• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wheelchair size

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
We have always rented a wheelchair at Disney World, but are thinking it would be better to have it all the time instead of just at the parks by renting it from one of the external companies. Does anyone know what size wheelchairs they have at the parks because I want to rent one the same size as the oversized wheel chair. I assume it is a 24 inch but wasn't sure, maybe the chairs they have at Disneyworld are actually 16 and 20 inch and the 24 would be massive?

Last edited:
I believe the standard size they rent in the parks are 20 inches, but they could be 18.

One way to get a rough measure of the size you need would be to sit on a piece of paper that is bigger than the space you need to fit in.
Use your hand or a ruler alongside your hip at a 90 degree angle down to the paper. Make a mark on the paper at the spot the ruler or your hand hits.
Do that on both sides, then measure the distance between the 3 marks. That will tell you how wide of a seat you need to be comfortable.

I rented the oversize wheelchair from Best Price Mobility on our November trip because I wanted a bit more sturdy and comfortable than a regular chair you can rent at the parks. I was pleased with the chair and the service, and having it 24/7 meant being able to use it everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter