When are we supposed to mail census back?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
When are we supposed to mail these back by? Is there a certain date? It says members as of April 1st but we got our last week.
Also, I have received 2 (our complex can go by 2 different addresses)
So I filled one out and on the other I attached a post it saying
Please refer to the form addressed to (our address here) as we received 2 forms. Should I include any other info?
But I am so confused b/c we could go by:

4 ABC Complex
OR
Route 18
APT 4
(the 4 being our apartment # both times)

This one I got
2ABC Complex
APT 4
and then I got one for
RT 18
APT 4 as well

Was it supposed to go to the person living in apartment 2 or me? Are they going to say I opened someone's mail I saw resident and apt 4 so I was assuming it goes to me.

You are supposed to send it back ASAP, based on the people living there on April 1. No need to wait! :)

As for the duplicate issues, I would just fill out one and not worry about the second one that was misdirected to you. Pick the one that you most think matches your address and use it.

You are supposed to send it back ASAP, based on the people living there on April 1. No need to wait! :)

Since April 1st hasn't arrived yet, how do you know who will be living there on that date?

I filled mine out but I'm waiting to mail it.

I did think it was very poor wording, though. The way it's phrased sounds as though you should wait and see who's living in your home on April 1 and then complete and send it in. Should have said "How many (who) will be living in your residence as of April 1?"

I work in a regulatory/standards field, and I'm sensitive to imprecise verbiage, though, so maybe it's just me.

I did think it was very poor wording, though. The way it's phrased sounds as though you should wait and see who's living in your home on April 1 and then complete and send it in. Should have said "How many (who) will be living in your residence as of April 1?"

I work in a regulatory/standards field, and I'm sensitive to imprecise verbiage, though, so maybe it's just me.

No, it was to my understanding that we were to wait until AFTER April 1st as well. That's why I really haven't jumped on it yet....and the fact that I have two and don't know what to do with them!

Nope, not just you. I work in compliance as well, and language is critically important...

The census is a very poorly executed survey document. :confused3

Are you expecting big changes in your household in the next week? New baby? Potential ... loss.. in the family? Then I'd wait. But if not, why bother worrying about losing the thing in the piles (oops, that's me).

Erin

Send it back ASAP! The sooner you send it back the less it cost the Government to count you.

If everyone sent their census form back right away we could the cost of the constitutionaly mandated census a lot cheaper!

Take the 10 minutes to fill it out, put it in the envelope, seal envelope, place in your mailbox, raise red flag. :thumbsup2

My elderly next door neighbor says she is not sending it back until after April 1. She says, you never know if someone dies or the guy who rents a room just picks up and leaves..:thumbsup2 She's very literal...and if it says as of April 1, then she won't know until then!:)

Send it back ASAP! The sooner you send it back the less it cost the Government to count you.

If everyone sent their census form back right away we could the cost of the constitutionaly mandated census a lot cheaper!

If they want it back right away, why did they mail them out so far before the April 1st date?

With the state of the economy, a lot can happen in those few weeks that we can't predict.

My dad was confused by the April 1st part too. I filled mine out the other evening and the next day I got a postcard reminding me to fill it out and return it ASAP! It literally took my 10 minutes to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter