What's your "Must Eat" at HS?

I don't have a "must" at Hollywood Studios. Brown Derby would be my "will settle for." It's either Brown Derby or we leave to eat at one of the Epcot resort restaurants.

For CS, we like the ABC Commissary or Pizza Planet. For TS, we like 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi. Sci Fi the food isn't great, but the atmosphere is awesome!!

I enjoy the commissary (the atmosphere is relaxed and I don't mind the food) and Prime Time is so much fun! :jumping1:

There isn't a table service at HS I love. We are doing Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic! package. The food okay and the atmosphere is nice.

I like Pizza Planet for CS and Backlot Express was pretty good with some different choices.

I don't ever have any must haves anywhere at WDW but my favorite at DHS is the pork chop at Brown Derby.

And I love the atmosphere at Sci Fi. Not the food, but the atmosphere is great, especially on a day that's hot and the park is busy.

This is my least favorite park for food. We do like Brown Derby a lot but it is pricey. We are eating there for our upcoming trip in March.

Mama Melrose is good, not great. Typical Italian fare. The service leaves a bit to be desired, they are just not that friendly like at other Disney restaurants.

Hollywood and Vine was not good. I would like to try Sci Fi in the future, but the menu doesn't appeal to me much.

The counter service restaurants are comparable to the other parks, not better, not much worse. Backlot Express was our favorite counter service.

We love the 50's primetime cafe. This is a fun restaurant with good food. We have eaten there several times and never had a bad meal yet! :tink:

Table service-We have gone to SciFi before and enjoyed it. This year we are going to try Mama Melrose's for the first time.

Quick service- Backlot Express or head over to Fairfax Fare near ToT for a variety.

Snack- Staring Rolls seems to be the all out favorite here but I have never tried it.

I second the carrot cake cookie! Yum!! We enjoy the atmosphere at Sci-fi, food is ok. We don't mind pizza planet for the food, but I find it very loud.

Our new tradition at HS is to arrive for rope drop, run and get a fastpass for Toy Story Mania and then wander back to Starring Rolls for a leisurely breakfast of coffee and rolls and people watching;)

Table Service - 50's Prime time. Yummy comfort foods and Milkshakes

Counter Service- Starring Rolls. Have to thank the Dis Boards members for this one. It is now a must do for each visit.

Snack - Starring Rolls - Chocolate PB cupcake.

Last May, we went to Pizza Planet for lunch..meals came with a very decent sized personal pan pizza, side salad and a cappucino cupcake. My whole family loved it there....you get a lot of food for your money and we all agreed that the cupcake was one of the best desserts we had the entire time we were at Disney. As a family of five, (three boys ages 3, 6 and 8) we were able to split 3 meals easily. We liked it so much, we went back there our 2nd day visiting HS and never tried any place else. (We are pretty picky eaters too!)
For dinner, we went to Mama Melrose and it was fine. It wasn't the BEST meal, but it was certainly good. We are trying 50's PT this year, and are doing another meal at Mama Melrose. If there were a variety of other choices, we would try some place new, but HS has limited options. Rather than leave the park, we decided to go for it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter