• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When did colored Toilet Paper disappear?

I don't recall seeing any. I recall Kimberly-Clark used to prominently market Kleenex with "We have colors", with the standard blue and pink boxes having the same color tissues.

I remember both toilet paper and Kleenex . The Kleenex was used to make wedding flowers for the cars now they use plastic ones if at all. Remember making boxes and boxes of pink ones.

We Canadians live such a sheltered life!
I'm an early baby boomer, and I don't recall ever seeing coloured TP. For the exception of a Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas Novelty!!

Any Canadians here that have?

I'm an early baby boomer, and I don't recall ever seeing coloured TP. For the exception of a Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas Novelty!!

Yes see Post #11. The "modern" coloured stuff is available at Canadian WalMarts nationwide as we speak.

Yes I remember it well and I do believe I saw black in Walmart not too long ago.

"With Comfort Cushions" :rotfl2:
green-tp.jpg

Ok, I will be 44 in a few weeks and I have to say that I have NEVER heard of colored TP. Learn something new everyday.

I bought a massive amount of green toilet paper to match the bathroom at our apartment at college. The price was so low at the base commissary that I went a bit nuts and loaded up the camper back of the pickup truck my father had, never thinking I had to store the stuff somewhere. My roommate and I had them under our beds, tops of closets, cabinets...She swears to this day it traumatized her, lol! This was back in 1977.

Both my grandmothers always had colored toilet paper in their bathrooms. I was in high school the last time I remember seeing it in the stores.

We have tons of it here, pink or/and with patterns on - I don't use it though - ours is white

I also remember about ten years ago Cottonelle had pink for Breast Cancer for a few years.

We have colours in England. Peach or pink are common and white with patterns. They are themed around holidays too so snowmen etc at Christmas and bunnies at Easter. We also do scented...

"With Comfort Cushions" :rotfl2:
green-tp.jpg

Awwww.....cute kitty.

Why do manufacturers insist on calling the product "bathroom tissue?" Are they trying not to offend anybody by using the word "toilet?"

Or have consumers been calling the product the wrong name all along?

Awwww.....cute kitty.

Why do manufacturers insist on calling the product "bathroom tissue?" Are they trying not to offend anybody by using the word "toilet?"

Or have consumers been calling the product the wrong name all along?

Or "bath tissue", which is even further off from the truth. However, the jumbo package of Kleenex Cottenelle I bought at Costco is labeled as "toilet paper", so at least there's some truth in labeling. However, they seem to also label as "toilet tissue" as well.

I kind of miss the regional brands, like Nice 'N Soft. All the regional paper companies (we had Crown Zellerbach in the west) seem to have been swallowed up by Georgia-Pacific either directly or indirectly. I get why Kimberly-Clark got into the TP business, and P&G had Charmin for decades. However, I can no longer find those brands from my childhood, like Zee paper towels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter