What's your useless super-power?

I have 2:

I can remember license plates like crazy. Not just vanity plates, your standard letter-and-number plates. I can remember the license plate of the guy who rear-ended me 23 years ago.

I can make my husband stop snoring at night just by telling him, while he's sleeping, to stop. He starts up, I just say, out loud, normal tone of voice, "Stop snoring," and he does - without waking up or turning over or even moving one muscle!

I can suddenly be invisible. I can't control when this happens, but it happens all of the time. For example, in a meeting at work, when I am about to speak, suddenly someone speaks over me. Ok, that can happen. But happens again and again and again.

And then a big project or work assignment needs to be assigned and suddenly I'm the only visible person around.

It's quite unfortunate.

I can bend just the top joint on each of my fingers, looks freaky.
What's strange though, I broke my middle finger and it doesn't work anymore, so I'm not as super as I used to be:(

I can bend just the top joint on each of my fingers, looks freaky.
What's strange though, I broke my middle finger and it doesn't work anymore, so I'm not as super as I used to be:(
We're super twins! I can do that too... I can get mine to almost a 90 degree angle! My hands are kind of jacked up from it. My joints lock in almost hyper-flexed position. When I point they're all bendy lol.

Inspired by the "what's your curse" thread...what useless super-power do you have? For example, my DH can tell time usually to the minute, any time of day, without a watch.

My useless power is I can tell when I'm about to receive a text or phone call, just before I actually get it.

So share yours, and if you're so inclined, tell us if you'd be a good guy or a bad guy and go ahead and give yourself a super-hero (or villain) name.

I always know that the kitchen timer is about to beep right before it does. My son is always amazed that I get up and walk into the kitchen just as the timer beeps.

I generally have the ability to know what my kids are doing without even looking at them.

"Don't you even think about it"

"Get off the pantry shelves"

"go brush your teeth for real this time"

I can remember old phone numbers! Who knows why, but I can. For some absurd reason I can still recite my elementary school friends phone numbers -- and in elementary school you're not calling them 20x's a day like we did in junior high and high school! (of course I remember all of those too) :rolleyes:

Btw, I'm 40 so this useless tank of info has been occupying space in my brain for way too long. ;)

I had a co-worker tell me once that I'm a "wading pool of knowledge"... I know a little bit of information about lots of things. My family refuses to play Trivial Pursuit with me. Oh and I'm also the only one in the family with the ability to both feed and let the dogs outside :)

I can pretty much start a conversation with anyone and keep it going.

One of my tricks is to make eye contact. The SECOND you see that slight change, you know your other person is talking about something they like, so I ask further about that.

I can open any tight jar lid by knocking on the top of the lid ten times, always saying "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" out loud. Always works. I don't know what good this could be used for in fighting a supervillain-maybe I could throw a jar of extra garlic pickles at them.

My super power is a super sense of smell. It can be kind of annoying to deal with, especially in tight quarters like on a plane or in an elevator. I can probably tell you what kind of deodorant you're wearing or what kind of shampoo you used (or didn't use). A few years ago I had to ask a coworker to stop wearing cologne because it was killing my sinuses, his desk was on the other side of the building but I could tell the second he got off the elevator - and it was not a case of him being one of those people who douses themselves with half a bottle every day, just something in that cologne that made me ill. The dousers I have to avoid like the plague. I have moved seats at the movies, at the airport lounge, on the train, in a restaurant because I could not sit close to someone who over applied their perfume or cologne. Like I said this can be a real pita.

There are not many pluses to this power but there are a few. I can tell from the other side of the house if my DD has brushed her teeth before bed or if she is sneaking a snack before dinner. She will never be able to hide smoking or drinking from me when she gets older!! I always know if meat has turned without having to stick my nose near it. I can usually tell by the smell when something is done cooking. One time I smelled something burning at the office, I thought it was coming from the printer but others standing right next to it could not smell anything. About an hour later it started overheating and smoking.

DD's super power is that she is impervious to the cold. That girl would wear a tank top and shorts every day if I let her (we live in New England). She is like a walking furnace.

I remember phone numbers. Lots of phone numbers. On a job I had years ago, I had over 100 accounts and I never needed my Rolodex. I just had a thing for remembering phone numbers.

Not impressed? :rotfl2: Nobody is any more. But back then phones didn't have contact lists. And there were no cell phones.

See? My superpower is now completely useless. :p

Last edited:
I haven't set an alarm in 25 years, even when traveling for business in different time zones. When I go to bed I tell myself what I time I want to get up. I usually wake up 5 minutes before.

I have also have this super power where I am on the only one in the house that sees dust on the furniture. :smooth:

I have the gift of getting anybody to tell me anything/everything.
I've been told zillions of times that, "You are so easy to talk to."
It's a nice compliment, but I have heard things from people that make me :eek:
I've heard about people's affairs, ailments where it's TMI, financial situations and more.
It's crazy what people share with me - sometimes it kinda stresses me out. :faint:

My husbands is the awesome gift of never getting lost - it's incredible.
We can go anywhere and he just knows where to go.
I'm jealous, cause I get lost in my own back yard :rotfl:

I can recite powers of 2 from memory (without doing the math) to 4096.

Last edited:
I have two.

My first is that I'm able to find a parking space close no matter where I am or time of day. My second is that I always get somewhere right before it becomes really crowded. This may be the line in a movie theater, at a restaurant, etc.

I have two.

My first is that I'm able to find a parking space close no matter where I am or time of day. My second is that I always get somewhere right before it becomes really crowded. This may be the line in a movie theater, at a restaurant, etc.

This doesn't strike me as "useless"!

Let's get matching capes:)
NoCapes_zps82c1bcc0.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter