When are you going to Disney Land?!

We leave in 10 days :cool1: - we'll be there May 24 through May 30 and are staying at the CCI. My dh and I went to DL 20 years ago on our honeymoon and this is our first time back since then and we are taking our 3 kiddos - ds age 10 and twins, age 5.

We went to WDW last summer so we'll see how the two parks compare. Last years trip to WDW was a bonus my husband earned through his job as being top manager so almost all of it was free and this year's trip is not free. I loved DL when we went there on our honeymoon but I also really enjoyed WDW last year, so I'm not sure which one we'll prefer. I'll see what the kids think. Is anyone else staying at CCI during this time????

So excited for our upcoming trip. :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

June 22-26! I'm taking my 10 baton students down there to participate in the Baton Twirling Spectacular parade down Main Street on June 25th! We are all very excited!!!

We are going June 17th- 22nd
Myself, my husband, our two kids, age 6 and 7
My sister, 11year old niece
and my parents!!!

We are staying at the DLH

We are SO SO excited.. Its my dh and kids 1st time, and I haven't been in over 10 years!!

Here is our itenerary!!

June 17th, Fly in to LAX, Check in to DLH, probably check everything out, and wander into Disneyland for the fireworks that night..

June 18th DL

June 19th DL and DCA

June 20th SEA WORLD

June 21st Charecter Breakfast, DL, DCA

June 22nd Fly home :(

Well.....We were going back Nov. 17-22nd, but now we might be moving it a week sooner due to some unexpected happenings to the 10th-15th.

Don't know where we're staying yet...still trying to decide what to do on that one.

BUT either way we're goin' to DISNEYLAND!!!! WOO HOO!!! :woohoo:

Even my too cool for pretty much everything almost 15 year old said last night out of the blue..."I really can't wait until November" I said, "Why?" (I mean I know why I'm excited for November, but that CAN'T be what he's thinking) He said, "Duh Mom, come on, WHERE are we going in November?" That's MY BOY!!!! :bounce:

My daughter will be 18 in October, the first time she was taken to Disneyland Paris, she was 9 years old and since then we have been twice to Disneyland California, once for 2 weeks and once for 4 weeks and we had 2 weeks at WDW last year (just doesn't compare).
We just love the whole feel of the place, not just the parks, but Anaheim itself and Hollywood and LA, everybody is so nice and friendly and very welcoming(even though they think we're Australian...lol).
We love walking down Main Street on our first morning, we keep pinching each other and saying "we're here, we're here".
I'm sure in years to come I'll be visiting with my daughters children as well.
Love Ella

We're waiting till the Nemo ride is open, as well as the full Monorail tracks. I can't believe we are going to wait so long! :sad2:

On the upside, it gives me LOTS of time to save $$$ - this time around, we plan to stay at the DLH. (We usually stay at BWPPI.) :tigger:

First trip to DL in 3 days :cool1: My 6 year old daughter and my 10 year old.

We are so excited. Have been receiving a lot of good information from DIS, so glad that this forum is available.

Also all the excellent advice from all of those who are DL experts.

I'll be there in 23 days!!

June 7 to the 10th!

Very much looking forward to it! :banana:

CindyH said:
We're waiting till the Nemo ride is open, as well as the full Monorail tracks. I can't believe we are going to wait so long! :sad2:

On the upside, it gives me LOTS of time to save $$$ - this time around, we plan to stay at the DLH. (We usually stay at BWPPI.) :tigger:

We'll go back then ;)

Anyone else get a PM from the OP asking about VMK cards? I've seen other posts, and I'm wondering if the OP is just trolling for VMK stuff :)

Note to OP: I play VMK on occassion, so if I get anything, I'm keeping it! My poor VMK character lacks all the cool stuff everyone else has :teeth:

darren

We leave in 10 days!!!!! :jumping1:

OK, yes, I'm very excited. It's our first trip to DL after a lifetime at WDW. I'm expecting to like it less because it's so much smaller, but I'm still really excited about the new experience. We love all things Disney, and I think the magic of being in Walt's park will be infectious. :mickeyjum:

We are :crazy: to do it, but we'll be there Mem Day weekend. We hate to take time off from work, so we're only going for 3 days. I think we can see most of it in that time. I hope it isn't too :crowded:.

We are only doing one thing special; I booked the Fantasmic package in the balcony for that Friday night. DH doesn't know about that yet! :ssst:

We are staying at Paradise Pier. We really wanted to stay at a Disney hotel, because that's what we're used to doing at WDW. I hope we like it; we chose it over the GC since we'll be mostly in the parks for that time.

Our next trip is in January. Not sure on the dates possibly before MLK weekend like last year or after depending on the refurbs. We will see once that schedule gets released!

I have a trip planned for next summer... combining DL with a Mexican Riviera Cruise. It seems a long ways off, but it's okay - I have some other trips in between :sunny:

We're leaving in 10 days for Hong Kong Disneyland where we'll be staying at the Disney's Hollywood Hotel. We're so excited since we've never been to Hong Kong before. We'll also be going back to Disneyland, CA at the end of summer, Aug 20-27th. We'll be styaing at Park Vue Inn for the 1st 4 nights and then moving to GCH for the last 3 nights since in-laws will be joining us at GCH. By the Aug trip, we'd have gone on 4 disney trips within the span of 12 months. That's the most vacations we've ever had in one year.

We are leaving on June 3rd!!! It's going to be our first trip to DL :banana: I can't wait to see how it differs from WDW. Anyone else going 6-3 thru 6-10?

:hourglass THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!!!

herodrx1 said:
We are leaving on June 3rd!!! It's going to be our first trip to DL :banana: I can't wait to see how it differs from WDW. Anyone else going 6-3 thru 6-10?

:hourglass THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!!!
June 3 - 5th, staying at HoJos. Would have liked to stay for a week like you but alas the kiddies have school. They're playing hookie on the 5th.
All is not lost, we go back for a week in mid-July at the DLH.

I *might* be going to Disneyland Thanksgiving 2006! My sister lives out in Arizona so if we go to see her we will go to Disneyland for a few days. I'M EXCITED, i've never been to Disneyland before, only Disney World (which I am clearly obsessed with) so yeah! :D :thumbsup2 I don't want to get TOO excited in case it doesn't happen (DF may be reluctant because we are going to WDW in September .. our second trip this year) However, I will be planning out everything like where we'll go/eat etc anyway! It's better to be hoping for something than to not be imo! :wizard:

We're going to be at Disneyland July 17 - 22. We'll be staying at the CCI for the first 2 nights and then we're moving to the GCH for the rest of our stay. This is our first time to stay at the GCH. Can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

We're going to DL in 3 days and will stay at Hyatt Hotel for $55 per night.
I still need to find a deal on 1 day tickets. Do you know if there any coupons or other discounts? :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter