Wheat Allergy

Kelsey106

Earning My Ears
My son is allergic to wheat (gluten). I am looking for suggestions for dining in the parks and at the different resorts.

Your help is greatly apprciated.

you may have to contact disney or just wait till you get there to pick what to eat they usually take care of dishes with allergies

I'm gluten free and Disney makes it ease. I would highly recomend reservations. Tell them when you are booking that one in your party is gluten free. The booking agent will give you the telephone number of each restaurant. Call the day ahead to remind them that one in your party will be GF. There are also choices at the counter restaurants. The phone numbers by park are:

MK 407-824-5967
Epcot 407-560-7292
MGM 407-560-1347
AK 407-939-7536

They will email you a list of counter service restaurants and what is available. (Imagine GF pizza, GF hot dog and hamburgrer buns, even GF Brownies.)

My best experiences at sit down restaurants are with Spoodles and Kona Cafe. At Kona they did a steak with GF teriyaki sauce. It was devine.

Have a great trip. As someone with Celiac, Disney is my FAVORITE place to travel. I can totally relax. Have a great trip. Feel free to write back with any questions! -Paula :mickeybar

Disney is great with dietary issues. My son has a very serious tree nut allergy. He doesn't even have to actually EAT a walnut to have a life threatening reaction. We actually had an emergency landing on our way to Disney 4 years ago because he touched his food tray and then his face and ended up not being able to swallow just from being exposed to someone elses crumbs:scared: . SCARY. Thank god for epipens! If you can make reservations ahead of time it will be very helpful for you but even if you can't, Disney seems to be prepared for anything. They will have the chef come out and talk to you and tell you want alternatives are available. On our last trip at OKW, they sold "allergy free" cookies and brownies. He was so excited!

I agree with making reservations and calling ahead. My sister also needed a gluten free diet and they accomodated her on short notice when we arrived, but she would have had more options if they knew ahead. At Kona, they served a bread and the chef said if he had known earlier he would have had something special for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter