Whats your "must have" for a souvenior?

joedave12

Earning My Ears
I think I love shopping Disneyland just as much as rides, eating and shows! Whats your favorite "must have" souvenior when you visit the park? I always end up with art. Usually Haunted Mansion. I think my newest thing is scarves. I try to buy things I will use often...so how about you?:goodvibes

I usually buy tshirts. Last time i was there and i bought a BEAUTIFUL painting of all the princesses. Its so gorgeous. But its still under my bed in the tube thing cause I havent gotten it framed yet. :/ so i'll stick to tshirts...

We always buy a beach towel. I have so many beautiful Disney towels now! We also get the kids ears and a picture frame. Every couple of years or so we get the silhouettes of the kiddos done. But definitely our number one thing is the towels!

A magnet for the fridge (we get one from every vacation, Disney or not, that we go on--we've done this ever since our honeymoon), Potato Head parts, and silhouettes of the children.

I can't leave without getting a Pearl from Down Town Disney and a candy apple for home. I used to get one of the large figurines when I went down there, but haven't done that in a few years.

T-shirts and/or keychain-sized plushies. I love them both! The plushies always SEEM like a better "value" to me, though--it hurts to pay more than $20 for a shirt. Even though you can actually wear the shirts!

Anything celebrating the Tiki Room, AdventureLand, or the Haunted Mansion - that's not TOO terribly tacky and cheap (much harder to find these days...).

Last big purchases were a 45th anniversary Tiki Room glass pitcher and glasses, and a bunch of art (now beautifully framed and hanging above my computer).

The last few times I've looked for things I want to buy, there's been little of consequence. No interest in ugly Vinylmation, tacky miniature models/Lladro crap, or anything (ANYTHING) plastic and cheap.

Disney, I have money, give me something decent to buy!!!!!

No interest in ugly Vinylmation, tacky miniature models/Lladro crap, or anything (ANYTHING) plastic and cheap.

What the heck is up with the vinylmation doll things? Those are weird! Seriously.

Most definitely Mickey ears and maybe a coffee mug. I've bought mugs every time, but for other people. Now I'm gonna buy one for ME! :goodvibes

It's changed up over the years for me. I used to collect Disney snow globes from each trip. Then it went to Jim Shore statues, and Precious Moment figurines. Last year I fell in love with Gallery of Light boxes. But didn't get one until this years trip. Gonna be a must have from now on! My dh and ds usually get hats as a must.

Two things mainly for me:

1 - a calendar. I've had either a DLR or a DLRP for the past 6 years or so and I've no intention of stopping now.

2 - pins. I always try to pick up a couple whenever I go, especially as the in store selection in the UK is quite small

I like to get shirts or sweatshirts. I try to get a calendar every year. I get the kids each a pin pretty much every trip and I get one most trips although I didn't get one this last one.

Dh collects coffee mugs and usually gets one every trip. And we always bring home candy but to me that isn't a souvenier cuz we eat it LOL.

I have never been to DL, but I am pretty sure when I go in a few weeks, I will rely on the same souveniers I rely on at WDW.

I always buy a new key chain, a picture frame for my desk at work (I am the crazy "Disney girl/expert" at my job....), and a coffee mug.

Occasionally I will also buy a knick knack, poster, or something "special" for our office at home. The walls are "sorcerer" blue and the room is Disney themed. :goodvibes

I collect Key-chains so I always have to get one, I have so many though so I try to pick ones that are unique :) also the past few trips Ive been picking up a Jim shore figurine each time I think they are adorable!

A Disney ornament to commemorate out trip
Maybe a new mug
tshirt for the kids
charm for my bracelet

Disney Dollars (altho I feel they are on their way out since the inception of the gift cards :worried:
I also collect smashed coins. They usually change the machines so I can always find something new for the year.
Charms for my charm bracelet (sometimes hard to find)
I usually look for something 'unusual' or different that catches my eye. Sometimes I can find it, and sometimes not.
And of course my pictures I take. I've got quite a collection of various construction walls, the windows on Main Street, and just out of the way stuff the general public wouldn't notice. It's kinda like looking for hidden Mickey's...lol.. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter