When are resorts decorated for Christmas?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
We might have to move our annual early December WDW trip to the week before Thanksgiving week. Will the resorts be decorated then? I'd hate to miss the beautiful decorations!

The decorations will be up from Thanksgiving to New Years. Although there's a chance you may see some the bulk won't be up when you're at WDW.

Thanks for the info. I know they do the resorts on sort of a "rolling schedule," so I'm hoping they start a tiny bit before Thanksgiving with at least some of the resorts.

We were there the first week in November in 2002 and some of the resort decor was going up. The tree at the BW was up along with some swags. A few weeks after that I am sure a lot more will be up.

Have a great trip!

Last year, they were starting to put them up on Nov 1st. It was amazing to see Xmas decorations popping up the day after Halloween!

Shouldn't the decorations be up for MVMCP on Nov 13th? They light up main st and make it snow. They ned Christmas trees and Characters dressed up?

Charleyann

We usually go in Oct-Nov, and they start to put up the decorations Nov 1st in the parks and resorts. By mid-Nov they are done, however, they don't consistently light them up until around Thanksgiving.

Our last trip we finally got to see the final results!!!

We love going in mid Dec. Love all the decarations.

We are going the week of Thanksgiving and have also asked this same question before! :rotfl2: Is there any way to find out for sure, Re: the decorating schedule?? :rotfl: For us, if decorations will not be up we may rather go for the MNSSHP instead! :Pinkbounc Any Mid Nov help would be appreciated!

We went the week of Thanksgiving from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Thursday until Sunday--all the decorations were up, and Holiday Disney was in full swing. :)

We arrived the Thursday before Thanksgiving last year and left on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. All of the parks were fully decorated, but our resort, the AKL, did not get their decorations up until the Tuesday just before Thanksgiving. Unsure about the other resorts.

we were at akl mid november 2005 & in november 2003 both times the christmas decorations were up at the hotel & beginning to be put up at the parks. enjoy!

Since the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is EARIER this year starting. Wouldn't they have to have up Christmas decorations for the party? How have a Christmas Party without the trimmings? :santa: :santa: :santa:

Charleyann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter