What's your top 5 restaurants?

MMS1125

Put your faith in what you most believe in.
I'm going on a very short 3 night trip (late fri-monday evening) in January with my guy and can't decide where to make our dining reservations. I'm thinking two dinners (sat and sun) and a lunch on our last day (mon). We will have park hoppers so restaurants in parks are ok. What are your top choices? He's not a Disney fanatic like me and I want him to have a really great experience so he will want to go again :yay::yay: Help a girl out!

Ohana
Beaches and Cream
Crystal Palace
California Grill
Dole Whip Place-not a restaurant but I wish that it was

Crazy list but that is what we love.

Ohana
Beaches and Cream
Crystal Palace
California Grill
Dole Whip Place-not a restaurant but I wish that it was

Crazy list but that is what we love.

love dole whips :cheer2:

I think Ohana is def on my short list right now

I'm going on a very short 3 night trip (late fri-monday evening) in January with my guy and can't decide where to make our dining reservations. I'm thinking two dinners (sat and sun) and a lunch on our last day (mon). We will have park hoppers so restaurants in parks are ok. What are your top choices? He's not a Disney fanatic like me and I want him to have a really great experience so he will want to go again :yay::yay: Help a girl out!

Boma
Cape May
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ohana

We do Disney just as a couple, we don't have kids. Our trips are usually long weekends.

We love the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin, particularly Il Mulino and Blue Zoo.

Also California Grill and Narcoosees by MK.

Raglan Road, Fulton's and Portabellos at DTD.

Enjoy!

Not in any order of preference here are my top 5. (excluding those not on the DDP)

Narcoossees- Love the location, love the view, love the surf & turf. Our annual first night dinner.

Jiko- Excellent food and impeccable service. A bit out there to travel but worth it.

Artist Point- Very quite atmosphere and food that will not disappoint. Especially the Salmon.

Yachtsman Steakhouse -Once again excellent service and very good steaks.

Flying Fish- Very fun decor and very good food. This was a great find for us and go back every time.

I would have included the California Grill among this list if it were not for the inconsistent service that I personally have experienced at this place.

For us

1) Flying Fish - service, food are top notch and they never miss a step.... and the dessert here are Heavenly....:cloud9:

2) Narcoossees - wonderful service and good seafood and wine selection, This is a longer dinning experience we have found, not that its a bad thing just more relaxing pace for dinner, try for a late ADR, as you can see the water parade, super romantic.

3) Chefs of France and Corral Reef tie for 3rd - Each has its own reasons, Chefs has escargot... so good, Great wine offerings, and just the whole atmosphere is cool, the food and service have always been spot on. Corral Reef, we love the aquarium, it is amazing sitting there enjoying dinner and watching the fish and marine life swim by, great way to relax at the end of the day.

4) Sci-Fi for lunch is a must do every trip, - simple menu, but eating in a car watching old B movies is so fun.. The salmon sandwich is my fav. Also milkshakes to die for...

5) Chef Mickey, Tusker House, or Crystal Palace - You gotta go to a character meal... We enjoy breakfast here, super fun, brings out your inner child... We do at least 2 each trip if not all three ::yes::. We enjoy the offering and the service has been great.

top 5 TS
-garden grill
-sci-fi dine in theater
-1900 park fare (i enjoy a late breakfast/early lunch)
-chef mickey's
-cindereall's royal table

top 5 QS
-be our guest (lunch)
-cosmic ray's starlight cafe
-earl of sandwich
-sunshine season food court
-fairfax fare

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal. *

1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons

2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)

3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek, Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration, Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration, Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192, Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel, Fine Dining

* The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the
eatery(ies). And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free
or paid) so we can try several appys/entrées without pigging-out.

If your partner isn't a Disney fanatic, I think I would actually plan a few meals outside the parks. All the best restaurants are not in parks anyway.

My favorites for dinner:
Jiko - Attentive staff, fabulous appetizers, creative cuisine.
California Grill - Again, wonderful appetizers, celebratory atmosphere.
Bluezoo - Fantastic cocktails, great seafood, really personable staff in both the front and back of the house.
Honorable mentions to Artist Point, Il Mulino and Flying Fish.

My favorites for lunch:
Cabana Bar and Beach Club - Very relaxing poolside bar with surprisingly great food.
Sanaa - Probably one of the most "exotic" cuisines on property, and a great value.
Coral Reef - Okay, this one is inside a park, but it's actually really good seafood for a non-signature establishment. The noise level can be deafening, though, as the cool atmosphere means it's packed with families.
Honorable mentions to The Wave Lounge (much nicer than their actual dining room), Olivia's and Portobello.

I think Sci Fi Dine In is a pretty unique experience - something you can only do at Disney. It's mostly burgers and shakes though, definitely not fine dining.

I think something in the World Showcase at Epcot would be impressive to the non Disney fan. If you want a good steak dinner, we like Le Cellier. Via Napoli has great pizza. Biergarten is also really unique, and even has a little dinner show, but the food is not great for a picky eater.

Be Our Guest if you can land an ADR would be pretty unique too.

California Grill, Trails End, Kona Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), Concourse Steakhouse ( yes, I know it's gone but I still miss it)

1. Biergarten dinner
2. Garden Grill dinner
3. Crystal Palace breakfast & Kona breakfast (tied-I can't choose!)
4. Sci-Fi & 50's Prime Time Cafe lunch or dinner (tied-I can't choose!)
5. Boma dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter