When booking a villa

grannyed

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone....I have asked this question before but we have recently moved house and are using a new ISP and I lost a lot of my info....was offline for about 2 weeks.

We have our flights booked and are now looking for a villa....what should I ask the owners etc.

and how do I carry out checks...I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. We have 3 shortlisted at Windsor Hills. Does anyone know how old this resort is?

It's a bit scary isn't it? I've read about villas being repossessed etc.

ANY help, comments, advice and input would be most welcome

Hi,

We have booked out villa ourselves for the last 10 or so trips.

We like to actually speak to the owner, and not just communicate by email, we also like to monitor their website and ask quite a lot of questions in the time leading up to actually making a booking, many villa owners are very keen to rent to you so I usually expect a reply back the same day, many that we have used are super efficient and will get back to you the same afternoon etc.

Where did you find out about the villas that you like? Are they on the DIBB etc, do you know of any other people who have stayed in them? Are there any reviews on the websites from other holiday makers?

I don't think that there is any way of guaranteeing at the moment that the booking will be safe from repossession without asking to see the owners bank statements! :) It's just something that we hope never happens. Know what I mean? Maybe if you are worried a lot about this then you would be better off using an agent to book a villa? I've never done that on it's own but I'm sure there must be people who do that kind of thing?

Windsor Hills is one of the nicest villa developments, and it's ideally located too.
It's fairly new and probably the best in Kissimmee.

I would just as Gems says try and get to know the owner, they would be keen to talk over the phone - personally I would email them initially if you are interested, get a quote and take it from there. Ask as many questions as you like about the villa.

Normally responses are pretty quick and you do get a feel for who you are dealing with, check they have a local Management Company in place also.

Once you have a home you like the look of and know the owners name then you can check the appropriate county websites and between the tax collector,property appraiser and official records will find out you all you need to know regards the possibilty of going into foreclosure .
Askthe owner how many times a year they visit -it takes at least 2 visits a year in order to maintian the home in good condition and update and replace items.
Build up a rapport with the ownrs if at all possible by keeping in contact either by e mail or phone -any owner worth their salt will not mind any number of questions.

All homes rented out must be licensed by the state and county so you can ask to check that if you wish and they have to have a contact number that is available for 24/7 cover if there are any problems.

We have 3 shortlisted at Windsor Hills. Does anyone know how old this resort is?

You have made a great choice.As well as being one of the closest holiday developments to Disney, Windsor Hills is one of the newer gated resorts - they are just finsihing off the last few houses to be built there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter