When are PSs most needed?

molenda

Earning My Ears
I haven't been reading much on this board, so I apologize if these are obvious questions. I don't think I want to overdo the PS's in case I want to change my plans. Couldn't they add stress? Are they needed for breakfasts at resorts? Can they be made last minute? Or should I being doing this all now for my May trip?

I consider myself not someone who overdoes my PS plans. We go to WDW 5 trips a year, so I feel like I'm always making PS plans. (Actually I keep my old plans from trip to trip and just modify them). While I always make my lunch and dinner PS, I never make resort breakfast PS. We are very early risers and are always at the restraurant when it opens, usually 7:30AM, we never have a problem getting in. I can't imagine there being too much of a wait during other times. We just returned from 9 day stay at WL and I never had a PS for whispering canyon for breakfast. Even when we were done, around 8:30AM, the resort was still never full. We do always make our dinner and lunch PS before we leave. Usually 30 days or less. But a new tip is, if you plan to do any of the evening EMH, please make a PS if you plan to eat at a sit down restraurant at that park. While there in January we ate at the Plaza at MK and they would not accept any walkins. Though they had tables available to seat people, I don't think they had the wait-staff to wait on additional people. So I'm assuming that they schedule help by their PS schedule. The exact same thing happened at the 50s PT at MGM on late night. It was a little heartbreaking to the guest without PS as the CMs would come out to the LINE and say, if you don't have a PS, we CAN NOT seat you.

You can always cancel your PS - so don't stress it. I would say make them for places that you can't see missing out on. Like character meals or that great restaurant you've been hearing about.

To limit the amount for this last trip, I made PS for a sit down restaurant every night for dinner. This was our trip of trying new things, which included new restaurants. For lunch, we stuck to counter service, that way we could eat whenever we felt the urge. I did plan 2 b'fasts, one was at Chef Mickey's (character) and one was at Kona Cafe at the Poly. I only did the Kona b/c I heard how good it was and we was the one day that we were going to have a late start. I didn't want to add to the lateness by having to wait to be seated.

And don't feel like you have to be strict to your PS. If the day seemed to be changing I would call up or go to the restaurant and see if we could get the PS earlier or later. They were always willing to help.

Don't stress it, remember Disney is a vacation!

While waiting for our PS at Sci-Fi in May, they would not take any walk-ins. I felt very fortunate for making PS. Also, PS for Cindy's breakfast is an absolute MUST! By 7:02am, they're gone. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter