• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

whee the ice

DaddyDisney

Earning My Ears
:bounce: It is getting closer and closer so now I am getting down to the real knit picky questions. I want to take some of my own drinks along and keep them in our soft pack cooler in the room and maybe put a zip lock bag of ice in the room frig to keep stuff colder. Where do you get the ice? Machines, from your room attendant, room service.

thanks to all. My planning for our June 27 Wonder cruise is set. All we have to do is pack. Ahhhh. I better start packing! Gotta go!!

Your stateroom host/hostess will bring you fresh ice up to 3 times per day. All you have to do is request it on card you will find in your stateroom and leave it for him/her to find.

Our Stateroom Host Efren kept kept our small soft pack cooler about 2/3 full of ice and emptied the water out each day. It was really fantastic since I like Cokes ice cold so I could bury my bottles of coke in the ice which kept them much colder than in the "beverage cooler". Talk about luxury. DH might have enjoyed the service more than I did since I'm always sending him to the ice machine when we stay in hotels.

I read a post somewhere on disboards that they occasionally took a large baggie and filled at a drink station. That will be my last resort if I have none in the room. (going June 12)

Do you have to request ice on that card each time you want it, or do they automatically fill a bucket in the cabin once or twice a day?

Originally posted by colcol2
I read a post somewhere on disboards that they occasionally took a large baggie and filled at a drink station. That will be my last resort if I have none in the room. (going June 12)

Do you have to request ice on that card each time you want it, or do they automatically fill a bucket in the cabin once or twice a day?

Well, if you have a good stateroom host, they should remember to do it every day.
We did not ask for much, but we did ask for ice every day, and got it!:wave:

And I would again interject a comment about the coolers, which actually is more about anything wrong with your stateroom.

Report it!

Being a maint. engineer myself, I depend totally on the people who actually use the machinery I maintain to tell me when it is not right. I don't have the time to go around and check each and every piece myself. And neither does your stateroom host. He checks the cooler to make sure it is empty and clean between cruises and that's it.

The equipment isn't going to report itself when it is not working right.

And in the case of the coolers, they should get a beverage cold after it being in there overnight. If they don't, tell someone. Such information is more welcome than you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter