Whats your Least Favorite Resort?

Least fav moderate: CBR...hated it. Wouldn't stay there is it was free!

Least fav deluxe: WL...not that it horrible but it now seems just okay.

For DH, it's CS (doesn't like the theming; thought the walk was too far). I loved CS, especially the food!
For me, it may be POFQ, we stayed there three years in a row, and I think I just got tired of it.
Our new favorite is AKL..been there twice. Now I can't get DH to think of staying anywhere else!

We've been incredibly lucky... very quiet everywhere we have stayed. (we also stay in off times). We're light sleepers, too.

I haven't found my least favorite yet.

Favorite = Old Key West.

The ones I remember staying at, off the top of my head, are BCR, BW, Poly, WL, POFQ, POP, and AsMovies.

I really enjoyed all of them. I don't have a least favorite of any of them. They all have different themes and different experiences and I know I would stay at any of them again.

Couple of weeks ago we were at the POP, 60 bldg pool side. We were right at the pool, so we could hear the kids swimming at night. But, after a full day of park power walking, it really didn't matter if there was a herd of elephants. I would have had no problems sleeping. And most of the time, I fell asleep watching the top 7 things to do in WDW (is the hostess Eisner's daughter?)

I have found the CM's at the value resorts to be more friendly and outgoing.

I think you have to look at each resort by itself. If you pay $74 a night for your room, you can expect it to be less of a room than one that goes for $200+ a night. Seeing that we are in the room for a total of up to 8 hours a day, and most of that time is sleeping, I get the same satisfaction from a value resort that I do from the delux resorts.

But that's just me, personal tastes differ :)

KILD...........thanks for putting it that way. We are staying at ASMo in three weeks. We are not in the room much at all. We are at the parks from the time they open until they close (longer on E ride nights!!) We will only be using the ASMo for a place to sleep.

I have been getting a little nervous about staying there. But, I think we will be just fine! ::yes::

We've only stayed at Deluxes but my least favorite deluxe is the Boardwalk Inn. The only reason it is our least favorite is because you have to go outside for restaurant access - which is not good when it is raining out.

My least favorite resort is definitely CBR. I would never stay there again.

I just got back from a stay at the Poly. It was okay, but I didn't love it. I was very happy with the restaurants though. I guess the theming didn't do it for me and the rooms and buildings did seem very dated. I doubt that I'll ever return there unless I got the room for a steal!

Out of our stays, I would have to say that the Polynesian was our least favorite. Not that we didn't like it, it was okay. My dd and I stayed at AllStarMu last Dec and love it!! There were cheerleaders/dancers/football players all around. We had a room that was much quieter than our room at the Polynesian. Loved the food court. And the transportation was good. Even my dh, who loves the 'nicer things in life', was happy we are staying at POR before moving to BWV this August. He likes it there much more than the Polynesian. Go figure. Our room had noisy people beside and above. They were doing repairs to a room below us at some pretty odd times. There were a lot of food trays left in the halls for very long periods of time.

This thread just goes to show how much we all differ on what we like and don't like. Isn't life grand??

I find the responses to this quesion very interesting - I had expected almost universally the response to be AllStars, and it isn't.

I believe your expectations have to be a lttle different depending on if you are staying value, moderate, or deluxe. And the least favorite should be the one which most disappoints you relative to your expectations.

We have stayed at ASSp, ASMu, ASMo, CBR, POR (it was Dixie Landings then), POFQ, Poly, and YC over the last 18 years.

The only one that really disappointed us was our stay at Poly. This stay was pre-internet (late 1980s), so we went totally ignorant - and our expectations were nowhere near meet. We had honeymooned in Hawaii a year earlier and loved it. So assuming Poly would be Hawaii with Disney added on top we booked the trip, even though it was way over our budget - we split the trip Poly - CBR. CBR was brand new, bright and shiny, and not too large yet, since the rooms on the back side of the lake had not been built. We really enjoyed this part of the stay. Our Poly room on the other hand had worn dirty carpet, the room and whole resort was dated to the point of looking tacky. In fact, we found that our room was scheduled for refurbishing immediately after we left. The grounds were ripped up doing repairs and landscaping. It was noisy and unattractive. We unfortunately hit a very cold snap (it was Jan or early Feb) - too cold to use the pool and the Electric Light parade (the one thing we really, really wanted to see) ws cancelled all 4 days of our visit due to the weather - cold and/or rain.

We have never been back.

Jeff

I would have to say that our worst experience was at the WL villas.

We always get a rental and the parking was horrible. We had the studio room and were very disappointed with what we got for our money. There weren't even two beds, it was one bed and a sofa sleeper. There was a mini fridge and a tiny wet bar sink and the ceiling was angled on one side, making the room feel very, very small.

The very worst part though was the AC. Or lack there of it I should say. We would call and report that it wasn't working, a worker would come and "work" on it, over and over and it never got any better. Finally we had to insist on being moved to another room. They never even offered and were not very happy when we pushed the issue.

It was miserable, we made the move at 11:00 at night with two small kids.

I would have to say my least favorite resort was All Stars. I was staying there a few years ago as one of the chaperones for my daughter and about 30 JV and varsity cheerleaders. The resort was filled with these groups. Seems the value resorts all get the competitive groups that come to Orlando's Wide World of Sports to compete. Now, I knew that I wasn't there for "vacation", but I thought how annoyed I would be if I were. If this were my one and only trip to WDW I would want my resort to be a little calmer. These groups can be loud and boisterous, they take over the pools, and many are hanging outside the rooms until all hours.

Aside from the times that these large groups go there, I still don't like the small rooms, no closet and the soap dispensers instead of bars. Just my HO.

Maybe it's a European thing, but I don't like hotels where the doors and coridoors are on the outside, I like my door to my room on the inside of the hotel (over here our doors are nearly always inside) so for that reason I would not choose to stay at a resort that has these type of coridoors. Unfortunatley in WDW this means I would only ever choose to stay at a delux. I would have to say over all I would least like to stay at the All Stars as I think I would find it too noisy. I don't have kids and like the peace or some of the more adult themed resorts. My favourite is the Beach Club, especially the BCV, I love the atmosphere and the location there.

all star sports is one of my favorite resorts. it is targeted toward a younger group and not so much adults. its a resort for the kids to have fun at. since im a teenager i love it. my least favorite tho would probably be coronado springs, its too spread out. it is very nice tho but too spread apart.

The DOLPHIN!!! Hate it, Hate it, Hate it......but part of the reason was the nasty beds and I hear they have re-done at least some of them.

As far as official disney hotel, the Contemporary....it is just blah to me, but the monorail is nice.

I've only stayed at 3, CBR, ASMo (and the no longer Disney Inn) we HATED HATED HATED the ASMo, tiny rooms, not clean rooms, garbage in the stairwells, the pool was nasty, transportation horrible and the staff horrid!!!! Did I mention the humungo roaches? We got there on a Saturday and switched to CBR on Monday it was so bad.

We loved the CBR though!:eek:

AKL. We had what was supposed to be a great room, 4th floor, third room from the main lobby on the right. Other than the wattusi (cattle) we were what seemed like miles from the other animals. One morning we saw what looked like giraffes off in the distance, though its hard to tell from our pictures even with the zoom lens. Our DS5 was not impressed, not in the least. We think the resort itself is OK but the whole safari view thing is terribly overmarketed for what the experience turned out to be.

And that doesn't include how far you are from everything else and how long it takes for a bus to finally show up. We definitely wouldn't do this resort again without a rental car.

I guess I have to say mine would be the Dolphin. It's hard, because I've never had a bad time at WDW, but my daughter and I were just talking about how the whole time we were there we kept wishing we were somewhere else. It's the theme, or lack of one, I guess, I'm not sure what they're going for there. We really want a Disney theme, something that's almost an attraction in itself.

When I was little and went with my family we stayed at motels 1/2 hour away and when my daughter was in grade school we stayed at the cheapest resort we could find, but now that I'm older and can afford more, I just would never stay at one of the resorts that are too far away from the parks and require buses for everything. That's just our preference, so there are quite a few resorts I've never even seen. We want to be on the monorail or in walking distance of Epcot.

CBR - terrible bus service and our room location was too far from everything at the resort. Not impressed with the theming either.

All Stars - too many kids groups with not enough supervision and we have been assigned too many rooms that were in really bad shape or just plain disgusting.

Will never stay at any All Stars or FW Cabins again. All Stars IMO are just cheesy, loud, crowded. FW Cabins I was there 1 night and had to change. The bus situation is so bad.

I guess the worst for me is Fort Wilderness. I LOVE the place, but when I was a kid we had our own trailer. NO air conditioning, the bed I slept in was really the kitchen table (and felt like it) and the bathroom was so tiny that your knee would knock open the door when you sat down to tinkle. Camping with your family puts all other WDW rooms (including the Ft wilderness cabins) into perspective -- I have loved EVERY hotel. We have stayed at all theModerates, the Wilderness Lodge Villas, the Polynesian, Beach Club Villas and Old Key West (my personal favorite). They all seem amazing after that trailer! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter