What's your "go to" travel tool?

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
When planning a vacation, where do you do your research and how do you usually book? Websites? Travel agent?

I start with TripAdvisor. Lots of good information on there.

And, I book myself. I'm pretty notorious in my family for researching the heck out of any trip and finding great deals.

I look at all the main web sites for cheap prices, and I book online, I love questions like these to see if someone else has another tool I want to add to my arsenal

I look at all the main web sites for cheap prices, and I book online, I love questions like these to see if someone else has another tool I want to add to my arsenal

that's why I started it. I get tired of Travelocity, Expedia ect. I always feel like I'm missing a really great deal somewhere else

I used to LOVE Travelocity especially for researching cruises - their search engine was fabulous. But since Expedia bought them both websites are now identical and in the style that Expedia always was. It seems they evaporated the old Travelocity format entirely. I don't use either one now. :(. For cruises I go directly to the cruise line websites now. For Disney (last time and next time if there is one) I book airfare directly with the airlines and go right to the websites of hotels I like.

I use Tripadvisor primarily. I always book directly with the hotel or resort. I've rarely seen a 3rd party deal that is better than you can get yourself.

I start with TripAdvisor. Lots of good information on there.

And, I book myself. I'm pretty notorious in my family for researching the heck out of any trip and finding great deals.

This is me!

And, if one is lucky, you can get tips on good deals from Tripadvisor.

Usually book right thru the resort/cruise/airline.
But, sometimes there are good deals thru the online travel brokers (like Cheaptickets, Hotels, etc.)

Tripadvisor--love their forums. For flights, itasoftware. If I'm purchasing flights on points, I use expertflyer.

Eta: those are sites I use for researching then I go to google and search to find the best deal.

Either Expedia for me or now, more regularly, British Airways. Between the two I tend to get the best choice and price.

I always book with the hotel directly, either by phone or over the Internet, but we need specific rooms. We have 6 children, so it's either 2 connecting rooms or a really big suite. Or I book a house on VRBO. To the best of my knowledge, none of the travel websites will really let me do what I need to do.

Hipmunk. One, I like their logo. Two, they have an Agony rating for flights. You can rank flights by the degree of agony they will cause passengers.

To research best attractions I prefer travel books/guides from the library. For hotels I like to use AAA if possible. For transportation I play around on the Internet myself to find flights, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter