What's your Food Network favorite cooking show?

Paula's Home Cooking she's so funny and easy to follow
Unwrapped I love to see how things are made :love:

Giada becuase everything I've ever made from her recipes has been stupendous.

Michael Chiarello. His guacomole with basil is deliish and he is just....appealing.

Sandra Lee. Only for the snark value at the TWop boards. This woman is dangerous to heart and health.

Used to like Rachel Ray bit she's just gotten so MANIC lately.

Love Paula but man all that butter. But YUM.

Ina...eehh.

Sara...another eehh.

Emeril....to much personality, not enough chops. Great job post Katrina from what I've read.

Mario...so incredibly knowledgeable. Respect that. Learn a lot from him.

Alton...love him.

I totally miss Davis Rosengarten and his show called Taste. He would take one dish or one ingredient and make the best possible dish with that and impart a great deal of information.

I seriously thing that the Food Network has gone way downhill in the past few years and is focusing on personalities rather than FOOD.

I Love Giada! I just asked for her cookbook for Christmas. Also saw her dvd's and would love to have those. Her new show, "Behind the Bash" is awesome too. I'm really enjoying it.

Also loved Unwrapped, Top 5 and many others!!

Dodie said:
DH makes so much fun of me for watching the Food Network so much!

My favorites...
For the cooking and entertainment...
1. Paula's Home Cooking with Paula Deen
2. Good Eats with Alton Brown

For the entertainment value alone...
Anything with Tyler Florence in it. I think he's just "dreamy." :lovestruc

My un-favorites...
Rachael Ray and Sandra Lee both drive me nuts with their gushy, fake-y, quirky voices, phrases and mannerisms, but I like their recipes and I'll admit that I watch them both anyway. :blush:

:rotfl: I'm laughing with you, not at you!! I totally agree with you!! :teeth:

Once you start watching Rachael Ray you realize that she uses the same expressions over and over on every show!! So funny! But yet, I still watch. And for some reason I want to watch and see what Sandra Lee comes up with. You have to admit she makes some strange cocktails!

Even my husband has gotten hooked on Good Eats!!

I looooove Alton Brown. Funny, educational, and always has the yummiest ideas for food!

I can't stand Rachel Ray anymore--I've just exceeded my lifetime quota of perkiness. :rolleyes: Plus if I hear "EVOO" one more time lives will be lost!

Sandra Lee is so bad she's funny! ITA that the TWOP snark is the best thing about her!

I'm neutral on the rest.

I'm really looking forward to the show from the guys who won The Next Food Network Star. Has it started yet?

pearlieq said:
I looooove Alton Brown. Funny, educational, and always has the yummiest ideas for food!

I can't stand Rachel Ray anymore--I've just exceeded my lifetime quota of perkiness. :rolleyes: Plus if I hear "EVOO" one more time lives will be lost!

Sandra Lee is so bad she's funny! ITA that the TWOP snark is the best thing about her!

I'm neutral on the rest.

I'm really looking forward to the show from the guys who won The Next Food Network Star. Has it started yet?

Yes, the show has started. I watched it and didn't care for it that much.

The only one I watch is 30 Minute Meals, mainly because I use so much of those recipes. I cannot stand the Everyday Italian girl. She's annoying and has way too many teeth for her mouth.

LindsayDunn228 said:
The only one I watch is 30 Minute Meals, mainly because I use so much of those recipes. I cannot stand the Everyday Italian girl. She's annoying and has way too many teeth for her mouth.

I am with you on that! I can't stand her, and plus, you should never trust a skinny Italian chef.

I do love Rachael Ray. We watch her every night, and my two year old son loves her too. He always says "Ray Ray". And he cries if my husband tries to change the channel.

The Secret Life of... (I'm a big Jim O'Conner fan, reminds me of my DH)
Unwrapped
Good Eats

Those are my favorites. Least favorite would have to be Paula Deen. I'm not into Southern food, and she kind of annoys me.

I love watching Food Network. The only show I really can't stomach anymore is Emeril. My favorites are Unwrapped, Paula Dean & Rachael Ray for her recipes only.

Good Eats! We love Alton Brown....to the point my DH has even followed several of his recipes. We got to meet him last year when the Food Network had a Food Show nearby.

I agree, Rachael Ray is getting annoying. Does she ever find anything she isn't crazy about? Is everything she tries "yum"?

chef0126_big.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Rachael Ray is my favorite, although today's was odd. Her hair was more sophisticated and she didn't seem to be having as much fun as usual. She did the salt over the shoulder thing that another cook does and that is so annoying on his show that now I don't like it.

I like Paula, and Good Eats. I don't like the everyday Italian lady- she doesn't have to show that much bosom to cook -or the partly homemade lady - she sometimes gives wrong information. The guy who does low carb is OK.

Love Alton Brown very quirky, Paula Dean with her attitude and the Contessa not sure what the name of the show is but fodd is easy and down to earth not some foo foo stuff.

I like most of the shows, but it sometimes depends on what they're making - which is why I don't watch Iron Chef (not my cup of tea). I don't watch Emeril, either - hate that little tune (or whatever) he hums, 'nee-nee-nee'. Rachel is okay, but why does she giggle about everything? I mostly watch Paula, Sandra Lee, Giada, Barefoot Contessa, and Michael Chiarello.

Good Eats and Unwrapped - I hate cooking but love the details behind it. Oh, and Russ is a total Alton fan!

e9b87382.jpg

Love them all! Got to meet Ming Tsai at Food and Wine and Giada at the 5oth Celebration.

Alton Brown, Paula, Emeril & Sandra Lee. I am a foodtv addict. The only show I really do not care for is that Party line with Dan & Steve.

Kae

BunsenH said:
Good Eats - Alton Brown - Cooking with a little science thrown around.

Oh yeah! Alton is my FAVORITE! He is the best. I love the science part too. Makes me feel like such a dork.

Tyler is another one I like to watch. Now I'm cooking myself for being such a good cook. :blush: I sure would love to have him come help me out in the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter