• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair transportation between parks

Nicolatinks

Earning My Ears
Hello, Can anyone help and let me know as I'm in a wheelchair permantley and wanted to know how is transportation between parks I'm taking my wheelchair from the UK, would it be possible to get on and off transportation buses and onto the monorail.
Also is there a seperate queue for wheelchair user's there will be two of us in wheelchairs and a carer.
Many Thanks in Advance
Nicola

Hello, Can anyone help and let me know as I'm in a wheelchair permantley and wanted to know how is transportation between parks I'm taking my wheelchair from the UK, would it be possible to get on and off transportation buses and onto the monorail.
Also is there a seperate queue for wheelchair user's there will be two of us in wheelchairs and a carer.
Many Thanks in Advance
Nicola

All of the buses are wheelchair accessable. You have a seperate que to wait in and you'll be let on before the bus loads.

You will find that Disney is very wheelchair user friendly. It is probably one of the only places I have ever gone that is so user friendly.

If you look at the start of this forum, there is a "sticky" there about DisAbilities Faq's. It has a great deal of information in there about all things Disney and disabilities.

You will find that Disney is very wheelchair user friendly. It is probably one of the only places I have ever gone that is so user friendly.

If you look at the start of this forum, there is a "sticky" there about DisAbilities Faq's. It has a great deal of information in there about all things Disney and disabilities.
:thumbsup2
The disABILITIES FAQs thread is near the top of this board or you can follow the link in my signature to get there.
This is a copy of the thread index from the first post in that thread, to help you find what you are looking for. I bolded the ones about transportation.

Post 2: Wheelchair, ECV, Equipment and Accessible Van Rental
Post 3: Helpful Links: Links to WDW official websites, other helpful websites and past DIS Board threads
Post 4: Riding WDW Buses with a wheelchair or ECV
Post 5: ECVs and Cars
Post 6: GAC (Guest Assistance Card)
Post 7: Information about WDW Resorts and WDW Phone numbers for Contact
Post 8: Parking, WDW Boats, Monorails, Specialty Cruises at the parks
Post 9: Universal
Post 10: Sea World, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens Tampa
Post 11: Basic accessibility lists for each park. Includes Mobility Access entrances from WDW Disabilities park maps, attractions requiring a transfer from wheelchair or ECV, attractions with stairs, attractions with moving walkways.
Post 12: Kennedy Space Center
Post 13: Disney Cruise Line
Post 14: DisneyLAND
Post 15: Air travel, Orlando specific and some general travel hints
PAGE 2
Post 16: DME (Disney's Magical Express)
Post 17: Zero entry pools
Post 18: MK attractions and ECVs. Lists which have a difficult step on and which have a wheelchair car
Post 19: Epcot attractions and ECVs. Lists which have a difficult step on and which have a wheelchair car
Post 20: Disney Hollywood Studios and ECVs. Lists which may be difficult to board and which have a wheelchair car
Post 21: Animal Kingdom and ECVs. Lists which may be difficult to board and which have a wheelchair car
Post 22: Attractions where guests must stand unless they have mobility device
Post 23: Attractions with Warnings
Post 24: Attractions with bright or flashes of light

My youngest daughter uses a wheelchair because she can’t walk. It is very easy to get around in a wheelchair.

Just to be aware - each bus can hold at least 2 wheelchairs or ECVs (power mobility scooters). If both spots are taken when you get to the bus stop, one of you will need to wait for the next bus (or you can both choose to wait).

The same situation can occur on the monorails and the boats, although there are not specific tiedown spots, so more wheelchairs may fit.

If you are traveling between Epcot and the Studio, you can take the Friendship boats between the parks or there is a walking path between the 2 parks that goes thru the boardwalk area and along the river to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter