When did Disney switch from paper to plastic?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
Ever since I've been going (1994) the bags at Disney have been plastic.

We found this paper bag at my grandmother's which contained her lei from staying at the Polynesian circa 1978-83, she went three times during those years.

Anyone know when they switched over? I'm just curious!

DSCN1242.jpg

Don't know when they switched, but after having a printed bag bleed all over the contents when it got wet, I'll never put anything at risk of being dyed in a printed paper bag ever again.

I guess it's plastic for a while then.

We've been going since 1986 and I think it's been plastic since then.

I remember bags like that paper one being used between 1982 and 1987 - we used to live in FL and went to WDW a lot duirng those years. I *think* the change occurred after we moved in July, 1987.

I remember those bags, too! I don't remember when they switched to plastic.

Maybe around the same time they replaced the paper straws with plastic ones. ;)

Bags from my first trip were plastic, in '85. I wore one as a poncho, so I'm sure. I was too small for a "real" poncho, so I wore a gift bag. heh

I have no idea when they switched but its cool to see the older bags. I'll have to show dh this thread. He's been going to WDW since1976. He would probably like being reminded of his "good old days" lol

My first trip was in 1979 and that is exactly like the bags from our first trip! It was cool to see it!

I just found 2 paper bags yesterday from a trip in 1984 around Christmas time. It is cool to come accross classic WDW items. I think we have the time of the change to plastic narrowed down to early 1985.

Stephanie in Idaho
Just back from DL
Only 95 days till a family trip to WDW :tinker:

I don't know when they switched but those were my favorite bags....they smelled so good!

I remember those bags too... make sure you save it....it is already collectible, I am sure.

We started going in the late 70s and they had those paper bags then. We may still have a few around here. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter