What's your perfect bag?

brat5063

Mouseketeer
What's your favorite bag to carry around the park?

I'm attempting to travel around the park light on this trip. I do not want to carry around a big diaper bag. I do not want to carry around a backpack b/c I think my back would get sweaty.

I would have one bag for my camera (I have a rebel with a big lens) and am thinking of a small messanger type bag to keep are keys to the world in, phones, touch and some bribing candy in (like smarties and dumdums.)

It will be my mom, me and two kids 4 and 8.

Any recommendations?

I have liked the Vera Bradley hipster, but right now I am using a 31 Company Pop Crossbody and I like that too- I would think it would be good at Disney for things like tickets etc. Will you have a stroller? I always leave the "big stuff" in the stroller and wear my messenger style bag on rides etc.

I have neck/shoulder issues and can't carry a bag. I have a fanny pack that is large enough to hold my fairly large camera, water bottle, sunglasses, and small misc. stuff. I love the fanny pack. Hands free, doesn't hurt my back at all, everything is within easy reach, and don't have to remove it for rides. Your kids could have a fanny pack also for their own small items. My kids carry their own small camera, sunglasses, poncho, and pins in theirs.

I have one very similar to this one (the crossbody not the tote)-

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Ama...2VWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331562996&sr=8-3

I used it when we went to WDW in '08, to DLR this past Oct and will go back to WDW this April. It might look small but I was able to fit my sunglasses, small cosmetics bag (with chapstick, band aids, travel size sunblock), DD's camera (small digital p&s), snacks, phone, disposable ponchos (when new, after we opened the package it was impossible to fit them anywhere ;)) and our tickets with some room to spare.

I could not find mine online because I got it at Marshall's and it is probably discontinued, but it is very similar to that one. I have seen many crossbody bags like it so you could shop around to find one that would fit your needs - some have different pocket configurations, some even have bottle pockets on the sides :thumbsup2

I have a small cross body that I love to carry. I think it's made by Totes. It's only maybe 15 inches tall and maybe 10 inches across. It's not big. It'll hold panchos folded up, camera, cell phones, wallets, tickets, park brochures, etc. I manage to fit a lot of stuff in there and don't know how I manage to put it all in there. It doesn't get hot, it's small enough to where it doesn't bother me. It holds quite a bit. I think the kids are big enough to have their own fanny pack, atleast the 8 year old. Get them a fanny pack and have them put some of their own stuff in them to help take some stuff off your back.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them. :)

I forgot about ponchos. I need to get my old Disney packing list out.

I flip flop on bringing a stoller. We have a single Maclearen umbrella type stroller. I should bring that and leave the ponchos in the bottom of the stroller. Decisions. :)

I am looking to buy a good cross body bag for this year's trip. In the past I used the drawstrings gym sac, but found the straps started to chafe a bit and it hit a bit too low on my back. I also didn't like having to take it off every time I wanted to get something out of it. I have heard a lot of people say they like baggallini bags so I may check them out.

I just bought this bag at Target, that I'm planning on using as my park bag. It's a great size, and will fit my Nikon D40, plus a large Ziploc bag that will have my P&S camera, and our phones in it. I was able to adjust the strap, so it's long enough that I like the way it "fits" me.

http://www.target.com/p/Mossimo-Supply-Co-Striped-Crossbody-Green/-/A-13921874#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

I'm jumping in to subscribe to this thread! We are headed to DLR in Oct with our 4 year old and 10 year old. The 4 year old is quite hyper, so we may stick with the stroller, but are actually staying on property, so I'm thinking there may be times we want to ditch the stroller, so a good bag is important.

I really like that Target one. I'll have to look for it on one of my next nearly-daily trips! :rotfl2:

My May trip will be the first time using a bag in a long time. It's the first in a very long time I'm going stroller less. I'm actually using a bagallini, but, had I found this before buying a bagallini, I would probably go with it. Their products are excellent--even a no questions asked, lifetime (for your great grandkids, grandkids). Worth every penny. We have their luggage.

I got this bag for my trip this past Feb. eBags http://www.amazon.com/eBags-Piazza-Day-Bag-Sandstone/dp/B002EDFNEO/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img
I previously used a backback type purse or a diaper bag-this trip was without kids, therefore no dipaer bag :)

The only complaint about this bag is I had so much in it I couldn't remember where everything was! It fits a water bottle, a mini-notebook, sunglasses-2 ponchos (tightly rolled). It really fit everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter