When boarding ride, what do u do w/ your fanny-pack or backpack?

I like carrying sling-type bags that I can put over one shoulder and across my body. These bags leave you with your hands completely free and can be left in place during rides. I took mine on all the major rides (except Screamin') last week and never had a problem. Just make sure to lift the bag up when the lap bar comes down. It's uncomfortable to have the bag wedged between you and the lap bar. I would just get it situated after the bar came down either on top of the bar (for slow rides like Pooh) or next to me (for Space Mountain or other coasters). Since it's looped around your body, it won't fall off and get lost. Also, if you have the bag on the lap bar, pick it up before the lap bar is released or your bag gets squished between the bar and the front of the car. My mom is not a park regular and I had to teach her the finer points of riding with her purse!

With 2 boys, our biggest problem is their baseball caps. They're always shoving them at me before rides and then I have to juggle them. My solution is a caribeener hook on the strap of my bag or on their own fanny packs. The boys carried fanny packs during our long trip to WDW and could hook their hats to the packs before rides. At DL last week, they didn't have their packs so I put a hook on my bag. I would hook their hats on before the ride and they stayed very nicely.

Had to revive my thread for one more question... backpacks are 50% off at Target right now (since the back-to-school buying frenzy is over), and I have a chance to get a rolling backpack for ten bucks. It's the kind some of the kids use, with a telescoping handle near the top, and a couple of rollerblade-style wheels on the bottom.

Would this be a good idea? Do you DLR veterans see many people successfully rolling their backpacks instead of carrying them, assuming crowds aren't heavy enough to make this impossible?

Of course, this backpack has regular straps for carrying it as well, so I'm hoping I can carry it when I'm feeling energized or when rolling isn't convenient, but roll it when I need a break from carrying it.

What do u think?

I have a rolling backpack, we use it for trips, but I wouldn't carry it on my back very long--they are heavy with the wheels!

I got the JJ Cole Logic bag, and I think it will be perfect for a day bag for DL!

My 2 cents...

--Lisa

Had to revive my thread for one more question... backpacks are 50% off at Target right now (since the back-to-school buying frenzy is over), and I have a chance to get a rolling backpack for ten bucks. It's the kind some of the kids use, with a telescoping handle near the top, and a couple of rollerblade-style wheels on the bottom.

Would this be a good idea? Do you DLR veterans see many people successfully rolling their backpacks instead of carrying them, assuming crowds aren't heavy enough to make this impossible?

Of course, this backpack has regular straps for carrying it as well, so I'm hoping I can carry it when I'm feeling energized or when rolling isn't convenient, but roll it when I need a break from carrying it.

What do u think?

Do they allow rolling backpaks in the park? When I went to WDW, I was told no rolling backpacks. So basically, when entering the park you had to wear the pack, but once inside you could roll it and no one said anything. (Really, it's no different than pushing a stroller or wheelchair, but they said that you PUSH a wheelchair or stroller, but you PULL a rolling pack so that's why they don't allow it.:rolleyes1 ) For some reason, that's what the CMs told me at the MK gate. They said we had to wear it going in, not roll it, or they couldn't let us in. Albeit, that was back in July of 2001. After that I wore it to enter each park and no one said a word. :cheer2:
Would be interesting to hear from a CM as to whether it's allowed or not, and or if they enforce it. I did wear the pack on the rides. I didn't think to put it on the floor and put a strap through my leg. Any CMS out there??? Rolling a pack would sure make it easier to carry around all my camera gear. :) CMs???

I wouldn't use the rolling back pack in the parks, whether it was allowed or not... the wheels on the bottom are heavy and bulky, so you can't really lean back on it if you are sitting... you'd always be moving it around... that's why I got the logic bag, it holds a ton, but looks and feels small... it goes sling style over your back... and it comes with a diaper changing pad, which we don't need so I took it out...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=278285601&pf_rd_i=B0002ZA2A6

--Lisa

I agree with Mommy2PrincessAbby. The bars and wheels would make it too stiff and heavy to bring on ride! If you have that much stuff, I would rent a locker for the day on Main Street, and just keep what you have to absolutely have with you at all times.

And yes Hound...............girls do need their purses and bags!!!princess: :cool1: :lmao:

Well, I don't carry a purse typically and I'll throw my credit card/license in my pocket or my husband puts it in his wallet for me. I know, weird for a female, but since I gave up the purse for the diaper bag, it's just been so much easier!

I pack our backpack just with things for my daughter - clothes, diapers, snacks. That way we never feel like we have to carry our backpack around. The camera is almost always with us in a pocket.

I always wear a big brimmed hat with an adjustable chin strap, at the Disney Parks. At DL last May we went on TOT and I tied the strap to my bag and put my leg thru the strap of the bag and tucked the hat behind my legs. Every thing was going fine till on one of the fall it lifted me off the floor and my hat went flying up, I was lol, but Dh caught it by the brim, thinking it was going to fly away and get lost and knowing it was my favorite hat. He thought he was a hero, till he found out it had been tied on to my bag all a long.:laughing: :rotfl:

I always wear a big brimmed hat with an adjustable chin strap, at the Disney Parks. At DL last May we went on TOT and I tied the strap to my bag and put my leg thru the strap of the bag and tucked the hat behind my legs. Every thing was going fine till on one of the fall it lifted me off the floor and my hat went flying up, I was lol, but Dh caught it by the brim, thinking it was going to fly away and get lost and knowing it was my favorite hat. He thought he was a hero, till he found out it had been tied on to my bag all a long.:laughing: :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I put my backpack on the floor at my feet (except POTC--it sits on the seat next to me--I don't want a wet backpack. On roller coasters and rough rides, I just put one leg through the straps. That works just fine.
On rides that we can all go on, we do the same as Jen.

With two little ones, usually one of us goes on a ride with the older boy (7yo this year) while the other waits with the little guy and the backpack; then we do the child (and backpack) swap. :thumbsup2

We haven't done Screamin' yet, though DS7 is thinking he is tall enough, and wants to try it out this next trip (two weeks.) :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter