When can I book?

connie1042

DIS Veteran
Here is our story. Going in the end of Sept or early Oct 2014. That right 2014. When would the earliest time to book room only. We are waiting to see what comes out for military discount. We are going to need 5 rooms. Want to stay at CBR. I don't think there is the Grand Gathering thing anymore, or am i wrong? Some are coming from Texas and some from MN. So do we all have to book at the same time, and do we all need the same package. I think I can book 3 rooms on the military discount if one comes out. Anyone care to help out here. I think 4 rooms want the dinning and one does not. I know if we use the military we will not need a package. Two families have tickets. Any help would be great. I am thinking I will book in Oct, since that is when the old Military discount ends and if they are going to offer another one, that should be when it comes out. Thanks.

Rates for the following year typically come out in August of the previous year. I don't know when they release the military discounts. No, you don't need to book at the same time or have the same package. Everyone can simply make their own reservation and then you can link them together. If you want to be in the same building, have adjoining rooms, etc. simply note that on the reservations.

We're planning for that same time. We generally wait for the unlocked website dates, but I have heard in the past that you can call further in advance and book the room only. Not sure how valid that is - we always just wait until the end of summer, book what we need and go from there.

And as someone who goes in October a lot, I would recommend going in September (crowds keep picking up on every trip in October).

You can book room only 499 days out, which will require a deposit equal to 1 nights room rate + tax (per room), with the balance due at check in. You will be quoted at the highest rate for 2013 for your resort/room type, which will automatically be adjusted once the 2014 rates are released. As Marthasor said, the following years rates usually come out in August (although they came out as early as June/July the last year or two). Also as has been posted, not all rooms have to be the same (i.e., the ones that want dining can have dining while others can be just the room). The only stipulation is that everyone in the same room must have the same thing. Keep in mind that if you book room only now and want to change to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full if this is done 45 days or less prior to arrival). Since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. I'm not completely sure how the military discount works, but from what I've read from others, I believe you can book the room + dining without the ticket requirement (just like the AP + Dine works for AP holders). Hopefully someone who is familiar with that discount will be able to give more information on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter