When can I apply for the college program?

feefsaroonz

Earning My Ears
I'm a senior in high school that's going to graduate in late may. I heard that you have to be into a semester in college in order to apply for the program, it doesn't say anything like that on the disney college program website. Could someone clarify this for me? If so I'll try my best to finish as many classes as I can in the summer. I'm really excited about this opportunity and I want to get started as soon as I can :goodvibes

Oh and is anyone an enviromental major, or a biology major in the program? If so what classes are you taking in the program and what exactly are you learning?

I think the reason why you have to wait 1 semester is because you have to be enrolled in a college taking college courses in order to apply. So it wouldn't work if you were still in high school trying to apply for the fall.

You must be in college, taking classes (or already in the college program) at the time of your application. This means the earliest you can start is Spring 2012. I believe that application process starts sometime in August. :goodvibes

If you look at the FAQs section on the website, you will find a question about the requirements in order to apply for the college program. Once you're about to finish your first semester you can start registering for the CP. Just make sure you talk to your advisers to make sure they will accept the internship and if it's okay to apply, I think some will probably tell you to wait and finish some more classes, but I'm sure they will allow you.

Just make sure to look at the FAQs section on the website, they have many questions about what you need to do.

As for the classes you can take in the program, none of them are really science-oriented. They're mostly business classes. For this upcoming fall the ACE-approved classes (the ones you can try to take for transfer credit from your college) are Advances Studies in Hospitality Management, Corporate Communication, Corporate Analysis, Creativity and Innovation, Experiential Learning, Human Resource Management, Marketing You, and Organizational Leadership.

If you want to take classes that are relevant to your major, you could see if there are any online classes your school offers or accepts from Florida colleges for credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter