. Definitely was not planned.

If it's ok with you guys, I'd like to continue to post here. I probably won't be doing weigh ins, though I typically lose weight with pregnancy BUT not by trying.

But I would like to continue to be a part of the Skinny Island thread. With my history of gestational diabetes I'll be watching what I eat even more closely now than I have been!

Wanted you guys to know! It's VERY early. Not even 5 wks yet.

I'll keep y'all posted and will be posting often!!!! Love my Skinny Island girls and guy!

:grouphug:

AHEM

If it's ok with you guys, I'd like to continue to post here. I probably won't be doing weigh ins, though I typically lose weight with pregnancy BUT not by trying.

But I would like to continue to be a part of the Skinny Island thread. With my history of gestational diabetes I'll be watching what I eat even more closely now than I have been!

I'll keep y'all posted and will be posting often!!!! Love my Skinny Island girls and guy!

Congratulations and best of luck! I would love for you to keep posting (even though I just joined). I think we can all use all of the support we can get.

Hooray for Aimee!!

Congratulations!!

Of course, keep posting. We need you here and if it's going to be as a coach for then next nine months, then we'll take it!!

Hooray again!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::yay:

CONGRATULATIONS AIMEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what does hubby think? :lmao:

Please keep posting and keep us all updated over the next 9 months:hippie:

AHEM

Ohmygosh!!!! How awesome is that!!!!!
Of course, now it won't officially be just the "two" of you taking on the world in three months, but hey, at least you'll be over the worst by then...:thumbsup2

Ummmm..............

I might have gone shopping today. :rolleyes1

And I may have spent a lot!!

But I SWEAR it's not my fault!!

In my defense, I look friggin' fantastic in these clothes. I'm going to try and get DD to take some pics of me all dressed up tonight.

But when I post them.....

Can you try to refrain from noticing....

That none of it goes with my brown boots!

LUCY, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO.... :laughing:
You are cracking me up, lady!
Totally been there, done that. Takes some "smooth talking" to get a shopping spree like that past the hubby's bank account radar. Good Luck!

Then, as a treat...I thought I'd shop for a new skirt to go with my chocolate brown fashion boots. I only have two black skirts that currently fit so my brown boots wouldn't get any love this fall if I didn't find something. :idea:

I LOVE this!!! And your brown boots so need the love, right?! Julie, I think it is so great that you have lost all this weight and you are feeling so good about yourself. Show us these pics that you look friggin fantastic in!!!

Aimee - Congratulations!!! How exciting for your family. I have baby fever so badly right now, so please keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!!

Dana - that salsa chicken looks YUMM-O! I'll be trying it too.

~bree~

DH laughed when I told him about my little spending spree. I'm quite fortunate that way, if I'm happy...then he's happy.

He doesn't care about the money...in fact he wants to get some new stuff too!! :faint: He's down 30 pounds and I was just telling him that much of his wardrobe is getting sloppy because it's too big. He agreed with me but resisted my suggestion to get some new stuff. Apparently since then he's changed his mind.

:thumbsup2

He'd rather have a root canal than shop for clothes so when he suggests updating his own wardrobe, it's a BIG deal. I'm delighted. If he let me at his closet...there'd be a lot of naked hangers in there. He's wardrobe has needed an overhaul for YEARS, so I'm pretty happy he's interested in getting some new things.

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around here for a while, but I just got through with Exam Week. It's been tough, and I can't believe I'm already through a quarter of the year. Needless to say, the stress of exam week has added 3 pounds back on to my weight. :(

However, I'm not jumping off the island yet.

And, my homecoming is Saturday. Woop Woop!

Can't wait to wear my NEW SMALLER! clothes, and have a fun night.

I hope all is going well for everyone on here :)

~ Patrick

And I leave y'all with a quote that I really like, hope y'all do to.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10/6/10
Breakfast: granola, coffee. 8pts.
Lunch: tuna, melba toast, asian veggies. 6pts.
Snack: fig newtons. 6pts.
Dinner: potato, green beans. 5pts.
Snack: fig newtons 2 pts.
Total: 27 pts.
Water: 60 oz. Woo Hoo!
Excercise: 0. I blaim my sis, she was out of town again... It's her fault...:rolleyes:

10/6/10 DONE
VEG DONE

Patrick - I was wondering how your exams had gone. Glad you're through with them, and getting ready for a fun weekend.

Wednesday
brkfst - apple w/piece of extra sharp cheddar cheese, coffee w/creamer
lunch - 3oz deli turkey, wedge of laughing cow cheese spread on 5 carr's table crackers, orange
dinner - 3oz sirloin patty, few roasted potatoes, big serving of roasted broccoli & cauliflower
snack - 0 point hot chocolate, 2 cinnamon graham crackers, pudding cup

Points total - 22
exercise - none (rest day)

Oct 6 Done
Veggies done

I spent the dray going through DS's closet switching out 3T clothes for 4. Getting all his new fall/winter clothes hung & folded. This always makes me so sad. Motherhood is such a bittersweet job. I love seeing my boy grow & learn but the further he gets from being a baby the sadder I get. :sad2: I loved him as a baby, he was so sweet & cuddly, now although we have our sweet moments, he's 3 going on 4 so I spend the better part of most days banging my head against the wall. :rotfl2: Having another is not in our near future at all so it makes me even more sad. BUT I haven't jumped off the raft so that's a plus right??
Seriously any of you other moms go through this??

~bree~

AHEM

:dance3: How fun! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Bree - 3-4 age of my DS was my favorite. He's 12 now!! Enjoy every minute of it :lovestruc

Welcome ccgirl:yay: It's great to have a place to stop and chat w/ folks in the same boat...hopefully someday on the same island:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter