When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Can anyone help me get out of the gluttony of doom I put myself in yesterday???

Good Golly it was bad.

I know what I screwed up on. I did not plan and take food with me to Baylor's game. I am minuscule moments away from TOM and that SOB taunts me more than a stripper pole does the Girls Next Door. (Kendra is now a Minnesotaaaaan btw since her hubby just got bought up by the Vikes!)

It technically started at 2 a.m. since my oldest dog is having old man bladder issues and was up to go to the bathroom at that time. How is it possible to be asleep and then 2 seconds later starving the second you are awake! The double chocolate cake I made with Dan over the weekend when he was home, has been something I had abstained from until that moment. Then 2 forkfuls later and a chug of milk, I was realizing I was in crazy snarf mode. Forced the fork down and drank a big glass of water and went back to bed.

So I woke up yesterday for the second time, already having lost a ton of points! :mad:

I then ate 2/3 cup of Grapenut flakes with 1/3 cup of milk and a big glass of water. :littleangel: MUST GET BACK ON TRACK!

Well around noon, I am jonsing for Mexican, eat what I have not bought for the house in eons but had over the weekend: Frozen burritos! They were 6 points each which actually surprised me since that is right on par with many WW frozen meals. Really enjoyed 2 with 2 tablespoons of sour cream and hot sauce.

Left for Baylor's game with 4 points left to have for the day. At 3 p.m.! :teacher: :scared1:

I should have brought snacks with. I should have not thought I can hold out for 3 1/2 hours when I last ate at noon. I should not have felt guilty for using the extra points which I know I would have done because they are there for us to use and like I said, I like to give myself a bit extra a day vs a splurge.

So what did I do?

I left the field and drove to the border.

Repeat:

THE BORDER.

Flippin Chihuahua!

I proceeded to order 2 glasses of water, a Nacho Bell Grande, a hard shell Taco and a 5 layer Burrito.

Yes I am confessing my sins here.

I have no idea why I was so famished but I do know if I would have had my stupid RESTAURANT GUIDE FROM WW WITH WHICH I BOUGHT!!!!!!!! I would have asked the man who gave me my gluttony of beef & bean to just slap me with a chalupa.

I did manage to eat nothing else all night minus 1 86% cacao Ghiradellhi individual chocolate square w/ a sprinkle of sea salt since why not increase my sodium for the day?

That's right folks...I managed to splurge my way past my extra point allotment into the RED zone!

I had never been to the red zone before.

The red zone is what even WW puts up as a big Fat Flag saying...Holy Hefty Batman...ya might want to slow down a bit their eh?

so I showed a -11.5 in my extra points on my tracker. :eek: :rolleyes1

But...here is where I am proud of myself.

I decided to implement plan B.

I decided to figure out how I can undo the fat pocket I was firmly placed in for the week.

Of course, that means through activity!!!

I can reclaim my pride by working my feet to the blisters and start moving my hiney!

So I tracked my whopping 16 minutes from yesterday...btw - I did a Mapquest Pedometer thinga ma bob and found out I averaged 2.4 mph yesterday in those big 16 minutes!

That meant I got 1 activity point!

Today - I walked/was pulled by the old dog who started this 2 night ago and believe me I explained to him as he was panting he could suck it up cause Mamma was none to happy herself!

I walked 40 minutes - 1.8 miles - for an increase to 2.7 mph! I am also sure I lost a few calories having my arm tight to yank his happy hiney on the street when he wanted to mark his territory with his ancient wee.

Today - Gained 2 more activity points...If I just bump it up to 20 more minutes...I get 2 more so that is the goal tonight! (Not sure but 40 minutes must just be on the cusp of 3 points since you get 2 for 40 minutes and 4 for 60! :confused3)

So I am proud to say that my red zone number is dropping and I will be at dead even or better before I go for weigh in on Monday!!!

Well SEPTEMBER 28th...is done!!!!

Than You Lord!!!!

Well, I saw Dawn swimming around and apparently felt sorry for her....so if you heard a big splash last night...that we me jumping in to keep Dawn company.

:lmao:

I did EXACTLY the same thing...only with pizza!! I'm also in the red zone and I have to work my tail off for the rest of this week to try and break even (19 points over for me) so I end up working off the 10 SLICES OF PIZZA I consumed for heaven only knows why last night. I can't blame it on TOM or stress or ANYTHING...it was just there, ya know?

It wasn't even good pizza. In fact I commented on that fact, right before I helped myself to another slice, and then another, and then another.:sad2:

I'm was up four pounds this morning but some of that was because the pizza was still in my stomach.

DH was his ever kind and patient self who assured me that if I get in my exercise for the rest of the week, I shouldn't see a permanent gain but I think it would serve me right.

Surprisingly, I'm not upset with myself at all. I think it was an incredibly stupid thing to do (I'm lucky I didn't make myself sick, quite frankly) but I'm over it. If I focus on it too much, I run the risk of turning this one off error into a downward spiral of detrimental behaviour.

So, because I was still full of pizza this morning I only had half an apple and a ton of water for breakfast. I would have skipped eating entirely but I know it's better to eat first thing in the morning to get the metabolism revved up, so I dutifully munched away.

Lunch was normal...I'm just finishing it and dinner should be normal as well. I'm even going to have a snack tonight (staying within my daily points of course) just to teach my body that it's back to business as usual.

I'm going to make up those 19 points or die in the attempt, but I'm still going to expect a 2 pound gain for Monday's weigh in. In the event that it's less or I maintain, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I don't think I'll lose anything. That's a LOT of friggin' pizza.

LADIES - GET BACK ON THE RAFT!!!! THERE'S SHARKS IN THAT WATER!!!! :lmao:

Okay, done amusing myself. Just stopping in to recharge my struggling willpower. It's soooo hard to get back in the groove this week after being B-A-D most of last week, and I really want those 2 pounds to disappear again.

Must keep telling myself, I can do it...Stroke, stroke, stroke. (Did these rafts come with oars or are we dependent on the wind and tides here? :confused3 :goodvibes)

Have a good rest of the day, y'all!

dawn & julie - good for you for owning it & getting right back on the raft!

We all have those days - heck some of us (me) have those weeks & even months where we eat & eat & eat..........
You're doing the right thing by getting back on track and getting in those activity points. Hopefully it'll even out by weigh-in day.

Julie - since you are overboard I will just throw you a big ole maple glazed doughnut with sprinkles! :lmao: (it is actually the pic on the Google ad scrolling up at the top right now. Bastages! ) Seriously...I am glad you admitted this! We will conquer the RED FLAG OF FAT!!! WE WILL NOT BE SHAMED!!!!

YOU CAN DOOOOO IT!!!!

Susan - you crack me up! If I need to use Julie as an oar I am making it to this Island! (She is skinny like an oar now ya know! ;) :lmao: :worship: someday Dawn..someday...)

Bree - Thanks for noticing we are catching this free fall before we hit the ground!

So far today -

Cream of Chicken Soup
2 - Whole Wheat Flat Outs
2/3 cup mixed veggies
2 oz roasted turkey (Yes again! I made a turkey the other day! No butter added for my rub! - just seasoning and a tad bit of olive oil this time. Moist and delicious. I never end up with a dry turkey...The one thing I don't burn or screw up!)
1/2 cup ground turkey sloppy joe/manwich mix (no idea how to count this? :confused3 will need to go add ingredients to recipe builder after I figure out how many 1/2 cup servings there are!)

That is it! I feel really great actually! Hopefully will be able to get through the night w/out a carb /Mexican riddled fiesta!

BTW - I posted some pics of Carsyn on my TR today from her senior pics if anyone wants to see. Just hit on the TR in Blue at the bottom of my siggie. As of now, they are on the second to last page!

Oooooooo!

For some reason (couldn't be the carb FESTIVAL from last night, could it? :rolleyes1) I've having ALL KINDS OF CRAVINGS TONIGHT.

It's not a HUGE deal, I still have several points left for the day but Wednesdays are DH's nights to work late so I have no one here to check me and keep me from repeating last night's craaaaaaaaaaazy overindulgence. Sometimes once I get started I can't seem to stop!!

I tried to go protein heavy today but it doesn't seem to have had the desired effect.

And just to address the issue of me being a paddle...wouldn't I need to be as flat as a board for that??...cause I haven't lost THAT much weight yet!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I think I'll just have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios as my snack tonight and call it a night. If the temptations become too strong, I'll just curl up in bed with a good book until DH gets home.

I AM NOT going to be posting tomorrow about another failure!!

Julie and Dawn - I was so there last week. SO. THERE.

Proud of you both for owning it and getting back on track.

Julie - huge kudos for not being upset with you and realizing that holding onto the negative feelings about it would only further derail you.

As far as your carb cravings go, it's called momentum eating. :rotfl: That's what I've decided to call it. Once I slip a little, I snowball! I'm sure something similar is happening with you after your pizza fest.

Dawn! It made my day to read one of your long funny @$$ rambling posts on here! :hug:
Sorry to hear about Carsyn's medical issues. Hope they can resolve something soon! Heading over to your TR now to check out the pics!

Jane - hang in there!! You're so close!! Hope work gets easier for you and you were able to cross things off your list!

I have had a good day... after a major emotional breakdown last night. I do this occasionaly. I think it's hormonal driven. And am glad I got it all out of my system.

I'm sure watching Biggest Loser did not HELP. I always cry at that stinkin show.

What did those of you that watch think of the new format? At least for this episode.

I took both boys and tackled our local super grocery store. GOOD freakin Lord.

I have to go a full month in between big trips to the grocery store by myself with both boys to convince myself I enjoy it again. :lmao:

I was flustered. I tend to remember all the things we need but forget the things that DH needs, and even though they were on the list I was going in circles at the end picking up things I had forgotten.

I wish I had been wearing my bugg. I would love to know how many cals I burned running around that stupid place. Thankfully I had worn my tennis shoes and not something less comfy.

Speaking of Body Bugg, I have til Nov 5th before I lose my subscription to their software. I'm gonna try to start wearing it again. And double track in WW and Livestrong until I make a decision.

Still don't know what I want to do.

I'm making chicken and bean tostados for dinner. Can't get enough of those things lately. And they aren't that bad calorie wise. I use reduced fat cheese and light sour cream and don't put a lot of either on. Use mostly white meat chicken and when I re-fry my beans I only use 1 tbsp of canola for the whole pan. :thumbsup2 I can usually get 10 servings out of 1 batch of refried beans. Will have to measure the cups of beans I put in tonight. I'll let y'all know the total cal count.

Top with lots of lettuce and avocao and salsa and they are drool worthy! It's my new favorite thing to make.

Just waiting for it to get a little colder to make tortilla soup and potato soup!! YUM!

Catch you ladies and gent later!

I have had a good day... after a major emotional breakdown last night. I do this occasionaly. I think it's hormonal driven. And am glad I got it all out of my system.

This is our God-given right as women. Weather it be picking up the same toy for the 25th time in one day or watching Oprah, the breakdowns come with no forewarning. My DH just shakes his head and walks off....turd!

Is it REALLY awful to eat way under your points for one day?

It's currently 9:14 pm. I am sitting at 18 points for the day (I get 28) and I'm done. I'm going to run upstairs and have a shower. Then I have a date with a book. I don't WANT anything, I'm not hungry and eating just to use up my points seems like a stupid thing to do.

Plus, I'm terrified that Aimee's right and anything I do have will lead to momentum eating and I just can't handle that again tonight.

The way I see it, some of that pizza was still being processed this morning...maybe some of it can be considered breakfast and I can pretend that I'm at my 28 for today.

Is my argument convincing anyone???

Aimee: I can shop with one of my kids, but not both. Otherwise, I start asking myself why the H, E, double hockey sticks I procreated in the first place. I FEEL your pain!! :hug:

Night all!!

Julie - I say since you had such a bad eating day Tuesday that going under your points yesterday isn't bad. I probably would've done the same thing.

I ate beyond my points range a little last night. Nothing too bad, just 4 points over. I haven't used any of my flex points this week & I already have 11 activity points this week with a 6 mile run to do this morning & an 11 mile run tomorrow. I figure I'll be ok, as long as I don't get the momentum going :lmao:
I like to save my points for one really good (read bad for me) meal. Like a 5 guys burger & fries. A reg burger w/a reg order of fries is 22 points.

Wed:
brkfst - instant grits, 1 serving egg beaters, coffee w/creamer
lunch - lentil soup, 5 saltine crackers, brown rice w/sugar snap peas salad
snack - 1/2c. cottage cheese w/thawed frozen berries, root beer
dinner - baked lemon shrimp(WW recipe) over 2oz. linguine, salad w/2 pt. dressing
dessert - jell-o pudding cup
munchies - handful parmesan goldfish (this is what sent me over)

Points -26.5 (trying not to freak out at this)

No exercise - rest day

Sept 29 done
veggies done

Off to get Lucas ready for pre-school & me ready for my 6 mile run

~bree~

Morning!

I did well for the rest of the night yesterday. I will post all the results here in a bit.

This morning I stepped on the scale and expected to have lost at least 10 or 12 pounds...and alas...only 1.

Why is it that you can gain 8 pounds in one Taco Bell Binge Fest (well not really but at least a good 4) and then it takes a year to see that gone from the scale? I mean God, I actually walked yesterday for 40 minutes. Not any more than that but throw me a bone...not a burrito! :lmao:

cereal/skim
nutrigrain bar
laughing cow wedge/rice crackers,rice soup,2 mini choco pieces
1 cup pasta salad
1/2 ground turkey/red sauce/cheese sub
9/29 done

not much to report! Haven't been moving very much this week. Work, dinner, couch. Bad plan, I know.

I didn't get to post yesterday as I was in between sleeping, feeling yucky, then hurling (TMI):sick:. Still feeling yucky today, but at least the pukeys are over - I hope.

Here's my tracking for the past couple of days.

Tuesday, September 28th...
Bfast: Bagel, scrambled egg w/ cheese (359)
Lunch: McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad (400)
Dinner: 1/2 Hardee's chicken sandwich (240)

Total Cals: 999

Wednesday, September 29th...
Bfast: none
Lunch: 1 pc. dry toast (110)
Dinner: 1 pc. dry toast (110)

Total Cals: 220 (do the calories count if you can't keep them inside?):confused3

SEPTEMBER 28TH DONE
VEGGIES DONE

SEPTEMBER 29TH DONE

Hi guys/gals!
I have been doing okay - but I have to agree with those of you on the grocery shopping with kids - I'd have to add DH to that too!! It's nuts!! DH always complains I don't buy "his" stuff or "good"stuff, which means junk. I try to tell him there's a reason for that! So now he goes and picks up stuff once in a while! I went last night (alone) and got some nice healthy salad, fruit, greek yogurt and stuff to put a roast in the crock pot. No complaining from anyone! YAY!
I had been tracking and keep misplacing my little pieces of paper!! I really should do it on my phone.

I believe this is Tuesday:
B: Oatmeal
S: granola thin (80 cal)
L: greek yogurt w/ blackberries, veggies w/ dip (NOT low fat), pretzels
S: one Heath mini and one Hershey dark w/almond nugget

I did not really get dinner - had to help a neighbor who was locked out without her phone.
I did eat:
1 sweet cream cheese pretzel (High cal!! it was like 200 something)
and
100 cal microwave popcorn

Good thing I got that 1.9 mile 39 minute walk in!

SEPT 28 DONE

I'll try to do yesterday from memory
B: Oatmeal, one bite of apple fritter, coffee w/c&s
L: apple, SmartOnes Thai Chicken/noodles (6 pts?), veggies and dip
D: meatloaf, mashed potatoes
I didn't snack at all!!!
SEPT 29 DONE

Quick drive by post. About to have to get ready to go to the DMV with a 2 year old! FUN!

I did get my body bugg out and charged and got all the old memory dumped and started a new 'program'. Figured out what my calorie target and burn targets are and am set with a goal of New Year's Eve. A loss of 24 lbs ( I think) 1.8 lbs a week.

So I woke up and put the bugg on this morning. Feels good to have it back on.

We'll see how things go for the next few weeks and then by October 20th I'll need to decide about WW v. Livestrong. Don't wanna pay for Body Bugg and WW software.

I'll be back with cal count for my chicken tostados from last night and hopefully to catch up!

Have a great day! Wish me luck at the DMV! UGH!

Quick drive by:

Exams are next week....my life's stress = AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Either way, still maintaining!

Talk to ya'll later!

Ummmm.....

Those freaking tomatoes are ruining my life!!:scared1::eek::scared1::eek::scared1:

Okay, I was a bit of a drama queen there, but seriously...they've taken over!! Thank goodness I'm done with cleaning, preparing, processing AND delivering them. I only have a bowlful of fresh ones left here and if I can't eat them all or get rid of them all...I won't stress about throwing these few out!

So dealing with them all week long has left me with little time to formally exercise. Today was a bust. My total exercise consists of a trip down to the bus stop. Ten minutes walking equals ONE point. One lousy point. That's an all time low. :sad2:

Tomorrow, I am tomato free. :woohoo: I have some housework to do which will earn me a few points and I plan to do three miles in the morning and another workout (hopefully three again) in the afternoon. I have DS home with me all day so I'm going to bribe him with Disney dollars to get him to leave me alone long enough to get these two workouts in. With some dedication, planning and a little luck, I should be able to earn myself 10 points tomorrow...MAYBE even 12, leaving me about 8 to 10 to accumulate on Saturday, although I MIGHT be able to squeeze a walk in on Sunday. (I usually treat that day as a day off.)

DH has been super supportive. He's suggested a few activities we can do together on Saturday (as a family) that will help me earn more exercise points.

BUT, I do think I am going to fall a little short of that 19 point goal. I'm okay with it. Having a small gain that you can explain sure beats a gain that you can't. I HATE it when I weigh in after being amazingly good all week and then I step on the scale prepared to dazzle myself with my huge weight loss and end up going...what the crap?!?!?!? :headache:

I finally got a hair cut today. I've been putting it off for months and I'm growing out a perm so the ends were pretty ratty. I got about four inches hacked off and my hair feels so much healthier. It's collarbone length now and so much LIGHTER!!

My stylist joked that I'll probably enjoy what the scale has to say to me tomorrow. I have thick hair and he told me that I would probably be surprised to learn how much my hair actually weighs.

Hey, if it helps counterbalance the pizza, I'LL TAKE IT!! I don't care if it's cheating...a loss is a loss!! :rotfl2: I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be happy with tomorrow's weigh in...it always takes me two days to shed water weight, especially when I have a really high sodium day (I REALLY wish I was a sweets craver) so weighing in today was pretty pointless. That didn't stop me though. :rotfl:

I guess I should count myself lucky...all that pizza only netted me a four pound gain overnight...poor Dawn's had to endure twice that!! :hug:

Well, I'm off now....have a great night everyone!!

Breakfast: LC ham and cheese breakfast pocket
lunch: Quaker "quakes" creme brulee, LC macaroni and beef
snack: Campbells Chicken and Noodle Soup on the Go
Dinner: Baked Chicken with Low Fat Cheese, salad with LF Italian, green beans, sweet potato

TOTAL 1204

9/30 DONE!!

I am happy to report that although today was probably the worst day for stress in a very very long time, I did not eat anything bad. Even though I wanted to eat a large pizza!
I got to the gym at 4:30 this morning, and did my routine. An hour later I walked out to find my car window smashed out and my purse stolen.:scared1: (Yes I know, I should not have left my purse out in the open) This is pretty gutsy, because at least 20 people can into the gym or left the gym while I was there. Nothing else was touched not even the cash in the cup holder. :confused3
I took the day off work and spent hours upon hours calling credit card companies, banks, and everything. My phone, the Social Security cards for the whole family, and of course I just bought the purse and wallet last week too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter