When bringing wine onboard...

Jade_C

Disney Loving Mommy & Wife
Has anyone brought their own corkscrew to open your bottles in your stateroom? I know they have a corking fee in the dining rooms but I wasn't sure if Disney allowed you to open your own in the privacy of your room? We have cruised before but I have never brought alcohol on board with me. I don't want to go through security and cause a scare with my corkscrew in my bag :lmao:

We just cruised on the Magic Eastern last week. We packed our corkscrew inside a Tupperware large tumbler w/lid (very useful for soda/drinks from Deck 9) and sent it through with checked luggage - NOT our carry-ons (or it would be taken by security). The wine bottles MUST be packed in your carry-ons onto the cruise.
Our room steward noticed that we were wine drinkers, so, a few days into the cruise, 2 clean wine glasses magically appeared every morning by our wine bottles.
The Eastern stops at St Thomas, and wine is rather reasonably priced at the liquor stores downtown (just in case you don't bring enough on board at the terminal). Hope this helps! :cutie:

Has anyone brought their own corkscrew to open your bottles in your stateroom? I know they have a corking fee in the dining rooms but I wasn't sure if Disney allowed you to open your own in the privacy of your room? We have cruised before but I have never brought alcohol on board with me. I don't want to go through security and cause a scare with my corkscrew in my bag :lmao:

No corkscrew needed when you buy your wine by the box. :laughing:

Seriously, we brought two boxes on our Disney cruise & it was very convenient. We aren't picky about our wine as you can tell. We do have a handy travel corkscrew that comes apart & the corkscrew part screws into the plastic handle. I am sure that it can be detected by the x-rays, but have never been questioned at airport security about it.

And there is no charge for carrying a GLASS anywhere you'd like on the ship. You are charged only if you bring your bottle into a dining room.

And there is no charge for carrying a GLASS anywhere you'd like on the ship. You are charged only if you bring your bottle into a dining room.

Good to know :) This year I've decided to bring it with me and then I was lost about how in the world I would open my bottles lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter