What's your least favorite popular restaurant?

I was really underwhelmed by Brown Derby for what was supposed to be a signature experience. Service was lackluster and it was loud due to an open patio door and a dance party going on in the courtyard. However, the worst part about it was the other guests. When something is labeled as fine dining, I expect the people visiting the restaurant to act like it. I understand it's in the middle of a theme park but I wish people would check their behavior just a little bit. A middle-aged guy actually did one of those loud, two-finger whistles at his family when his table was ready. In the middle of the restaurant!

I would probably give it another chance, though. Maybe late night when there is a better chance of it being a little quieter.

CRT-everything was okay, but service was lackluster and, while princesses were nice, the experience wasn't special. Food was fine but tiny portions (and no seconds)

Cape May dinner-Golden Corral buffet with crab legs and NO characters. Location isn't the most convenient unless you are staying in that resort (since it is not in a park). Very expensive. Atmosphere is kind of meh (At least Crystal Palace has characters, is in a park, and is a pretty location)

Tony's, Crystal Palace, and Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen (a lot of folks love the last one I mentioned, but the night we were there a lot of plates were going back half-full and they couldn't manage to get flavor into a noodle bowl-dishwater)

I was really underwhelmed by Brown Derby for what was supposed to be a signature experience. Service was lackluster and it was loud due to an open patio door and a dance party going on in the courtyard. However, the worst part about it was the other guests. When something is labeled as fine dining, I expect the people visiting the restaurant to act like it. I understand it's in the middle of a theme park but I wish people would check their behavior just a little bit. A middle-aged guy actually did one of those loud, two-finger whistles at his family when his table was ready. In the middle of the restaurant!

I would probably give it another chance, though. Maybe late night when there is a better chance of it being a little quieter.

The park behavior pushing into the restaurant is an issue if you go in expecting a nice experience. If you go in thinking "score, great food," its a little better. MP is the only signature in a park where I've noticed the behavior of the guests is up to the experience offered. I don't think PM gets enough love on these boards.

Garden Grill was a one and done. The food offered should've been $15 or $20 a person, not the $50 we paid

I dunno that I've eaten anywhere that people rave about and I thought was bad. Most of my less than stellar experiences are at places that nobody much talks about at all. I don't think I've had a disastrously bad meal anywhere at WDW, though I have had a couple that took way too long.

I do really like some places that people trash a lot, including BOG. I thought our dinner there was spectacular, yes, even the food. It was wonderful and worth every penny! I always enjoy lunch there too.

My wife and I have always said this. Of all, the places in EPCOT you can go to eat, why would you go to Le Cellier? Especially for those on the Dining Plan. 2 credits seems like a waste when you can go to Chefs de France for 1.

I have seen it served before but never tried it - bleh!! My husband said they called it 7 Layer Salad growing up......

I LOVE 7 Layer Salad!!!!

Overnight 7 layer salad: Lettuce, celery, frozen peas, a nice thick layer of mayo, sugar, Parmesan, and bacon bits, in that order. Yum!!!!

It is best freshly tosssed, but I've been known to eat it even after it's been tossed and stewing in the fridge for a few days. :flower:

• Be Our Guest
  • Ohana (had one good experience and then one bad experience; may give it another chance someday)
  • Tony's Town Square
  • T-Rex
  • Citrico's
  • Narcoosee's
  • Ravello
  • Boathouse
  • Le Cellier (not bad, but I think it's overpriced for what it is)
  • California Grill (ditto)
  • Rainforest Café (have tried another location only)
  • Chef Mickey's (haven't tried, but it doesn't appeal to me)
  • CRT (ditto)

Last edited:
50's Prime Time Cafe. Have yet to get a "fun" server, food is so heavy for a midday meal and we almost always get seated late. That being said, my family seems to forget that in between visits and we're scheduled for it again...

Tutto Italia - There is much better Italian cuisine in the city around here than I experienced there. Also portions are quite tiny. No thanks.

D-Luxe Burger at Dis Springs. Had the Southern Classic (with fried green tomato) and side of fries. No flavour at all. Took 30 mins for my food to be brought out and no longer warm. Jam packed to the rafters so if I had taken my food back to be warmed up, would have lost my chair at a table I shared with strangers. Was excited to try a new place that has good reviews. Once was enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter