What's your worst DCL dream?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Last night, I dreamt I just got off the Fantasy, collected all my bags and realized that I hadn't bought a placeholder. I was panicking and trying to get back on so I could buy one, but couldn't find the the entrance.

I guess if that's the worst nightmare about cruising my brain can give me, I'm doing okay. lol.

So what's the worst dream or nightmare you've had about cruising?

All my DCL dreams are great.

A couple of real things that happened on disembarkation morning were a bit of a nightmare.

1) Head cabin steward knocking on our door at 7 am "to make sure we were up". . We didn't need to be out of the cabin until 8 am, and we had LATE seating (which he should have known). Blew our well rehearsed plan right out of the water. We were going to be up at 7:45, teeth brushed dressed and out the door at 8. Cost us all 45 minutes sleep, and losing 45 minutes sleep for 2 kids who are about to fly cross country is huge.

2) This one is NOT in anyway DCL's fault. The dorks who had our table for early seating showed up late, after early seating had been served. They were sitting there when we arrived on time. Head waiter said they snuck in! So the wonderful Head Waiter found us an empty table, and made sure our regular servers came over a couple of times to day goodbye.

I actually had a recent DCL dream that wasn’t all bad! My father and I were in a cabin with a HUGE verandah & I remember seeing us sail off into the sunset! (Thankfully my dreams are always in color). For some odd reason though, my two cats were with us, so it was a bit of a panic making sure they didn’t get out on the balcony. Yes my dreams are very vivid!! Haha.
I have had a handful of bad cruise dreams...for instance, not being packed in time for vacation or missing the ship, or there being some sort of delay to prevent me from getting there.

I recently had a very vivid dream that my husband and I arrived at the cruise terminal and were checking in, only to realize I had "forgotten" to pack a suitcase! And what was I going to wear to formal night and Palo?! I woke up in a panic that stayed with me all day, lol!

I’ve had a pet dream as well. We somehow accidentally brought our cats and we were trying to locate cardboard boxes from the kitchen staff so I could fill with sand from the beach to make a litter box and was hoping no one would notice. :rolleyes1:cat:

I’m an early childhood teacher and had a dream I had to bring my three babies with me and work while on the cruise... and then I somehow tripped and fell overboard while on the veranda and watched my husband and the babies all sail away from me floating in the ocean. It was pretty odd.

We love being nicely tucked on our balcony long before all ashore time... and watching for any stragglers. We've never seen anyone run for the ship yet, but it's been close for a few people.
Our cruise on the Magic they held the ship for 90 minutes at Port Canaveral. It was strange, they did the sail away party, we counted down to leave, NOTHING. Early seating folks headed off to dinner. We sat and watched things in the cruise terminal from the ship. Then in about a 10 minute period about an hour and 20 minutes later, three Disney buses came flying up to the dock. The last one literally screeched its tires in a turn it was going so far. About 30 people altogether, and they had a lot of people standing by to run them and their luggage on board. I don't have any facts but the rumors during the week were that it cost Disney a lot of money to hold the ship, but that all those people had booked their air and ground transportation through Disney, and has Disney travel insurance. It would have cost Disney more paying off the insurance than to pay to hold the ship.

I’ve had a pet dream as well. We somehow accidentally brought our cats and we were trying to locate cardboard boxes from the kitchen staff so I could fill with sand from the beach to make a litter box and was hoping no one would notice. :rolleyes1:cat:
I swear me and you must have had the same dream because that’s EXACTLY what I was doing with my cats on board :joker:

I've had a bunch. My worse one:

We unpacked and had some time before muster so we decided to take a nap as we were tired from all the travel. When we woke up it was disembarkation morning! We slept through the entire cruise!

This sounds like my travel nightmares--I've never had one about a cruise, but my Disney World nightmares always involve finding myself on the afternoon of the last day of my trip somehow without having left my resort room the entire week prior. Inevitably in these dreams I'm traveling with someone who thinks this is all absolutely fine and is in no rush to do any of the rides, etc. we could still get in if we hurried.

Worst Dream? That they keep raising prices so I have to find another cruise line, that they stop putting Navigators in the rooms, that they stop using the sealed wonderful shampoos and lotions we love and switch to dispensers that can be tampered with....oh its not a bad dream? lol

I seem to have the same threads with all of my travel nightmares: being late/missing flight/cruise and forgetting to pack. Sometimes my brain mixes it together and I'm late for the trip and I have an extremely small amount of time to pack.

I think I would feel stressed just watching this!!
You do feel for them and you root for them to hurry up. One is rushing, while the other is just walking. Then the first turns around and walks back to the other and you think, "no, no, that's the wrong way"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter